URGENT HELP NEEDED! GT DD Pro wheel base - hardware damage pulled out the RJ12 socketsolder advice?

I really have enjoyed my GT DD Pro over the last one year.

I have had my share of broken hardware problems - all caused by me - all my fault.

Right now I need to do an URGENT repair. I have the manufacturers cup tomorrow and I am ranked #5 in Canada I think for Porsche. So I am really wanting to do the final race on Saturday.

RJ 12 socket is the telephone style cable from the load cell brake. The "PEDAL" RJ 12 has been yanked and it ended up tearing the RJ12 socket off of the PCB. Unfortunately Pins 2 and 4 have had the solder pads ripped off the board,.

My idea for repairing it will be to try and scrape the solder mask under magnification and find some metal and then find out if it runs to one of the via plated holes.

I harvested the RJ12 socket from one of the unused "SHIFTER" and I do now see some via holes for that.

Does anyone have a partial PCB layout of this area so I can find where to solder?>

OR can you mark up my image and tell me where I can solder the 6 points (hoping it is from vias)? I will run wire and solder 6 points or maybe a few are soldered together - I am guessing only 3 conductors are needed?

Hoping someone can help. My race is April 22, tomorrow. I gotta practice!

See my photo...

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!

Buddytronic on GT7.

Comments

• As a side note question - does anyone know if it is possible to connect the pedals with load cell brakes to the GT DD Pro Wheelbase using a different RJ12 or even USB? Remapping possible?

• Update.

I tried doing a repair - I don't call myself BuddyTronic for nothing.

I previously had repaired this RJ12 problem previously, but unfortunately I did not do a good job of strain relieving it.

Second time of having the RJ12 cable pulled, tore solder pad 2 and solder pad 4 from the RJ 12 socket. Nothing much to solder to so I had to scrape off solder mask to find where the solder traces lead to and take some guesses.

The repair did not work.

So I take responsibility for the damage I have done and I need to do the dang Nurburgring race today, so I guess I will go figure out some other way to race - maybe visit a friend or maybe buy a lower grade wheel and pedal set.

I'll see how much it will cost to get my wheel base repaired - I'll presumably have to ship the heavy wheel base to Europe somewhere for repairs?

I think it will need a new rear PCB. Not such a big deal I hope.

Wanna see my bad repair attempt?

Time to send it in for Fanatec repair service and refurbishment.

In the meantime, I might have to look at another wheel and pedal set. In particular I need something for today, and I'm thinking I won't be liking having to change to a non-load cell brake and a non-direct drive wheel. I'm thinking I might borrow a Logitech G923 for a bit

• The whole problem could have been solved perhaps if I could have found out whether I could plug the RJ12 into one of the other sockets, and simply remapped the pedals to that.

Maybe I will try that as a last ditch effort.

With 6 conductors surely it could have been considered in the design I am thinking - so maybe it exists?

• You could just connect the pedals directly to your PC via USB surely?

• Aha - I do not use a PC - but thanks

I am playing GT7 on PS5. The pedals connect to the RJ12 sockets of the GT DD Pro wheel base, and it's USB to the PS5.

The solution ended up being for me to buy a Logitech G923 this morning. I got 6th. It really illustrated to me how awesome it is to have the feel of the load cell brake. Also the DD wheel vs the G923. The Fanatec is so much better.

Anyways - I will send my wheel base to Fanatec service. Also my busted wheel! In the meantime, I'll be receiving a Logitech G Pro set - DD and Load cell brake. I'll see how that compares as well.

I just got the Trakracer TRX. It was good for the Fanatec but horrible for the Logitech today. That Logitech G923 doesn't compare to GT DD Pro. I still got 6th place and 89 points in Manufacturers cup today though. Coulda done better if my Fanatec was not busted

• Update - getting a replacement PCB for wheel base from https://www.simulation1.ca/ in Canada!

Hooray.

I am trying a Logitech G Pro - but it seems "fuzzy" compared to my Fanatec GT DD and upgraded pedals with load cell

• Hello BUD KAYS!

Please, I have the same problem but with the shifter... and same soldering pics... I ruined my system.

I need a PCB for the wheel, how did you order one? Was Fanatec able to help or did you do it directly with Simulation1.ca?

Did it work for you with the PCB replacemente afterwards?

• Hello BUD KAYS!

Please, I have the same problem but with the shifter... and same soldering pics... I ruined my system.

I need a PCB for the wheel, how did you order one? Was Fanatec able to help or did you do it directly with Simulation1.ca?

Did it work for you with the PCB replacemente afterwards?