Fanatec Driver 434 (Release Candidate) (previously 432beta) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Stefano CoccoStefano Cocco Member
    edited December 2021

I downgraded the drivers to the official version 415 (with this my handbrake worked) but still, when I go to test it in the Fanatec Control Panel it is always not working now and therefore not recognized.

I have not proceeded to downgrade the firmware too but only driver... maybe this is the reason?

However, at this point, instead of intervening on the firmware, I prefer re-update to the last 433 driver again and wait for a subsequent fix for the handbrake problem, hoping that Fanatec will release it as soon as possible...

• edited December 2021

Yes that is the issue. It's a Firmware issue, not a driver issue. So you have to downgrade the firmware back to what's included in 415 and everything is fine again. Explanation how to do so is given in the official driver installation manual included with every driver package.

The firmware issue will be fixed with the next firmware update next year.

• Thank you for the comprehensive explanation... it will mean that I will wait patiently for the firmware update which I only hope will not delay much.

• Jamie PollockJamie Pollock Member
    edited December 2021

The 433 driver, plus a new Forza Patch as of today - unfortunately the game still freeze crashes.

Does any Fanatec person know what makes driver 346 work, and if there's anything that can be done on the Fanatec side to get this game working with anything but age-old Fanatec drivers?

I'd like to be able to play ACC, F1 and FH5 without having to go back and forth installing drivers each time I want to play a different driving game... soo frustrating.

• edited December 2021

Answered several times. Only the Game Developers know (or should know by now) what they did wrong with the Fanatec Driver and SDK implementation. Nothing Fanatec can do other than pushing for a Game Patch which fixes the issues.

• Mouse emulation has been ruined since the new UI 429 got implemented. If I try and change the button config, it crashes. Updated to 431. Same. Downloading 433. But I see no change to this issue in the log

CSL E. Formula V2

• I would like to ask if feedback is possible.

I am using dd2 and Porsche 918rsr rims.

When the left analog joystick is mapped, it is mapped to the y and x axes.

This causes conflicts between left and right, front and back view mappings.

Is there a possibility that the left analog stick will be updated so that it is mapped left and right, up and down instead of the y-axis and x-axis?

• Is anyone else experiencing this problem? This started for me with a driver in the 42x range and continues to be an issue with 433. I don't remember this happening prior to that.

I have a DD2, R300 podium wheel with the latest drivers and firmware. During the upgrade to 433 I did an erase motor calibration as a test which didn't help. This happens in Grid 2019, ACC, F12020, pretty much any game I've tested. Initially, I thought it was a problem with Codemaster games but it's the same with games from other developers.

Pause a race when the wheel is not perfectly straight, IOW, you are going thru a corner, in the middle of a crash and the wheel continues to turn in the direction it was turning when you paused it. At times the torque of the wheel is so strong it's a struggle to keep the wheel from turning. Every time this happens I have to hold the wheel with my leg until I either resume the race or quit the game. Exiting the race to the main screen of the game isn't enough, I have to completely exit the game and when I do I feel the wheel release and no longer have to hold it. The amount of force that continues to rotate the wheel after pausing seems proportional to the degree of wheel angle when paused. If I don't hold the wheel with my leg it will continue rotating until the DD2 says something to the effect that it's exceeded the maximum number of rotations and needs to be restarted.

Robert

• Yup, it's a known issue of Firmware 690 currently being investigated.

• Quick Q - with 4.33 in RC - My DD Pro is arriving today, looks like 4.33 improves/fixes quite a bit on my gear over 4.29. should I just go to 4.33 today?

I have DD Pro, will use CS v3 pedals connected through DD, WRC & McLaren v2 wheels, SQ Shifter v1.5.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    1. It's fine to do it with all of them, sadly the device manager doesn't have obious names but the name usually includes "Gamecontroller", the additional screenshots I've shared were meant to show the VID which is always 0EB7 in case you only want to enable it for our device
    2. No, the wireless system inside the base is inductive for power and infra red for the signal, its designed to not interfere with WiFi, bluetooth or else.

Is your handbrake plugged into the base or the pedals?

If plugged into the base, do you also have pedals plugged in?

Please try with flashing this firmware manually and let me know if it works afterwards.

edited December 2021

Thanks for the info, we'll have a look. If the driver UI crashes, please always provide log files, you can use the collect logs function on the settings page of the driver UI. Logs will help find the root cause of the crash.

• I currently have upgraded to 432 and I think that included a BME update as well. Since the update, the LEDs on the BME have not been working when the Fanalab (most current Fanalab) setting is for %, only when set to specific RPM values. When the LEDs are set to the % setting, they flash randomly with different colors and brightnesses. This all was working fine before this update. Has this been an issue with anyone else and their Button Module Endurance?

Thank you!

New driver 434

Updated first post

New CSL DD / GT DD PRO firmware 1.1.3.2

• Fixed handbrake only working after FW update and not working anymore after re-boot.

I think this is an issue on BME firmware v19

I'll attach v18 here, if you flash it manually then the LEDs should work fine again.

• tried to update CSL Elite 1.0, but it crashes when i start the Update, tried normal and manuel.

Light at the Base blinks blue when i want to update

Tried 433 and 434, both same problem when i want to update

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL Elite WB (first version)
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Clubsport Formula Carbon
    • Driver Version: 434
    • Base FW Version: 686

edited December 2021

Sure, pedal and handbrake are directly connected to the motor base. So OK... I unpack the file, flash this firmware manually and I'll tell you the result. P.S.: Clearly I have to use this in "Manual Wheel Base Firmware Update"? I just hope there will be no problems during this firmware manual installation 🤞

• Sorry to keep asking but it's not clear. I'm coming from driver 433 with manually updated 690 base on DD2. Do I need to manually update again for 434? Thanks.

edited December 2021

Good news... Manual update performed and handbrake finally working again!

Many thanks 👍️

• Not sure if this is a bug, don't remember having to do this in the past.

Fanalab 1.60.6, DD2 and R300 wheel with APM.

Updated from 433 to 434 driver, manually updated Wheel Base, Motor and Formula V2 firmware.

Load a profile in Fanalab, switch to Tuning Menu tab, try to change Analogue Clutch Paddle setting. I no longer can make a change on this section of the screen. I have to open Fanatec Control Panel to change it, which is reflected in Fanalab.

• That's a issue of Fanalab 1.60.6 and is actually completely unrelated to driver 434 ;)

Will be fixed in the next Fanalab version hopefully next week.

• Thanks. You probably know this but just in case. ACP is set to Mappable Axes. Switch Tuning Menu from Advanced to Standard and it resets ACP back to CBP.

• edited December 2021

Yeah ACP is COMPLETELY broken in 1.60.6... Just ignore it, it's known and already fixed for next version :)

And in the driver what you describe is intended. Switching to Standard always Resets everything to default which woild be CBP. But nobody Switches from Advanced back to Standard anyway…

• Hello Marcel Pfister,

I read that it is only a hotfix for the CSL DD / GT DD PRO.

My Fanatec setup is a DD1 with Clubsport STEERING WHEEL GT with ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module and Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula V2, ClubSport Pedals V3, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, ClubSport Handbrake V1.5. Until now I have never had problems that one of the devices was not recognized or worked after a driver or firmware update!

They also work with the 43x versions.

But the FFB has got worse or even unacceptable depending on the game. When I start it still feels ok, but suddenly it becomes stiff and generally lifeless. It's extreme at Dirt Rally, I start the stage, it feels normal, then it chops and I think I have a flat tire or an axle break and struggle with it until the end of the stage to then realize that the DD1 is going at full speed Rotating to the left, so I fought against this force and thus no longer had a feeling for the route.

It's not that extreme with ACC and RR3, but it just feels sluggish.

I tried all 43x drivers except for the 434, with different FW versions. Unfortunately without success, I am now back to the 429 driver with the FW 689 base and have kept the FW 42 motor. Everything finally feels good and right again!

• I did the same. FFB is shit after 429. I doubt it's fixed with 434. Waiting for someone to confirm. I just don't have the patience anymore to keep upgrading and downgrading all the time. Still waiting for jolts to be fixed for two years now...

This discussion has been closed.