Shift paddle noice and abnormal feeling - Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3

Received my Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3 (P_SW_BMW_GT3_H) on Jun 21, 2023, 🤤🤤🤤, and have been enjoying it since then.

Out of the box, the paddle shifters offer DECENT feeling and sound, bold and clear. Of course, both left-hand and right-hand paddle shifters have identical physical feedback feelings and sounds. However, starting yesterday, the right-hand shifter suddenly requires heavier yet non-linear force to press with a completely different feeling and sound (metal scratching ish). I tried to check with a flashlight (w/o disassembling the wheel), but couldn't see much difference between the 2 paddle shifters (the left-hand side one still works and sounds as the first day it came).

Wondering if I missed anything, e.g., maintenance instruction that requires lube after a certain while? A support ticket is created and I'm waiting for a response from the team now. In the meantime, if anyone has tips or suggestions regarding this issue, it's greatly appreciated.

I solely played Gran Turismo 7 w/ roughly 10+ hrs a week and my setup is

Console: Playstation 5

Base: Podium Racing Wheel F1®

Wheel: Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3 (P_SW_BMW_GT3_H)

Padel: ClubSport Pedals V3

Firmware: Fanatec Driver 439

Comments

• Any update on this? i have had mine a week at the left shifter stalk is now loose and wobbly.

• I bought my first M4 wheel in March 2023 and had to send it back in for service July 2023. Both shifters were super loose and wobbly. Good news, Fanatec was very quick with the repair and I had it back within a week fixed as good as new. Bad news, the left shifter paddle is now doing it again and the right side is slowly increasing in free play less than a month after being repaired. In the weeks time of not having the wheel, I decided to buy a second one to have as backup. But I’m now fearful that I will be stuck in a constant state of return with both of them.

just submitted my second service request today and will be putting on the backup M4 wheel to see if the shift paddles on that one do the same thing

🤞🤞