Fanatec Driver 434 (Release Candidate) (previously 432beta) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• edited January 2022

But trust me, it's there since forever, also already on the CSL Elite ;)

• Understood once you guys are aware and acknowledge issue that's fine. Thanks

• It has always been there just as Maurice says. With CSL elite I already did it. And with DD1 ps4 does it too. ;)

• I have CSL Elite LC. I have found a reasonably good setting, but was just enquiring as to if it was possible to have smaller increments. Thanks for the reply.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

I've talked to our dev and he confirmed what you felt: It's not an actual error in the FFB which would lead to any issue you can feel, it's just an informational log because the game send an optional command we are not using.

• Hi Marcel,

I tried it on both PC mode & PC Compatibility mode, & with LEDs enabled (have checked by disabling & re-enabled LEDs).

I have always ran AC in vanilla mode, no content manager, no 3rtd party software.

Regards

• So far only noticed it on ACC, but then again only using shifters consistently on that title. When the shifters stop working, the rest of the wheel continues to work just fine - only the three shifters on each side stop working.

• Good Morning

During the Daytona 24 at 16 hours into the event my wheel suddenly seized up in centered position. With a large force it would clunk on the gear left or right but no flash messages or error message on Fanalab. I powered it down and up with no issue but wanted to check if this happened due to having the wheel base on for 16 hours straight?

is there a recommended max run time before powering it down to cool down?

Podium DD2

Porsche Wheel with Podium HUB with Podium Endurance Button Module

Driver 434

Fanalab 1.61.3

Thanks for your time.

Jeremy

• DD2 and formula v2.

Ffb randomly will feel as if the damping has been turned up a lot. I play AC and ACC.

It happens in game when I restart a session or return to pits etc, in either game, sometimes the ffb damping will increase to the point where turning the wheel is noticeably harder.

I don't think it's overall gain increasing as correcting oversteer etc also requires more effort on the wheels, this is why I believe it is the wheel base damping increasing. In fanalab, values are unchanged....this is purely the wheelbase going crazy.

The only way to get this back to normal is to power down the wheelbase and go back into the game.

Playing with the sliders in fanalab do nothing etc.

The issue is completely random. I never had this issue prior to November (on my old pc, using the older firmware and driver etc).

When my new pc came in late December, I updated drivers and firmware etc.

Any ideas what could cause this?

• Yes, see my post above. Same issue pretty much.

Damping just randomly goes up for no reason. Fanalab settings are unchanged.

• Just to add I've seen some people say it's like the nfr increases in feel. That would also sound about right too. Just very heavy and sloppy steering. Harder to turn, lacks detail...feels awful.

• Haven't had this in a while and it's hard to replicate. In ACC at least it seems to be fixed by stopping turning the car off and back on.

• It happens in AC1 more regularly. After a crash or when the steering wheel hits its stop lock, it seems to happen then.

In ACC it's still random. I had it today and had to exit the game and restart the base. I just wish we could get firmware and drivers or whatever that just work. The random jolt with the itm thing is still there for as long as I can remember too. Just lots of little stupid things that are starting to add up. I want to keep my DD2.... But I am running out of patience. Hopefully the heavy steering bug can be fixed. I think it's nfr or something going whack.

I'm on the latest driver and firmware.

As a side note, if I go into acc and then power on the dd2, there will be no ffb at all. The base has to he turned on BEFORE going into acc. I'm guessing this is normal?

• Thanks for clarifying that.

Are you aware of the heavy steering issue where nfr or some sort of dampening affect really ramps up from the wheelbase. Is that something you guys are working on/aware of?

Do you know what motor, base or driver was the start of this?

Or is there any fix I could try?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer. I appreciate the effort you guys all make with trying to improve all the time.

If I can do anything to assist with feedback or logs etc....happy to help.

• We all have the same problem with the steering going heavy randomly. I have asked the same questions and they have advised that they are aware of the issue.

From reading posts from others it seems back to 429 driver/firmware and Fanalab 1.60.2 is only fix for now. The DDs are f**d with that issue as if it happens mid race its game over. Like driving an articulated lorry with low tyre pressure :)

• I have same problems 9n DD1 on playstation. Its really annoying! right now this ruined my SLOVENIAN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN GTS!!! PRACTICING

I train all week FOR NOTHING! It is unfortunate that the € 2,000 steering wheel is not working as it should ... I think it will be time to switch to SIMUCUBE

Have A NICE day

ANGRY USER

• Its unfortunate to see this kind of "progress". On one had people should be understanding of how difficult it is to develop SW and FW.

On the other hand its true that for this kind of money, you would expect releases without issues that cause the games to misbehave. You can see how long it takes to fix jolts (ie. not yet). And no its not just on the telemetry displays, I commented before that I had them on main one too, so personally I have reverted to one of the really early official drivers last year, 346 or 347. Yes, really old but the ones after gave me random jolts and I can see there are other issues creeping up so while Im still enjoing my DD1 like this, my next base will be a different brand because it cuts me off of future updates or new rims. Fanatec may not care, they already got money from me, but they wont get more. Especially when I see them happily invest in new rims and new DD budget base instead of having stable software for the current hardware.

• Random jolts and rattling in fanatec podium dd occur above constant torque

It is divided into two types, one occurs in the quick release

This can be solved by tightening the included bolts.

However, there are random jolts and rattles that occur even when joining the included bolts.

This happens randomly in game when you step on a collision effect or curb.

In the case of dd2, regardless of peak or linear, it can be seen that it occurs when the FFB intensity is over 51% through the fanatec force feedback test.

When it is below 50%, it is tested very gently, but when it is above 51%, it rattles rapidly.

I've tried fanatec dd1 and dd2 and dd2 used two as an initial bad exchange and had the same random jolts and rattles in-game.

It is alleviated by lowering Fei, but occurs again by increasing the FFB intensity.

In my opinion, this problem seems to occur in the effect over a certain torque.

In my opinion, this is alleviated by lowering Fei, but it occurs again when the FFB intensity is increased, so setting Fei is not a fundamental solution.

I've searched a lot of information and the same thing happens even if I leave the fanatec logo on the display. This doesn't seem to have much to do with the display screen.

I hope this is not a hardware glitch I hope fanatec can fix this.

always thank you for your hard work

• Hello,

I haven't played with the settings, but checked them after each change to have the same conditions for a comparison.

I suspect that the new option or the now allowed access through games to change the settings is causing the problem with the FW 690. Irrespective of whether "Auto" or "1" to "5" is selected in the tuning menu, there seems to be uncontrolled access to the settings at times. Perhaps there is an easy way for them to test disable this access to see if it is the cause.

Regards

Volker Schaefer

• Simucube and sim magicnhave the ugliest wheels. And they cost like 1500 for a good one... not to mention $700 pedals....

• I can second this, went back to v429 driver and downgraded the firmwares and all has been good now with my DD1.

• edited January 2022

SHO was intentionally changed to On/Off instead of a scale of 0-100.

On is exactly the same strength as 100 was previously. Maybe a third option in the middle can be added with what was 50 previously (so to get a range Off/Light/Full or something like that) but I dont think that a numbered scale with values from 0-100 will come back when it was just intentionally radically changed.

If On is not strong enough for you then there is literally nothing Fanatec could do as that is already the maximum strength of these small rumble motors...

• Thanks for answer.

No, it’s strong enough now, I wanted to test it on slightly lower settings.

That light/full sounds OK 👍

• This is sad to hear, I literally ran my DD1 straight for 48 hours, that's right, two Daytona 24 events, without a single issue. DD1 here with same fw and driver

• For me it was specifically the file FwCsusbFirmwareSelector.exe that was flagged.

This discussion has been closed.