CSL Load Cell Mods

Paul MaherPaul Maher Member
edited September 2022 in Pedals

Hi - What mods are people using for CSL Load Cell Brake Pedal? I've seen the 3DRap elastomers, which seem a tad expensive but are they worth the money?

Comments

• Hey Paul. As others will tell you, desired brake feel is very subjective. I think it all comes down to how much brake travel you're looking for.

I tried 3DRap = 2 x Linear on my CSL load cell. Gives much more travel than stock elastomer. I mainly went this direction for trail-braking, it's OK I'd say.

But if I had to do it again, I would try 1 x Linear + 1 x Progressive. I think it give more versatility in trying different combinations with stock elastomer in my opinion.

I agree, 3DRap is very expensive for what it is (shipping cost doesn't help). I tried various local hardware solutions, but in the end wasted time and spent money that could have gone towards 3DRap :-)

Having said all of that, be sure to give time with stock CSL load cell before spending. To be honest, I may go back to stock setup after months of trials.

• These work fine for me: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185621923716 - I have a blue and red on instead of the elastomers and I like the feel

• Thanks for sharing Paul. These were not available before my purchase of 3DRap. Glad to see them out in the market to offer options and to drive costs down for others, hopefully :-)