Fanatec DD1 base won't detect new Club Sport podium wheel

I recently purchased a F1 podium wheel and base, which came assembled. I also purchased pedals and a Club Sport podium wheel (that I had to assemble).

When I first tried out the assembled F1 wheel, everything was fine. I assembled the Club Sport wheel and attached it to the base. The base powered on, but the wheel didn’t. So I put on the original F1 wheel (that had previously worked fine) and it again worked fine.

Is there something that I need to do to get the Club Sport podium wheel (which I assembled) to power up (or be “detected” by the base)? I know that with the F1 podium wheel that came with the base it calibrated or did something to the wheel when I updated the firmware. And it asked if I wanted to do another wheel. Because I hadn’t assembled the Club Sport yet, I said no. Could that be the problem?

The pins in the Club Sport are fine. The wire behind the wheel is plugged in. I’m sure I’m attaching the wheel properly because the F1 wheel attaches fine.

Any ideas on why the DD1 base won’t detect the Club Sport wheel but will detect the F1 wheel?

Comments