ACC UPDATE 1.9 FFB

I tried the latest update of ACC 1.9 and the ffb has a strange behavior, driving on the straight now the steering wheel has a dead zone, it is very light and the car does not react when you turn the steering wheel a few degrees, even in the corners just the tires they lose grip the steering wheel becomes very light and has an unnatural sensation, I have a CSL DD with boost kit and I currently use the settings suggested by fanatec, is it possible that they are not ideal for the new update?

Comments

• Hey,

i have the same issue. I updated my drivers to 450 + went into ACC for the first time in a while because of the 1.9 update. But the FFB feels totally weird now. I actually have the same settings like i drove last time but the deadzone feeling is strange. The wheel feels so light in the center now... I guess its either some settings in acc or fanalab which have to be adjusted. (DD + Boostkit too)

• There's a lot of people on reddit who has the same problem of the deadzone ad the center of the wheel...someone says it's a bug of the game and it will be patched soon...

• Hi guys, please add to this post over at Kunos so we can get to the bottom of this ASAP:

ISSUE - Zero / extremely light FFB when driving straight ACC v1.9.0 | Kunos Simulazioni - Official Forum (assettocorsa.net)

• I just wrote a message there...right now i can't enjoy this game anymore...:(

• Rick ThomasRick Thomas Member
    edited April 2023

Hey just something to go read up on -- Negative Toe can result in vagueness at center of steering range. Not a bug. Read the release notes. Or, watch the videos Aris put out a couple of days before the release.

Aris.Drives: ACC version 1.9 - Tyre physics - Assetto Corsa Competizione --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttwRYPlpCl4

Aris.Drives : ACC version 1.9 - Suspension, electronics and more! -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oOdGmCRYGw&t=2122s

Also Mike at Driver604: ACC 2023 Physics Updates - 9 Changes in 5 Minutes -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWW2QoSYDGE

• I was using the stock aggressive setup...i will try with the safe preset and see if there are any differences

• I was told the same about toe and the impact it has on the feeling for steering and you get used to it after a while. But its still kinda weird that you loose any resitance in the center compared to 1.8x. Maybe its due to ffb settings, but should be looked after i my opinion. seems to be often felt more on low nm-force bases .

• I did more experiments today and it seems to be linked to camber...aggressive default setup has maximum negative camber -4, if you put -3.8 for example the deadzone at the center seems to decrease a lot...anyway i don't think it's intentional and i don't really like the ffb now and how the car re

• I found this video on youtube and the settings he's using are much better for the. 1.9 update, try it!

the only difference for me is that i had to increase the DPR to 100% in the fanatec drivers to feel more weight...but i will try lower it when i'll have a decent car setup for the new update..Thank you for sharing it!

CSL DD(8NM)

• SEN -> 1080
    • FFB -> 100%
    • FFS -> PEAK
    • NDP -> OFF
    • NFR -> OFF
    • NIN -> OFF
    • INT -> 1
    • FEI -> 100
    • FOR -> 100%
    • SPR -> 100%
    • DPR -> 100% (60% is the option he suggest in the video, but i prefer 100% at the moment)

ACC Ingame

• GAIN -> 65%
    • Min Force -> 0%
    • Damper -> 10%
    • Dynamic Damping -> 100%
    • Road Effects -> 0%
    • Frequency -> 400Hz
    • Steer Lock -> 1080°
    • Steer Linearity -> 1.00
    • Brake Gamma -> 1.00
    • Gearshift Debouncing -> 50ms

• Same. I've been playing Iracing waiting on a fix. I feel like I've also lost some FFB on iracing, but it isnt as noticeable driving the Formula 2000 car

• Ok guys, i think i have to modify my settings...today i tried for the first time since i have the game to activate the "road effects"...now the wheel is alive! I think for the CSL DD is a must now...it not only adds road surface detail, but i feel like better resistance to turn wheel while driving , or i think thats cause wheel vibrates more on road so that vibrations makes me think as its tyre graining on surface and it feel like slight resistance to turn wheel.. i could tell like road effects not only makes us feel track surface but also like steering shaft. I think also interpolation can be set to "0" if you like to feel more this effect

So these are my new settings for the 1.9 and csl dd:

CSL DD(8NM)

SEN -> 1080

FFB -> 100%

FFS -> PEAK

NDP -> OFF

NFR -> OFF

NIN -> OFF

INT -> 0 (try 1 if you feel too much the kerbs, depends by the track and car)

FEI -> 100

FOR -> 100%

SPR -> 100%

DPR -> 100% (60% is the option he suggest in the video, but i prefer 100% at the moment)

ACC Ingame

GAIN -> 65%

Min Force -> 0%

Damper -> 10%

Dynamic Damping -> 100%

Road Effects -> 10%

Frequency -> 400Hz

Steer Lock -> 1080°

Steer Linearity -> 1.00

Brake Gamma -> 1.00

Gearshift Debouncing -> 50ms

• The settings of Stefano are great with the csl dd 8nm. I use them in pc mode

• The settings of Stefano are great with the csl dd 8nm. I use them in pc mode

• like the setting of Stefano :-)

used to drive with the PS4 but the PC-version is uncomparable better, has a lot more sensitive feedback about the situation, the car is in - driving is much easier. Great feeling! Thanks to the devolpers!

Albert