QR2

Terje SkaretTerje Skaret Member
edited September 2021 in Fanatec Other

Would it be a new qr shaft on the csl DD for the QR2 ?

If so can you purchase the "New" qr shaft for the csl DD ? Without needing to buy a whole new unit.

Should i wait for QR2 to come before ordering a csl DD with f1 wheel ?

Comments

• No details yet of timescales or price but the QR2 is a complete replacement system - base side and wheel side. If I was in the market just now I would be inclined to wait until there was more news. The current system is not great - that is why it is being changed. But it is already half a year late with no updates so your call...

• Just buy the base and whatever wheel you need to use it. do not buy anything extra!

go racing...

when the new QR is out, just get it and swap out whatever you have. base side and wheel side...

continue racing!!! 😁

• They are hurting their sales by not releasing information. Just announce the cost to existing owners to swap and the estimated release date so we can make an informed buying decision. Or offer a free exchange for new buyers of DD bases and rims. If not like most I’m going Simucube 2 pro leaving the Fanatec ecosystem after many years. Hope they make an announcement before Black Friday.

• I too am in the same boat as the OP - wait for the QR2 announcement or just order a QR1 upgrade for my QRLite that came with the Mclaren GT3 V2 and CSL DD.

Having the BMW GT2 (V1), i don't know if that will be able to upgrade to the QR2 because once/if i go the QR2 route i would have to buy an additional one for the wheel since the shaft on the DD will be changing to accommodate the new QR system. Honestly, i'm leaning towards just ordering a QR1 for now.

Agreed with Todd that they should announce something at least so their customers can plan to suit.

• Is there any news about this or have you scrapped the project.