Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 having issues with H-Pattern Mode

Hello all. I discovered this problem earlier today, and absolutely did not have this issue yesterday. It seems for my shifter, when I am in H-Pattern mode, some of my shifts are presenting signal issues. More specifically, when I am in 1st gear, this is always seen as being in Reverse gear, and in 2nd gear, it blips between that and third gear in an infrequent rate. Originally I thought it was an issue with Gran Turismo 7 which got updated earlier this morning, but I hooked it back up to my PC and tested it in Assetto Corsa where I can see the inputs more clearly, and it's obviously not a game issue, but an issue with the device.

Would anyone know how to troubleshoot this? I am guessing something on the inside is messing up considering it's only affecting the Reverse, 1st, and 2nd gear slots, so perhaps something with the sensor methods on the left side inside the device. I purchased the device in March of 2021 so I've had it for slightly more than a year, so I think any warranty on it is out of the picture at present.

Comments

• Which base?

• If you're asking the wheel base, it's not used with a Fanatec one. I use it standalone with a Logitech G923, so it takes a unique USB slot on PC and is used through Drivehub on PS5. Originally I thought it was the Drivehub or GT7 causing the issue, but it's happening on PC now, so it's the Shifter device itself, most likely.

• Some ideas here from people who've had problematic shifters. Not sure if yours is the same issue, but worth looking into:

• Thanks for that information. While I presently lack the tools to do what was shared in the first video in that thread, I can say that what's mentioned the in the second video is different for me: there is no electric tape on my device to prevent any form of shorting. Not sure if this is a revision to the device or I'm misunderstanding something.

Figured two pictures might have those with more keen eyes help me. I see no corrosion to my eye, but I also don't know what I'm looking for as the source of the problem. I have unplugged the sequential cable, which still works and I have no issues in that mode. It's just the three gears I mentioned, so I'm not sure what board here would be the culprit of that.

• The tape is not a revision - it was a self user fix.

IE: Put the electrical tape on your own shifter as shown in the video