GT DD Pro "Amazing"

I received my GT DD Pro yesterday. I didn't have time to play much and had only 30 minutes of quick testing. It was like wow in PC3 and AC.

Well, I revisited those games this morning and the way this wheel base replicates the forces of a steering rack is truly amazing coming from the CSW 2.5. I was able to use my 35 cm wheel and tweak the recommended settings to feel phenomenal. Tuning was fast coming from the CSW 2.5.

I saw the reviews of the CSL DD base and was wondering, if this would be a waste of money or a side step as some claimed coming from the CSW 2.5 (it's not). The CSW 2.5 is a good base, but lacks the smoothness and details of the GT DD Pro.

The money was well spent and I would definitely recommend it. It's amazing how close the steering racks feel compared to a real vehicle. Now, I have several other games to test!

Comments

• Hi Robert,

Thank you for your feedback!

I have a CSL Elite Wheel Base it's a great base.

I would love to upgrade to DD and was wondering if it's worth it.

From your review it seems so. :)

Are you using 5nm or 8nm?

• The additional detail is definitely worth it. But bear in mind a lot of fast racers out there are only using belt driven Logitech or Thrustmaster, so do not just go with a DD to 'go faster'. It is the overall experience.

5nm or 8nm?

I got the 5nm and am really happy with it but getting the 8nm power pack to try out.

It depends on what you prefer.

Some prefer a heavier FFB. Some light. On AC I really turn down the FFB as it was too heavy! (5nm) On ACC, the FFB is much lighter and so I have set it as high as possible without clipping but would like to try 8nm to see if I can catch a slid earlier. And I have only set it all on linear and NOT peak.

I do not want the additional feel of weight on the wheel when going straight but only on acceleration/deceleration or in a turn, if you get what I mean. But I think it has more to do with what I see on the monitor as well which then means it is just me who is not good enough! lol