Fanatec releases CSL Wheel P1 steering wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• hi sorry to be a pain and probably ask something that was answered on page 4 but... Im totally new to fanatec - bought the car elite pedals / wheel and stand... and had the same amazing news that its now discontinued and not bone compatible.. So is my base ok with bone if I just buy the new wheel ??

Or do I have to buy that new wheel with a base that works ?? and bin everything I bought earlier in the year... Also pedals ??

Thanks in advance and sorry If I'm sounding very new..

Tony
  • hi sorry to be a pain and probably ask something that was answered on page 4 but... Im totally new to fanatec - bought the car elite pedals / wheel and stand... and had the same amazing news that its now discontinued and not bone compatible.. So is my base ok with bone if I just buy the new wheel ??

Or do I have to buy that new wheel with a base that works ?? and bin everything I bought earlier in the year... Also pedals ??

Thanks in advance and sorry If I'm sounding very new..

Tony

Hello,

The only way to get Xbox 1 compatibility with Fanatec is with a CSWv1 or CSWv2 and a Xbox 1 compatible rim. Your pedals shifters etc should work fine. Currently there are two Xbox 1 rim options. The X1 hub with your choice of rim or the recently released CSL wheel P1. If you have any other questions just ask.
  • Thank you,

Whats the cheapest way to get me going.. Baring in mind I now have to bin the old set up...... 
  • Thank you,

Whats the cheapest way to get me going.. Baring in mind I now have to bin the old set up...... 
    The cheapest would be a used CSWv1 and the P1 rim. If you want all new it'd be a CSWv2 and the P1 rim.
  • Very kind thanks mate
  • Just received my CSL P1 yesterday and put it on my v1 base. Before I attached it I made sure my firmware is up to date. Attach the rim and get nothing but two vertical red lights in the display. Buttons don't function either. I got on the online chat with a tech and was advised to delete the firmware and driver from my computer, then reload and reflash. Did that but nothing changed. Also wanna add the fact that once CSL is attached and base is turned on, I can't turn the base back off unless I unplug it. I made a video and sent it to Fanatec. I got a reply back today asking if I used the screw to attach the wheel to base. Ofcourse I did. Haven't heard back from Fanatec yet. Pretty upset cuz I bought a XBone and Forza 6 because of this wheel. I absolutely refuse to race with a regular controller. I was really looking forward to spending this weekend using it. Just wish Fanatec would of replied back with something good. So disappointed.
  • Just received my CSL P1 yesterday and put it on my v1 base. Before I attached it I made sure my firmware is up to date. Attach the rim and get nothing but two vertical red lights in the display. Buttons don't function either. I got on the online chat with a tech and was advised to delete the firmware and driver from my computer, then reload and reflash. Did that but nothing changed. Also wanna add the fact that once CSL is attached and base is turned on, I can't turn the base back off unless I unplug it. I made a video and sent it to Fanatec. I got a reply back today asking if I used the screw to attach the wheel to base. Ofcourse I did. Haven't heard back from Fanatec yet. Pretty upset cuz I bought a XBone and Forza 6 because of this wheel. I absolutely refuse to race with a regular controller. I was really looking forward to spending this weekend using it. Just wish Fanatec would of replied back with something good. So disappointed.
    i have exactly the same problem. Upgraded to firmware v141 and has two vertical red lights and can't turn off either.  

Put my old BMW wheel on it and works like normal again.
  • Yeah, BMW rim works fine. But when I tried to recenter the BMW rim there was a lot of resistance holding it at center that I thought I was gonna break it. But once buttons were pressed it works fine. Have you tried contacting Fanatec about it? What response did you get? Pretty upset that now I have to wait until next week for some kind of response. And with Christmas being next week, who knows how long it's gonna take before I get a replacement. Especially after spending extra money to get faster shipping on this rim.
  • Yeah, BMW rim works fine. But when I tried to recenter the BMW rim there was a lot of resistance holding it at center that I thought I was gonna break it. But once buttons were pressed it works fine. Have you tried contacting Fanatec about it? What response did you get? Pretty upset that now I have to wait until next week for some kind of response. And with Christmas being next week, who knows how long it's gonna take before I get a replacement. Especially after spending extra money to get faster shipping on this rim.
    Haven't contacted Fanatec about it yet though.  I know the actual rim works because it's fine on my CSW V2.

I note that my CSW V2 has the 142 firmware and my CSW V1 is only 141.  I'm hoping it's just a firmware problem because it's like the wheel hasn't "fully booted up" with the P1 wheel.  

Yeah, bit disappointed as it was going to be specifically to try out forza on the xbox one too
  • Did you guys really, really make sure that you pushed the CSL P1 rime all the way onto the axle? In my own experience with the rim, the last few mm or so need an extra push to get it completely on.
  • Yeah Remco. I held the base firmly and pushed it on to make sure. Tried it a few times. Screw hole was lined up and the wheel was on there pretty solid. I don't think it could of been pushed on any more. Waiting to hear back from Fanatec. I hope they'll send me a new one instead of having to go through the process of repair and wait. Being that it didn't work out the box.
  • Did you guys really, really make sure that you pushed the CSL P1 rime all the way onto the axle? In my own experience with the rim, the last few mm or so need an extra push to get it completely on.
    Yeah, it's firmly in and the screw is firmly in too.  
    Yeah Remco. I held the base firmly and pushed it on to make sure. Tried it a few times. Screw hole was lined up and the wheel was on there pretty solid. I don't think it could of been pushed on any more. Waiting to hear back from Fanatec. I hope they'll send me a new one instead of having to go through the process of repair and wait. Being that it didn't work out the box.
    I have the same or similar problem as you on the CSW v1 yet it works fine on the CSW V2 so I dunno if sending you a new rim would solve the issue
  • I brought it up to Fanatec regarding it working on the V2 but they still want me to send it back.
  • I brought it up to Fanatec regarding it working on the V2 but they still want me to send it back.
    They've suspect it's a problem with my CSW V1 wheel....

Helpfully added I should send it back for repairs at my own cost too as it's out of warranty.....
  • Wait, they suspect it's your base and not the wheel. Being that we have the same exact problems sounds like it's the wheel. And if my base has a problem too, then why does it work fine with everything else? I made a print out of our earlier conversation and sent it with a letter inside the box with the wheel. I want the tech to see it so he can test my wheel on both versions of bases. It just arrived there today so I'll keep you posted.
  • Wait, they suspect it's your base and not the wheel. Being that we have the same exact problems sounds like it's the wheel. And if my base has a problem too, then why does it work fine with everything else? I made a print out of our earlier conversation and sent it with a letter inside the box with the wheel. I want the tech to see it so he can test my wheel on both versions of bases. It just arrived there today so I'll keep you posted.
    Had further correspondence with support.  They say it is likely the problem with my V1 wheelbase only effects the Xbox One mode (ie it couldn't switch to xbox one mode).  

Not sure what I should do though as it does seem to work fine on my V2
  • Well hopefully a driver update will make it work. They have to do something if they advertise it works with V1. It's the only reason I bought an Xbox One. I have no use did it if I can't race
  • Any chance there will be an update for the v2 base and csl wheel being compatible with the xbox 360. My forza csr wheel is starting to get really loose as far as base to the steering wheel and now it's discontinued or is there a fix for this.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hey Tyler. Unfortunately the Xbox One runs on different protocols therefore will not be compatible with the 360. Sad but true.
  • So it works great with my out dated ps3 and also works with the ps4, but will never work with the 360, fanatec already has the coding for the 360 why not just do an update
  • So it works great with my out dated ps3 and also works with the ps4, but will never work with the 360, fanatec already has the coding for the 360 why not just do an update
    AFAIK, Sony leaves it up to the manufacturers and game developers to support hardware. Microsoft uses licenses to determine what hardware is and is not allowed to work with the XBox. So no license for the 360 means it's not going to work.
  • UPDATE: Ok, so I sent the wheel back in. I was getting responses back from two different people at Fanatec. They looked at the tech notes and it did confirm that the wheel was working with the V2 but not V1. i was asked to be patient as they run more tests. To make a long story short, I received a response from one rep at Fanatec saying I must have a V1 with an older circuit board and that's what's causing the problem. Not sure how that's possible as I bought the base from a friend who bought it from Fanatec right when they were discontinued. Whatever. After that is when I got another email saying they wanna run more tests but they'll send me a replacement. I ended up selling my V1 to purchase a V2, which was my plans from a long time. I received the V2 last weekend and the CSL P1 yesterday. Put it on and it works well. I was a bit concerned at first when the Rev strip wasn't working while playing Forza 6 but after looking around on the Internet, it seems this is normal. Still haven't tried it yet on my PS4 and Pcars as I understand it'll work there. Question regarding the V2 base. My BMW rim and this CSL rim seem to fit on very tight. When trying to pull them off I have to really pull hard that I almost smacked myself in the face with the BMW rim. Is it normal because it's brand new? They would slide on and off very easy with the V1 base. Also in the V2 box I had a rubber O ring. What's that for? I noticed a O ring on the shaft so I figured it's a spare.
  • I also noticed while playing Forza 6 that I don't have much rotation. I first had it set to Auto, but then I changed it to 900 which seemed to help a little. I haven't been able to get to the main menu as I just started the game. I did the first race in Brazil in the Ford GT. Then it took me to the 3 race series. Haven't been able to go into settings yet
  • Thanks for the update.  I guess my V1 probably has one of the older circuit boards (mine was a July 2013 one).  I was hopeful a new firmware would easily fix it, but it might not be fixable from what you say :(

Yeah, my V2 is tighter than my V1 as well and I don't think it get's any looser as it gets older (mines 1 years old).  The O ring is supposed to "avoid shaking steering wheel" which I assume is to reduce the vibrations etc.

I haven't used the P1 wheel much at all since I went and got a Logitech G920 to use on the Xbox One during the post Christmas sales.  It's actually quite decent on the xbox and Forza 6 considering the whole wheel set was about the same price as the P1 wheel!

Might wait to see how the CSL wheel base is like and get that in the future though.

• Klemen PavlicKlemen Pavlic Member
    edited January 2016
    Just a notice. I am facing the same problem with P1 wheel and CSW v1. The same behavior as described in few previous posts. I think Fanatec has to figure something out but not to offer discount codes for csw v2 since some customers do not want to spend more. 
    They must fix the situation since they do advertise it as compatible.

P.S.:
    Fanatec: Are you planning to release a firmware update for this to fix? If yes when we can expect at least a beta firmware? It would be also 'fehr' to make a note on your page since it seems that P1 wheel is not compatible with all CSW v1 bases and is more like hit and miss with buying them when you are on v1.
  • As a long-time CSR user, I researched options to get a Fanatec setup to work with Xbox One. I bought a used CSW v1 and P1 because Fanatec says they are compatible. My setup isn't working, and the issues are slightly different from previously described problems in this thread.

I applied the latest firmware to the CSW v1 and after attaching the P1 wheel, the CSW starts and the LED ring turns green regardless if it is connected to the PC or XBox One. The LED on the P1 continually alternates between two vertical bars and what appears to be the word "No". The power on/off works as expected - unlike the other reports here. But the buttons on the P1 do nothing.

I flashed to an older firmware, and the CSW v1 registers on the PC as an attached gaming device when opening the Fanatec game controller utility/icon. When running the latest firmware, it does not show up as an attached device, despite Windows 7 (64bit) issuing the USB connection sound (it also issues the USB disconnect sound when powering off).

The big questions I have:
    1) If my behavior is slightly different than what others are reporting, am I facing the same, or different issue? If different, then is there any other troubleshooting I can do?
    2) Has ANYONE been able to get the P1 working on a CSW v1?
    3) Is Fanatec able to do anything? I understand firmware updates can solve some problems, but perhaps not all if there is an incompatible internal component like other report (i.e older circuit board).

I specifically purchased this combo because of the advertised compatibility. Others need to be aware of this before going down the same path I did if there isn't a resolution available. At least put out a warning or clarification that some CSW v1 may not be compatible if that is the final answer. I would have pursued another option had I known this.

Thanks

• BrF - 50 (adjust to personal preference)
    what excactly does BrF do ?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    It regulates the pressure needed to apply Brake Force (BrF) when pressing the brake pedal.
  • ok so that at 0 means i can put a coin on the pedal and it will apply full break force ?
  • ok so that at 0 means i can put a coin on the pedal and it will apply full break force ?
    Maybe not that, but it will go from very sensitive to requiring a lot of force.