Forza Horizon 4 - Impossible to Configure Buttons because of Device1: Axis1

Hello,

I'm really frustrated right now.

Got a new Fanatec Setup.

DD1, Inverted Pedals V3, Shifter, Porsche Wheel 918 RSR.

Latest Driver and FANLab installed on PC.

Calibration of Motor Sensor, Wheel and Shifter fine, everything looks good in Fanatec Property Tool.

Initial Setup in Forza for the wheel is working. Steering, Shifting, Clutch, Gas and Brake is working.

Now the problem:

I want to change the buttons on the wheel to my own preferences.

I go to the custom menu to set a new profile and as soon as I try to set a button, immidiately the button is set to Device1: Axis1 (which has to be steering as I found out by now).

I'm right now out of solutions for trouble shooting.

I tried different degrees for the wheel, calibrating over and over again, with and without Torque Key, resetting the USB connection, turning DD1 off and on again, setting different dead zones for steering in Forza Horizon 4, restarting the hole PC.

Nothing worked.

Did anyone had this problem before?

Thank you,

M

Comments

• No nothing, but I've figured out that it's possible to change the mode to "Comp V2.5". Here I can change button settings, but the downside is reduced wheel base functionality. But I guess I can life with that. Or is there somebody out there able to use DD1 in "PC Mode" with Forza Horizon 4?

And I just found some other issue. Maybe this was just bad luck, but the wheel base lost the turning completely with a heavy rumble. Happend more than once. In the next second, the front wheels of the car were pointing in the complete opposite direction.

That happend so somebody before and is known when or why this occurs?

Thank you and BR,

M

• Nope, you found the fix. In PC mode you can use one of the DD2 presets in FH or set the wheel to 2.5 mode to use custom buttons.

• Yes, topic can be closed.

Thank you guys for your help.

BR,

M

• Hu LeeHu Lee Member

When I use the DD2 presets, my brake becomes Reverse gear for some reason.

And the gas pedal doesn't accelerate at all. Revs only.

When I use a custom setup on Compatibility mode 2.5 the game doesn't recognize my shift inputs

from the gearbox.

What do I do lol