Which Xbox-suitable Wheel / Rim for High Torque? (DD1)

Denis BrownDenis Brown Member
edited October 2021 in Steering Wheels

Hi

I purchased the Podium Racing Wheel F1 (PS4), which is basically just another edition of the DD1 for PS4 / PS5. But I also play on xbox and PC, which is why I use my Formula Wheel V2, which I got with my old CSL Elite. I also still have my xbox compatible standard wheel, but when I attach it, it only allows for low torque. That is a pity, since I want to have a round wheel for games like Dirt 2.0 and Gran Turismo / Forza Motorsport.

What I seek now is a full (round) Xbox compatible wheel, as big as possible, with a newer quick release clamp which allows for high torque use. Which ones meet these requirements?

I'd love to have the nascar wheel, since it is big, but the shop says something about it having an old quick release clamp, since it needs to be combined with the wheel hub.

thanks for your help

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Denis,

There is essentially only two types of QR for the Steering Wheel side at the moment, and they were renamed in anticipation of moving to an all-new QR design (QR2), but this is not available yet.

Current QRs:

'QR1 Wheel-Side' - formerly called the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter. Made of metal. Found on ClubSport and Podium products.

'QR1 Lite Wheel-Side' - formerly called the Simplified Quick Release Adapter. Made of fibre-reinforced plastic. Found on CSL Series products.

The metal version is what you need to enable High-Torque Mode on Podium wheel bases.

This 'QR1 Wheel-Side' is what you have on your Formula V2, and the wheel that came with your Podium Racing Wheel F1. The NASCAR wheel rim is currently listed three times in the Steering Wheels category: with the Podium Hub, the ClubSport Universal Hub V2, and the ClubSport Universal Hub V2 for Xbox. All three use the same 'QR1 Wheel-Side', and therefore all support High-Torque Mode. If you want to use it on Xbox, then you need pick the one combined with the ClubSport Universal Hub V2 for Xbox.

[Fanatec Community Manager]