Wheel options?

edited March 2022 in Gran Turismo

I currently own the Podium Racing Wheel F1 and this is a nice option for GT7. Except the thumbs rotary encoders and the multi position switches do not work with GT7. Which is a bit disappointing.

Also it is a formula style wheel and in most cars a round wheel would be my preferred option on the game.

Will the Gran Turismo DD Pro wheel rim work on a DD1?

If so, will the special Gran Turismo buttons (TC/ABS/BB/Fuel Mix) work?

If yes, can I order just the wheel rim?

Or do I have to order the whole Gran Turismo DD Pro which would be a waste of the wheelbase.

Thanks!

Comments

• Wesley HaasWesley Haas Member
    edited March 2022

Hello Martijn,

I bought a CSL DD Pro wheel today and attached it to my Podium DD1, hoping it would work as a DD Pro in Gran Turismo 7. Unfortunately it doesn’t. The blue/red etc. buttons don’t work (for TC/BB). As far as I can tell the problem is the game sees the Podium DD1 as a CSL Elite, because when I change button assignments there, they change on the wheel. It would be nice if fanatec would make it detect as the DD Pro wheel, maybe with some extra / other firmware. In my opinion, as this is their top line product, it should show up in GT7 as (,well preferably as it’s own Podium DD1) the top line in this game, which is the CSL DD Pro.

Hopefully they will add this in the future, but i’m not sure how their agreements with GT7 are and if this is allowed.

• I don’t know if this will help but my buttons work only if I have the appropriate controllers installed on the car I am driving. i.e brake balance controller etc

• I just received a mail from fanatec, they say the buttons should work with DD1 wheelbase.

Could you do me a favor Andrew? When you go into the menu and change the button mappings for DD pro, do they change in game for you? I think somehow the game sees my wheel as a CSL Elite, because when I change button mappings there, they change in game for me, when i edit the DD pro nothing happens.

Thanks in advance

• I dont think that those buttons are mappable in GT7. For instance in GT Sport those buttons only controlled the specific option that was colored the same. So Brake bias was red button/joystick, TC was blue, I think yellow was changing power balance between front and rear, but in the GT Sport controller page they were not separately mappable. Same thing is happening to me in GT 7. They work but I cannot map them. I believe the reason we cannot actively change the other settings is because we dont have the proper part installed on the car.

I will say I know GT 7 has the CSL DD pro as a selection but I can double check when I get off work.

• All this I know. That is why I was asking if I could grab the wheel rim from the Gran Turismo DD Pro and use the red/green/blue/yellow (abs/fuel mix/tc/bb) dials wheel and connect it to my Podium DD wheel base.

Does GT know which wheel is attach based on the wheel base or the wheel rim?

• Oh yes, I know the red / blue etc buttons aren’t mappable, I meant any button in general. For instance instead of look back on L3, set it to R3. When I change these in the DD Pro menu, nothing happens for me in game. When I change the CSL Elite settings, the controls do change for me, that’s why I’m thinking GT7 sees the Podium DD1 as a CSL Elite, and was wondering if this was the same for you.

Martijn, for me the blue/red etc button’s of the DD Pro rim do not work in GT7 on the Podium base, however (i also wrote an email to fanatec) fanatec says it should work

• I have also a DD1 and bought the DD wheel. However, I directly sold it again. I cannot recommend it.

1. The quality in general is not comparable to other Fanatec wheel.

2 The buttons (tc, fuel…) are not really helpful. You can directly switch to the setting (eg tc) when you use the radar during play. But the setting stays…meaning, it will not go automatically back to the radar. U have to use the funky switch.

• Agreed that it’s less quality than most fanatec wheels. But it’s the only wheel that has the option to quickly switch tc/bb etc. As other fanatec wheel’s buttons can’t be mapped to tc/bb switch. It’s very helpfull to quickly switch tc or bb before / after a corner. With the funky switch it’s terrible. Anyway, fanatec says it should work with DD1, it doesn’t for me, so looking for a fix