Review Time.

I love Sim Racing. Ive been racing in the community for a better part of a decade. When I heard that the steering wheels, pedals and the works finally caught up and were good I was super excited. I did weeks of research finding out the strengths and weakness's of all the available products. Of course Fanatec topped the list everywhere. So I saved a bit of dough and got myself a rather nice setup for a 1st timer. I got the CSL Elite Playstation, the CSW V3 Pedals, Xbox universal hub, a rim and the SQ v1.5 shifter. I got a next level racing GT Sport chassis to put everything on.

My experience...... The CSL elite works flawlessly. Its more powerful and smoother than all the other brands out there. (i have not tried sim cube) The pedals work flawlessly. They feel nice and have loads of adjustability. The wheel does what you'd expect a wheel to do. The Shifter is absolutely garbage. As a matter of fact its so bad my setup has done more sitting and collecting dust than it has driving. Just because the useless hunk of metal that is the shifter. Its so bad Ive considered never upgrading, purchasing or even using a sim race setup ever again. There is no fix for it. There is no amount of tinkering to get it to work. Its literally made my entire experience with this type of equipment terrible. I personally think if your going to produce a more expensive piece of kit than your competitors it better well work. which it never did not on day 1, not on year 1, never. I see Fanatec is releasing all sorts of new equipment. Yet they still have this hunk of garbage. Why would you ever buy anything new from them if they cant even fix an old piece of equipment that to my knowledge they still offer. Im sorry if this review is scathing but its the truth. I spent nearly 2k on this equipment and have used it in total less than a week. How am I supposed to drive if I don't have a shifter. Also don't tell me that there's paddle shifters because everyone here knows exactly what I mean.

Edited for spelling.

Comments

• I have never had a problem with my shifter. You say it’s trash and absolute garbage, yet you failed to give even one example of what was not working properly, other than “it does not work” . All you did was vent anger and did not give a review. If you would put the same time and effort into asking questions and for help on the forum, your experience would probably be better.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Adam,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the shifter. However I checked your Fanatec account to see if we had already helped you with the shifter, and I don't see any support communication on your account. But perhaps you are using a different account for this forum. If you have never contacted technical support about the shifter, I recommended that you do. We can certainly help you with that. You can create a Support Ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account, or you can try the Live Chat feature, open Monday to Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. (CET). Live Chat is active whenever you see the headset icon on the site.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Knowing what is wrong will help. There are a lot of users who will chim in with ideas. But we do need to know what is wrong with your unit. And the settings you are currently using.

There might be some tweaking that you may need to do and that is in fact, the fun part of the Fanatec journey. It is more of an enthusiast level of an interest. Rather than an off the shelf unit to plug and "play".