CSL DD Hard Mount to Playseat Evolution

Good morning,

Can someone confirm if they hard mounted their CSL DD into a Playseat Evolution if the pre-drilled holes from the Manufacturer were ok to use to hard mount the base to the rig.

It's something I'm curious about as I await my CSL DD Pro order.

Comments

• Good news/Bad news. The DD1 will fit the pre-drilled holes. The bad news is that the Evolution was designed for a G27/G29. The DD1 with a Fanatec Wheel is much longer. Even if you move the wheel support as far away as it will go you will find the wheel too close to you. I had this same issue, I had to drill new holes.

One other thing, the Evolution is too flexible for the DD1. I had to stiffen mine up MASSIVELY in order to make it work acceptably. Enter Frankenrig. It's ugly as sin but it is perfectly stiff.

• It might depend on which version of the Playseat you have - some have more holes than others. Mine is quite old and I had to drill it. If it's like mine you'll find you need the holes as far back as possible as the CSL DD and wheel is much longer than the G25 the old seats were designed for

• Mines a newer one and didn't need to drill thankfully lol

• I think that mine must be an even older version. I would have to drill the wheel stand, but the pedal plate is far too narrow - 260mm wide total for the 275mm wide mounting holes 😣

The pictures on the website seem to indicate that the new plate is much wider and may well fit, I am emailling them to see if that is so and if I can get the plates separately.

• If you are also not satisfied of the angle mounting a ddpro on a playseat evolution, then I recommend to look at this…

https://www.ebay.de/itm/144899421008