CSL DD occasional kicks/jolts in ACC

Hi,

I'm using a CSL DD with boost kit, with a F1 esports wheel.

In ACC (PC), from time to time while turning the wheel in a medium or high ffb turn I will get a kick or jolt sensation in the steering wheel, like if the wheel was centering itself for a fraction of a second and coming back to where it was originally. I also can see the car moving (jerking) from side to side very briefly. This can happen maybe once or twice every hour max. It doesnt really affect my driving but can be very distracting.

I have seen a few other posts with the same issues in ACC but no fix, anyone else have any feedback on this?

Thank you!

Comments

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited January 2022

What driver/firmware are you using?

How long into the game when that happens? Note time if you can. Was it an online multiplayer game? Are you hardwired or wifi?

What else do you use with your setup?

• Driver 429

Wheelbase 1.0.5.3

Motor 1.0.1.3

I'm wired, and this happens both in single player and multi player, although I mainly play in multiplayer. I have not seen any pattern as to when this happens but will note the time the next time(s) I encounter this issue.

Pedals are HE Sprint, not using anything else really.

• I have the same issue. It doesn't matter which sim.

I'm steering, it doesn't matter how hard the FFB is pushing against my hands, there are random jolts happening.

I'm on the latest driver/firmware.

DD 8nm + McLaren Rim.

• Could that just be the road being uneven? If you go slower through that corner do you still feel it? Maybe you are on the edge of traction?

• At least, finally someone mentioning this problem. Also have this issue on rF2 and iR. Same pattern, random jolts about one or two times a hour, if I had to guess it's mainly on right hand corners and more likely just after starting the sim.

Surprisingly on AMS2 I've never seen this happen, at least the Jolts, BUT the virtual wheel sometime seems to reset for a very short moment (like resetting to neutral position and instantly going back to whatever wheel angle I currently have).

Had contact with Fanatec Support, they told me to ground my rig / wheel (as I'm using VR), but this didn't help at all.

A friend, also running with a CSL DD 8nm, reported to me he doesn't have any issues on iR. So probably not everyone has this issue or it might be dependant on something else.

• I have the same problems like you in assetto corsa comp. I have my rig grounded and the last firmware/drivers installed. I have random Jolts too, but, after changing from frontal usb3 to rear and direct to mother board usb 3.1usb im not observed any more Jolt....still testing.

But the problem with virtual steering wheel are a real pain....seems a kind of disconnection in game, but windows dont tell my nothing about that.

Im not sure if is a real problem with the wheel or not. Pls, test this with 100/300/400 hz in game settings, or peak options in drivers an tell me. Im still testing all posible options. But with my old t300, i never have this problems...

Csl dd its not cheap ....for suffer this problems, 3 months from new. FANATEC NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE THIS ASAP.

• I had the same issue. I checked everything and in the end i tried to change the USB-C cable to a higher quality shilded USB 3.0 one from Anker and now the jolts are gone. I think the cable Fanatec provided is extremly low on quality.

When you are using an unpowered USB hub you also should change the hub to a high quality powered USB 3.0 hub. It seams like the CSL DD is extremly picky on the USB side.

• Literally everyone with CSL DD I know (including me) has this very issue.

• It happens only a few times an hour? I feel it several times a lap. Not sure if I am talking about the same issue, what I experience is an odd short ffb kick in the middle of a corner. It doesn't affect the steering but it's noticeable and drives me nuts :). I upgraded from t300 rs two days ago and noticed this effect stright away. I get it in both ACC and AC, didn't have time to try other titles yet.

• Some tests here. Pls, test it with the screw in place and tell me what do you thing...

Im still testing...

• Turned out these odd FFB kicks were in fact clicks coming from the plastic QR1 Lite. Can't believe such a simple thing can spoil the entire experience :). After wrapping the base shaft with a plumbers tape all noise from QR1 Lite is gone. Finally I can enjoy my CLS DD.

• I also have the same problem in iracing. has anyone found a solution?

• Hi, could you please point me to exact cable that you bought. Thank you!

• It not noise or sound problem. I feel the jolts in my hands with no strange sound coming from the motor.

• Jacek MeggerJacek Megger Member
    edited February 2022

Hello, same issue there. Csl dd 8Nm on the latest firmware, I've got this setup since November and the issue is there from new. Already update everything few times, disconnected all other usb devices, grounded the rig. Nothing helped. I can see on the replay the steering position jumps from 90deg to 0 for about half a second when this is happening, its not often fault so hard to trace. Just ordered new USB 3.1 lead as sombady mentioned and I will check this for few weeks then let you know. How Fanatec can stay quiet? No any help.

• I have this same problem, random small kicks/jolts of FFB when cornering happening randomly in all tracks in various situations.

To be clear, this is a different problem than this discussed here:

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/24312/csl-dd-force-drop-out-mid-corner-peak-load#latest

The problem in the linked discussion happens only in long corners with high sustained FFB, where the FFB seems to go over a cliff and be weak for a second after which getting back to full strength smoothly.

• was there ever a fix to this issue? started to have the exact same issue you described with kicks/jolts mid corner, and obviously its impacting my ability to compete. it wasn't happening when i first bought the dd pro but started over the past couple of weeks.