McLaren GT3 V2 shutting down Wheel Base.

Hi All.

Have been using CSL Elite Wheel Base + PS4 with a F1 Esports rim for almost a year without any problem.

Received a brand new McLaren GT3 V2 wheel with a CS-QR1 adapter, connected it to the wheel base, turned the base on and just after doing the wheel rotation process the base just turn off automatically.

Anyone having this issue?

Thanks!

Comments

• Sometimes, if I turn on the base without a rim or with another rim connected and I put it on PS4 mode then I attach the McLaren V2 wheel and all works good. But other times the same process just fails. The base just turns off once the McLaren wheel is attached.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Diego,

Are you using the latest Fanatec Driver? It is linked at the top of the front page of the website. I suggest that you try to update your wheel base firmware before connecting the McLaren wheel. Then once the wheel base is updated, connect the wheel and you might be prompted to update the wheel firmware too. If it is still causing the base to shut down, please contact support. You can create a Support Ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account, or you can reach them via the Live Chat feature, open Monday to Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. (CEST). The live chat is active whenever you see this icon:

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi Dominic. Thanks for your reply!

Already opened a support ticket and they told me to update drivers too. I did it but the same issue...

When Im able to attach the rim and the base does not turns off, I open Fanatec properties page and the Wheel driver update message is displayed. If I click on YES button to start the process to update the wheel driver, the base just turns off again.

Support sent me a CSQR1 adapter to replace the Simplified QR but the problem still persist. Only improvement was that the wheel does not disconnect anymore while playing but I still have to do the workaround process in order to use it. Very dissapointing!!!

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Then something is still not right. Please continue to communicate with the support team until you are satisfied.

• DIEGO COSCIODIEGO COSCIO Member
    edited August 2021

Yes, that is why Im posting here! Most of the time forums has better solutions than tech support!!!

Thanks Dominic!!!

• Have you tried updating the firmware again?

• Hi David. Yes also did that.

Removed McLaren wheel, updated drivers to v381 (and tested) then again to v402.

All good on both cases for the wheel base and the F1 Esports wheel but when I attach the McLaren wheel with the base turned on and in Fanatec properties app the McLaren firmware update popup is shown, when I click on yes the base just turns off and the wheel never gets the update.

• ciao diego a differenza di tempo vedo che hai scritto il 2021 ho lo stesso problema con la xbox mi sai dire se hai risolto o come posso fare grazie

no mi rileva piu la modalità xbox. sono fuorioso 2 settimana ci ho giocato.