GT DD Pro Wheel 8 NM

As of today June 2, I see that the Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel is currently available on the Fanatec website. A month ago I would've jumped on it, but after reading the customer support problems here, Reddit and over at the Race Department forum. I no longer want to take a chance on it especially since there is competition from other DD manufacturers that offer 9 NM wheel bases at reasonable prices. I'm leaning towards the SimiCube 2 Pro. I figure if I lose interest in sim racing, I could resell the Pro with no problem.

https://fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/wheel-bases/gran-turismo-dd-pro-wheel-base-8-nm

Comments

• Gregg DomainGregg Domain Member
    edited June 2022

I would think you should be able to resell any DD base without much problem, regardless of brand. There will always be people with a certain degree of perhaps blind brand loyalty or who will downplay or aren't concerned, or simply aren't aware of reports of unreliability or poor customer service.

The question is, which wheelbase (and the company behind it) do you have the most confidence in to deliver you a good total experience at a given price point?

Sounds like you've given things a lot of thought, and I suspect you'll choose wisely. Best of luck to you!

• Thanks Greg. I've been reading and reading and reading about wheels, pedals, rigs, seats, monitors etc... over the last 2 months and I think it's time to crap or get off the pot. I'll probably pull the trigger over the next few days on a wheel base, wheel, pedals and rig. Once I get things delivered and installed, I'll break in everything and then decide if I want to go the SFX-100 platform route or stick with the non motion. But I also would like to do some sim flying as well. That's another black hole investment 😄 I'll eventually need to invest in a newer desktop to handle the sim flying games. My 2 laptops can run the racing games okay right now, but a new dedicated desktop would run make life easier in the long run. Btw best of luck to you as well.