[Resolved] DD Pro Express Option Won’t Deliver on Schedule

fanatec, please acknowledge if you will be doing something for your customers who placed an express DD Pro orders to have it arrive by Christmas as you stated it would. Right now your dates DO NOT line up at all. You charged $185 for express shipping but at your current rate of making delivers its 9-10 business days from date you “complete processing” to the time it actually ships and delivers.

I placed on order on 11/25, you processed it as complete on 11/25, it took until 12/1 for it to actually get tracking and ship, and the ETA via FedEx ground is 12/9. I placed an order 2 weeks ago, and it took the same lead times of 10 business days.

Following those examples, if the DD Pro arrives to you and is processed all on 12/17, that means it wont actually ship out of your warehouse until 12/23 or 12/24, and since you ship via ground (and offer no other options) anywhere in the country (USA) besides southern California, its 2-6 days transit time. Which means you will MISS YOUR EXPRESS SHIPPING COMMITMENT YOU MADE WITH ALL PACKAGES NOT BEING DELIVERED UNTIL EARLIEST of 12/27 for west coast USA, and likely 12/31 for east coast USA.

Please make the necessary arrangements NOW while you know you are going to fail on your commitments and figure out how to slash your 5 day internal shipping delay and bump everyone to 2-day FedEx shipping which should cost you only $10.00 usd. Very small price on a $850 item and to ensure you deliver on your commitments.

I can promise you that failing to meet your express shipping commitments will result in a significant backlash from your customers, and in many cases, such as mine - I will dispute the $185 shipping charge since you didn’t make your commitment of delivery in time for Christmas. Please don’t blame covid, logistics or FedEx for you not preparing and planning.

please step up, acknowledge, and respond accordingly.

Comments

• I never read anything that said “guaranteed before Christmas”. I saw due to ship and option to air-freight before Christmas. But to me that doesn’t mean guaranteed. Especially when there are disclaimers posted all over the website and on product pages. This is from the GT DD Pro express page:

SPECIAL NOTES

• While every effort will be made to avoid delays, due to the ongoing global shipping crisis, the estimated availability date cannot be guaranteed. The additional cost of the Gran Turismo DD Pro Express version covers the special air freight from our manufacturing facility in China to our regional warehouses. Standard shipping charges at the checkout still apply.

Just saying…..

• Here are three quotes from their blog and announcement. Pretty clearly states delivery before Christmas.

Blog - “And of course we have launched the Gran Turismo DD Pro and its various bundles, due to ship in March 2022, plus an Express version sent by air freight to arrive before Christmas.”

Blog - ”In fact, we are offering the option to air-freight the very first units before Christmas!”

site - “The very first Gran Turismo DD Pro units, sent via special air freight for delivery before Christmas***

the last is found on their announcement website. https://gtddpro.fanatec.com/

the disclaimer is ***While every effort will be made to avoid delays, due to the ongoing global shipping crisis, the estimated availability date cannot be guaranteed. Understandable if the delay is prior to shipping and receipt by Dec 17th, this has nothing to do with what I referenced in original post which kicks in on dec 17th and is in 100% control of Fanatec since they will be in possession of the DD Pros stateside.

• You repeated what I said. “Due to ship”, “option to airfreight“, still nothing “GUARANTEED”. The disclaimer is always relevant. Otherwise they wouldn’t have it. Honestly, I’m surprised they even tried this. Especially with the fiasco that was the CSL DD wave release. I just foresee orders arriving between Christmas and New Year, and people being in an uproar.

• please reread original thread. You are the one who brought in the word “Guaranteed” not me, I said nothing about guaranteed. I said they made a commitment, which I posted 3x EXACTLY where they made the commitment. Now in order to meet their commitment they need to realize their math is all wrong with dates and shipping - but there is still time to correct if they choose to take action.

no need to reply Joshua. It’s OK for you to be wrong, happens to people all the time. lets move on and see if Fanatec responds.

• I guess we have different opinions on commitment. I’m glad you feel the need to make back handed compliments. Very mature of you.

• 17 of dec is still 2 weeks from now. I am sure the express option will be removed soon.

• yeah happens to people all the time to be wrong, like you are at this very moment. It's really simple to understand. Fanatec will try their best to get it to customers before christmas, but they are many things which they cannot control, which is why they don't guarantee it.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited December 2021

Correct me if I am wrong... but I do not think he is talking about 'guaranteeing' anything.

We know the express shipping is for the additional cost to ship the item quickly between China (manufacture) and the regional hubs. The 'standard shipping' that we normally pay, is for between the hubs and our home locations.

I think he wants Fanatec to do something about the 2nd leg of the shipping process which has caused the many delays that we as consumers have experienced. UPS in Europe took 10 days to deliver my parcel from status "processed" to my door. The OP fr across the pond, experienced 14 days from "status processed" to receiving his item. I have read about Fedex and how slow they are in US.

So maybe the OP just wants Fanatec to possibly change to another more competitive shipping company in North America. But costs to re-arrange may take awhile and may be more expensive to the consumer too but he just wants to remind Fanatec so they will do something.

I think if I am told I will receive my item in 5 days then it should not take more than 5 days. But I want to know. Managing expectations.

Maybe Fanatec should put on their website that currently it takes up to 2-3 weeks from your order being processed to being delivered at your locations... clearly.

Under Promise and Over Deliver is better isn't it?

• The way the OP uses the word “commitment”, makes it seem like what they said is ironclad. I never said that the OP said “guaranteed”. I said that I never saw anything guaranteed about arrival time, which is my point. OP said if it arrives late then they would dispute the $185 for express shipping. If it isn’t guaranteed, then you have nothing to dispute, it is still just and estimated time frame. The word commitment is nice, but in the end means absolutely nothing, other than they will try their best.

• Kring JanglesKring Jangles Member
    edited December 2021

Right David! You got it.

I fully understand and can appreciate if Fanatec’s first leg is subject to delay by production and import issues. That is mostly out of their control. It’s the 2nd leg that their current plans are totally inadequate yet are 100% within fanatec’s control.

Fanatec stated right in the beginning of their own disclaimer “While every effort will be made to avoid delays” I am asking them to make that minor effort, which is a very reasonable ask on the customers part, and very doable and low-cost on their part. And will save them grief, loss of customer trust and possibly loss of money in charge disputes.

specifically I am asking that effort” to be two things, slash fanatec’s internal processing delays from 5-days to same day, and bump up shipping speed and/or carrier choice to make it by 12/23. Leaving a 1-day buffer for carrier delay or signature missed deliveries.

If they choose to do nothing and stay the current course it’s highly likely no one is getting a DD Pro by Christmas.

this is basic logistics requiring only minor effort to accomplish on their part. I am asking now to help fanatec, not as a whinny customer… I have positive intent here.

• PenpenrafalePenpenrafale Member
    edited December 2021

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am currently based in Japan and ordered my DD Pro express within a couple of minutes of the package going live. I just received an email (2021/12/2 at 22.00 JST) stating that my order has changed to "warehouse processing". When checking my account order page, the order still indicates as "the order has been processed". I am not sure if this is a lag situation or if the warehouse processing is being done at the manufacturing site and is not being reflected in the account due to that. As such, I am unsure if my package is currently still in China or already here in Japan. A tracking number is apparently going to be sent to me "shortly" in another email but I will believe it when I see it given my experience with other shipping from overseas to Japan as of late.

I cannot speak for other locations around the globe but given that it has gone to warehousing today, accounting for the additional 7 days to get tracking plus, in OP's case, 9 days to receive, it would appear that the packages may indeed arrive on time, not accounting for possible delays on last leg. In my case, that puts my package arriving at around the 19th, although my last leg may be much faster given the small area of Japan.

Again, I am not sure if the lead time before a tracking number will be consistent or if tracking will be from China or the local warehouse so take this all with a grain of salt.

That said, my previous experiences with Fanatec US from a couple of years ago was a positive one for ordering. Likewise, my experience with Fanatec Japan last year during the pandemic for a repair issue was phenomenal and better than I have experienced from most electronics companies given the complexity of my situation. As such, I have a bit more faith in them than most people here seem to have.

• do let us know when you receive your item.

date "processed" 2 dec... so anywhere between 9 dec and 16 dec... assuming you pay the import tax on time.

• Fanatec tweets from today so it looks good so far. I know some of the "not guaranteed" statements have had people on edge due to the premium for this package but I see it as all good atm.

• Good news. My UPS tracking code says my CSL DD PRO will be delivered on December 10th... It's my first simulator wheel and it's going to arrive before my GT OMEGA cockpit ...😅

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Christian,

The purpose of the 'Express Version' is to ship the units by air from our production facilities in China to our regional warehouses, as opposed to using the standard sea freight. Even in 'normal' conditions, sea freight is a relatively slow process, but using this method is the only way that we can offer our products at competitive prices throughout the year. In the current situation, where cargo ships are backed up for weeks outside of ports, it is even slower. We have been anticipating this, and worked hard to begin mass production of the Gran Turismo DD Pro in good time to ensure that the first batches can be sent by sea and still arrive in time for the launch of Gran Turismo 7 in March 2022.

At the same time, we knew that many customers would appreciate getting their hands on a Gran Turismo DD Pro by Christmas, so we offered to send a limited number of units by air at an extra cost. This avoids the majority of the delays in the ongoing shipping crisis, and all Express orders placed so far will ship next week. If you order the Express Version right now, we can still ensure that you will receive the unit by Christmas (all regions).

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Thank you for the response and clarity! It’s excellent news they are shipping well before 17th in all regions.

• Some people are lucky, i ordered my Gran Turismo DD Pro Express on the 26 of November and still didn't get process yet.

• bonnes nouvelles..... j espere bien pour toi.... moi aussi j mais fais plaisir,UPS indique que j serais livrais le 07/12.....bonne chance a tous ..... e que on se croise on GT sport ......;

• It seems that Fanatec had already made the “minor effort” as you put it, well before you decided to make assumptions, and prematurely accuse them of not being able to meet their “commitments”. So, what was clarified? Dominic told you the same thing that was on the Black Friday and product page. They’re using air freight because ships are backed up. Nothing was said about processing times or internal shipping delays. You made a post with a the title stating they won’t deliver on time, as if you had concrete proof. That’s a pretty bold statement, to make off of assumptions which is exactly what you did with your “examples”. You just didn’t want to believe what was advertised, plain and simple. That is what you should have made the title.

• A quick followup, package arrived today in Japan on 2021-12-4 JST in Japan via JP Post. Luckily I was home since no tracking email was received as it was from the regular post. This also mirrors my experience when I had my wheel base returned to me via Fanatec Japan after repair where I happened to be home when my repaired unit appeared. In addition, I didn't have to pay VAT or customs charges. I'm assuming that is because the warehouse is likely based in Japan so additional fees weren't necessary.

Again, there has been a lot of negative statements thrown Fanatec's way, some of it deserved due to lack of transparency regarding shipping delays as well as possible misjudgement of demand, and of course the component shortage in general. But I have to say that they have managed to meet and exceed my expectations at least when it comes to delivery of this product. I just hope everything hooks up nicely and I won't have to worry about any faults in connecting it to my PS4.

Thanks to everyone over at Fanatec for making this a very painless (albeit slightly pricey) process. In the end, the express cost is more than made up for by the hours of entertainment that I'll get this holiday season! And can't wait to see the rest of you who are GTS players online when I finally have some downtime this holiday.

• The blog post was perfect to set expectations and clarify delivery times. It’s great to hear that they shipped way ahead of Dec 17th that was set in the initial announcement. Having the 2 extra weeks ensures they arrive by the holidays! Glad to hear some lucky few are getting it now, enjoy!

• My CSL DD PRO arrived yesterday 9th of december. ¡Bravo!

And indeed, it has arrived before my cockpit. And I have no place to install it ...

What a chore ...

• I was able to track the shipping status from the "Orders" option in my Fanatec profile. The tracking number of the shipment appears there. All you have to do is go to the UPS page and follow up from there.

• I am also a little bit annoyed by this. I ordered the Express version on December 3rd. Since last week my order is in the "processed" status. I have no tracking number in my order page which probably means my CSL DD Pro is still in the warehouse in California. I live in Canada so according to my calculations, there is no way I will receive my order before Christmas. It really sucks too because I would not have paid for the express bundle if I had known.

• I sent an email through their contact form on their website n 12-20-2021 at 9:00 am, est. Then opened a chat with 1 person in the queue this morning, 2 minutes later received no one is available to chat try later. They do not have a good customer experience with the order processing for the United States and elsewhere.

I placed this order on the 13, of December 2021 for a Gran Turismo DD Pro for reason that you had these in stock, available, and was willing to pay the extra money to bypass the shipping ports and to have it shipped it air cargo. The status on 14 of December, an email showed it was being packed ready for shipment in the warehouse and the tracking number would be available once the carrier picked up the shipment. The order now shows that it has been processed. It has now been 7 days since it was processed in the warehouse. The intent of this order was for a Christmas gift on Christmas, not after. Where is the communication from this company? You have processed and deposited my credit card money. I have no product, no communication. I asked them to please update me regarding the Air shipment, US warehouse, and Fed-Ex Ground Tracking number today.

Just a little frustrated with this company. Just venting.

This was the blog I read on their site.

Blog announcement on the Fanatec.com website. GT DD Pro is in stock and ready for immediate shipment

Thomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator December 4

Mass production of the Gran Turismo DD Pro is underway, and we’re doing everything we can to ensure that the first batches arrive in time for Gran Turismo 7 in March 2022, despite the extended shipping times currently affecting global sea freight. 

At the same time, we knew that many customers would like to receive a GT DD Pro before Christmas, so we are offering a limited number of ‘Express Versions’ that have been sent from our production facilities in China to our regional warehouses using air freight. This is an expensive shipping option but is the only way to bypass the delays at the ports. The first units have already arrived in EU, AU, and JP regions (you’ll see the product page now says ‘Available’ and ‘Ready to ship’ - some customers even received theirs today) and will be ready to ship from the US warehouse on Monday. All Gran Turismo DD Pro Express orders placed so far will ship by next week.

If you order the Express Version right now, we are confident that you will receive the unit by Christmas (all regions). We will make adjustments to the information on the product page when this is no longer possible.