Shipping to UK

Good afternoon,

I've got a question regarding shipping of my GT DD Pro, when will I be expected to pay the VAT on my order and where would I be paying that?

More information the better.

Thanks for reading,

Alan

Comments

• when the item is shipped, the shipping company will contact you either by phone or email and you will know the cost.

there will be a fixed handling charge plus duty. they will only deliver after that is paid.

you can see all the details in you shipping tracker once you have that.

• Thanks David,

Also do you have a link on how to do the firmware properly with CSL DD?

I see many posts but not like a guide?

• there is the manual. just what is logical and what eveyone has done.

choose the right usb, nothing running in the background, reboot after new driver installed and don't do anything to pc whilst firmware being updated.

if all is working, no need to update.

• By nothing running what do you mean?

Like Steam etc?

And the right USB being like 3.0 or something?

• There is no duty due on Fanatec products. There is VAT at 20% of the full shipped cost and a handling charge. How many times does this need to be posted?

• So its the 20% and Handling charge?

• No offence intended. I literally typed, 20% VAT plus handing, how many times must this be posted - then you asked is it 20% plus a handling charge? I thought that was you clowning around - hence the clown face. Apparently you really were seeking clarification though! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• isnt duty the same as vat? to'"mah"to or to"may"to 🤭

still some charge that the government takes...

• I've just asked for a cancellation and refund because I believe the costs on Fanatec's site are misleading.

The wheel is listed as €199.95 on the Fanatec site. When I bought it, I was charged €168.03 + €27.01 for shipping = €195.04

I then got the UPS email saying I need to pay €52.37 for import costs.

This means the total cost of the wheel plus shipping is €247.41.

I get that the Fanatec web page is showing cost including German tax which is 19%.

I would have expected to pay €33.60 in UK taxes at 20% which meant the wheel itself should have cost €201.64. So that means I am having to pay €45.77 for shipping which is ridiculous.

• edited December 2021

Not misleading .

It is mentioning 199.95 incl VAT (german tax which in your case gets deducted) + shipping costs.

You can thank your fellow countrymen that voted for Brexit. You get charged an extra 1% of VAT and extra 10£ for handling import documentations.

Also I might be mistaken but you get charged the 20% VAT in the UK of the total invoice which is including the shipping.

Run down the calculations again to see that the figures are almost matching depending the exchange rates.

195.04 (as you said was your invoice) +20% VAT = 234.048 Euro + 10£ handling charges (around 11.74 euro) = 245.788 Euro.

So actually you are not paying expensive shipping but the choices others (or even you) made / voted for your country. 😇

• 20% vat on the whole order including shipping, so around 40 euro, plus ups's £11 fee, All checks out, gotta remember that now we're out of the EU import charges etc are our responsibility,

Plus unless you used a card that doesn't charge you a currency conversion charge "most do" then enjoy losing a fair chunk of money for both the purchase and refund

• Banks will charge you for the refund so you 'may' not get the full original amount back.

You need to read everything. Get items into the the cart, click shipping to get the actual costs before you make your decision to buy. Email inland revenue to check how much import charges are.

Easier still, stick with a UK based company. Customer expectations here in the UK is far from what is the norm in the world.

• When will I be expected to pay the VAT and the fee?

I'm waiting as the parcel is on the way and has been released from hold?

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited December 2021

Once you have the tracking info, you will be contacted to pay the VAT and fee.

• I've not the email but the last status update was

UPS initiated contact with receiver or importer for clearance information. Once received, UPS will submit for clearance.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited December 2021

You should have a link to pay the import charges. Then your tracking info will show...

Import C.O.D. (ICOD) charges have been paid or billed.

,,, then it is just waiting for it to be shipped from Germany to Stanford and then where ever you are ... 🙂

• I have no link to pay the import charges if I do where would this be??

I've been looking and I cannot see nothing.

I've had no email saying my order has been despatched or nothing from Fanatec.

• UPS... Like it has been stated a gazillion times since Brexit, charges are to be paid to UPS.

UPS will sent you a link for payment. Nothing to do with Fanatec

• When it lands in the UK I assume?

• It depends - sometimes couriers start the customs clearance process earlier in the transit journey. Other times it will be when it gets to the couriers UK hub. They will notify you when you need to pay - just sit back, relax and wait.

• Alright.

I'm excited to try CSL DD Pro, I'm hoping its a good experience considering a lot of posts with CSL DD here sadly.