ClubSport V3 disconnect and reconnect, but re-detect as CSL?

My ClubSport V3 pedals are acting up. Again. That'll be 2,5 months since an RMA for brake loadcell.

I started losing input from them completely a few days ago for -teen seconds at a time. I figured it was the game's fault since it would only happen in Assetto Corsa. Oh well.

Yesterday it happened again, but In Automobilista 2 so it's not a game issue. When it happened, I alt tabbed out of the game to check what's up in Fanalab. Everything was fine. I also checked Fanatec Control Panel and what do you know, at one moment the entire app blinked and it showed my pedals as CSLs.

Coincidentally I'm currently waiting for new PC parts so first I'm going to check if my pedals are going to act up on the new one; perhaps the issue is somewhere deeper in my PC that I can't see, but has anyone had this happen recently? I feel like it started happening after I got the Porsche GT3 wheel set and updated the firmware and the driver.

Comments

• These wheelbases are very sensitive to problems with poor grounding, irregular power supply, or electromagnetic interference.

You can try grounding your cockpit.

Many have solved this by using a UPS unit which stabilizes the voltage and isolates the wheelbase from the home network.

Others by isolating wheelbases or pedals with simple insulating washers, powered usb hubs or internal usb cards.

Ferrite clips may also solve or mitigate the problem.

• Thank you for your suggestions, I'll definitely keep them in mind for future reference.

However!

What I said about my pedals being wrongly detected is false, apparently. CSLs simply show up as default for me if there are no pedals detected. Not sure if that's normal.

I normally use the pedals-to-base method connection with the RJ12 cable. Yesterday I tried to connect my pedals through USB directly to my PC. It works flawlessly.

It might be three things that are wrong then - my RJ12 cable itself or its connecting ports in the pedals or in the wheelbase.

Problem solved but not quite I guess.

• Please help!

I have the same issue on my new set,

after my first order on 15 December 23, my final package was delivered complete, installed, calibrated and updated in march “patiently waiting” 

From the beginning I sometimes had a disconnecting wheelbase on PS5 GT7, Dirt2.0 and EA WRC (thinking it was a software bug)

from last week I noticed that this was happening more and more. With trail and error I noticed it happened during hard breaking in specific high to low speed braking zones. Tested on the above mentioned sim games.

So I connected the pedals by usb to pc and it became clear that when I come above 45% brake pedal pressure (Fanatec calibration program) the pedal set disconnects and reconnects to the pc. I can’t see strange things physically on the brake pedal, no open cables, no physical damage on the rumble motor cable (rumble motor works) No pressure seen on cables on the V3 pedal set.

Could it just be a bad load cell?

set contains:

dd+ , V3i pedals with dampers and performance kit, shifter, handbrake and podium Mont Carlo rally wheel, playseat Trophy rig (and a csl McLaren wheel on its way)

greetings Raymond Richardson 

netherlands