Downloaded driver 415. Steering wheel stuck in flash software boot loop

CSL DD, all other drivers up to date. Tried two wheels ( club sport and Mclaren ) Regardless, Firmware still reads 0 ( firmware 41 ). If I unplug wheel, says all other software is up to date.. If I ignore & try to play F12021, Car drives like brakes are on & then random keystrokes. Have uninstalled drivers several times. After flashing, PC makes the same sound as if when an external drive is added & then dropped. Anything ? ( and thanks, I am a noob )

Comments

• Peter CsonkaPeter Csonka Member
    edited October 2021

Its really quite funny, i am having exactly the same issue, check my post below yours. Except it only affect 1 Wheel and my 2 OTher Fanatec Wheel works fine.

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/24029/mclaren-gt3-v2-broke-in-firmware-update-loop

It really doesn't get my trust up in their update process, i mean, wow.

• Have you guys tried a different USB slot?

• Nott sure what OP has already tried, but i have already tried a couple of things as reported in my Posts.

That includes trying it on a freshly installed Laptop just to Rule out any Possibility it being my main Gaming Rig.

So that technically means different USB Port.

• I've tried everything including, but not limited to : Intensely staring at it, threatening to call my wife on it. pondering getting my tools to dissemble & throw it all in the trash ( I'm still on option 3 ) .. but I've tried downloading older drivers, 410 , 412.. I'm very new to Fanatec & that bricking disclaimer makes me hesitate. When I unplug the wheel, everything says fine, after trying to re-flash wheel, just loops. I'm hoping Tech support monitors these pages & will chime in..

• I opened a ticket and they want to RMA my wheel, what has worried me more is, they also wanted to RMA my DD2.

I said i wannta keep the DD2 for now and see if the new Wheel works, i mean at the end of the Day the Base seems fine all of my other Wheels work fine.

However as a tech savy person, i still believe this is a Software related Issue. The way Fanatec workswith flashing the Firmware is just very easy to Brick things, im also positive if the would be a way to actually reset the wheel flash the wheel with some dort of old hex file it would probably work but at this point it behaves like this:

Loop on any Driver that includes 41 wheel version for me.

last Wheel version was also 41 so im assuming thats the one stuck

If i flash my base and motor with an OLDeR firmware that includes wheel firmware 40, the Loop doesnt Occur but instead it will display "Caution Steering Wheel not support - Update the Firmware.

However no manual Firmware upgrade possiblebecause this way the Wheel doesnt show up in the Updater ...