clubsport wheel rs Gran Turismo 7

Hi all , I'm thinking of coming over to Fanatec from Thrustmater but I'm quite frankly sick of seeing the Gran Turismo DD pro bundle sitting at sold out. I figured I might just get a different wheel but just have a noob question if anyone could help. On the clubsport wheel rs does anyone know if the rev LED works with Gran Turismo 7 and does the small display show gears or speed? Thank you in advance for any information

Comments

• Yes, the LEDs are working and yes, the Display shows the Speed and when you shift also the gear.

• That's great news , thank you very much Maurice for you response

• I hate to be a wet blanket, but... are you *sure* you want to do that? Coming over to Fanatec, I mean.

In all honesty, there's probably never been a *worse* time than right now to buy into the Fanatec ecosystem. Their newest budget wheelbases (GT DD Pro and CSL DD) have numerous known issues, their CSL Pedals are known for often malfunctioning and needing repair once the loadcell upgrade is applied, and worst of all, Fanatec Customer Service is essentially non-existent. Their current response time is roughly 2-3 weeks, they've disabled their hotline to prioritize email requests, and then their email servers have overflowed as a result.

Honestly, have a look through the first few pages of this forum and see the issues that others are reporting having. Ask yourself, if something goes wrong and I need assistance, am I ok with the possibility of having to wait several weeks (or potentially much longer if I need to RMA the equipment) to have functional gear?

Consider that Fanatec sell their equipment with a 14-day return policy. If you discover that you have an issue upon setting everything up, chances are slim that you'll receive a response from them before that return window has closed.

My (admittedly unsolicited) advice would be to stick with what you've got for the time being. Being that you're on console, I'd say bide your time and see what Thrustmaster have to offer later this year when they will reportedly be releasing their own DD wheelbase. Maybe by that time, Fanatec will have sorted out some of their internal issues and will be able to at least offer a minimally acceptable level of customer care, and you can re-evaluate your options then.

• Hi!

there is very little sure or known about the Thrustmaster DD, and maybe the only info I remember is that it will be released on PC only...maybe later ... well, it's been quite a while that thery're teasing the audience with almost nothing....so later is basically yesterday 😂

Being the request about GT7 I'm assuming is, at least, on console, if not only on that.

So I'll not holding my breath for a new DD from Thrustmaster aimed on console...not this year...but to be honest it will be strange for them not to release such a product and compete in the battlefield, having such a nice console's range of product as of today.

I'm with Gregg on the (admittedly unsolicited) advice, I'll wait....give Fanatec time to keep up with the situation and things returning to an acceptable level of 'tolerance'.

Things happens, but it's how they're managed that makes the difference between reasonable tolerance and frustration.

Ciao!

• Thank you Gregg , certainly given me food for thought.

• Thank you Alberto , looks like i have some more thinking to do!

• Cheers mate. Just trying to make sure that, should they choose to do so, people who buy from Fanatec in their current state are doing so with their eyes wide open to the potential pitfalls and what they can expect.

• I must agree also.

I have the GT wheel. I have been in contact with (email) support for a long time regarding -

1st - the creaking noise, they eventually sent a new wheel connector (free), that worked for a while but the creaking is back.

2nd - Shortly after replacing the creaking wheel connector my L2 switch broke off 😒. I used it for Nitro. Let me point out that I am a 57 year old adult who (pays for and) takes care of his stuff, I am not some entitled teenager whose mommy pays for everything and ... well you get the picture... They offered an RMA, this means I have to send my wheel back to them for an undetermined amount of time (and have NOTHING in the mean time). I asked to wait to do that until my R2 switch broke off (my new nitro switch). It just did 😔

In the days of GT6 I had a Logitec wheel for years and never had anything break, it didn't cost $800+ I am not super happy right now.