QR2, when?

2»

Comments

• William OtisWilliam Otis Member
    edited July 2022

That's what it's looking like.

• No he's saying the CSL DD does have an upgradable QR.

• I don't think the shaft of the QR2 is going to be pricy. At worst I assume it would cost 100. It's essentially the same process as the current shaft, just different milling instructions and more material. The place where the cheapskate in me will say ouch is the wheel side part of the QR2. I only have the Krontec QR to go off of, and it costs a lot more than what I am willing to spend for a sim racing QR. The part about the QR2 being able to work in a car, is what has me thinking the worst.

• Yup, like I said at the beginning, the idea of having the same wheel in the car and on a sim rig benefits marketing and hurts the consumer. Sim racers who buy stuff developed for real life use are overpaying by subsidising the development and testing required to ensure safety in critical environments.

I hope you are right about the shaft cost but I fear otherwise. Fanatec sell the boost kit power supply for half as much again, the paddle modules cost even more. 100 gets you a kill switch in Fanatec land.

• William OtisWilliam Otis Member
    edited July 2022

Darn it. You had to remind me of Fanatec's fine pricing. I can only cross my fingers at this moment (while my wallet clenches its sphincter). 90% of my want for the new QR is disappearing because I am strongly considering getting another QR1 and getting out of this waiting line. The Metal QR1s are decent if you treat them like chicken eggs. Don't mishandle it, and it seems to be just fine. Knocking on wood, hopefully it holds up.

My WRC rim can use a metal QR1, and its price, while $25 north of what I think it should be; is a known quantity. I might as well get it and be done with it. It's not like there's other options for a QR solution, other than Fanatec... Well, not a solution that isn't beyond my mechanical fabrication skills, that is.