GTS fully supports Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel UPDATE

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited April 2018 in Blog
PlayStation Announcement

With the March patch, GT Sport will add full native support of the Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel. The ClubSport Shifter and even the ClubSport handbrake is supported as well if connected to the wheel base.

There is no more need to switch to compatibility mode and your Fanatec wheel will be shown in the options menu of the game.

Kazunori Yamauchi told me that the implementation is still not completely finished and they will continue to add features and better functionality in future updates.

I will meet with him very soon so please let me know how you like the implementation now and what improvements related to our wheels you would like to see. Please do not list any issues related to the overall force feedback system of the game.

It took a little bit longer than expected but we are building up a solid long term relationship with Polyphony and in the long run this you all will benefit from that.

UPDATE
As a lot of our community members are complaining about the understeer rattling effect, I would like to mention that this effect is not a bug but present with other wheels as well. 
Please head over to GTplanet and participate in this poll so you can tell us your favourite choice.
My personal suggestion to PD will be to make this effect adjustable in the game options.

Comments

• Well done!
  • Great news, thanks for that and let's cross fingers that the implementation is well done and that future updates will improve even more as you stated.
  • Great news! So finally it's implemented. I reallly hope the rumble motor on the throttle pedal will work as well...
  • Now I have something to really look forward to when I get home from work lol!

• Thomas,

Even if a have not the GTS  game i'm so happy for my partners whit the CSL Elite since the will now fell the real power of the FANATEC base I'm not thinking to buy the game for now but if i hear good thinks now will maybe get it!!!!! So for now you only need to launch the McLaren wheel early to get complete cool with us!!!!!!!! 
    :D
  • Good news!!! Thanks for your efforts!
  • Fantastic news, the long wait is over ready for the holiday weekend here in the UK
  • Well done, Thomas and the Fanatec crew!
  • Thank you so much Thomas. For continuing to just stay focused and keep pushing to build the relationship with Kaz and PD and make a truly cross platform wheel possible. Seriously look forward to testing it out and help provide feedback and make it the best wheel out there for GT Sport.
  • a question, will the vibration of the clubsport v3 pedal be functional? the Revleds and speed on the steering wheel too?
  • Great news, thanks Thomas-san! I've been waiting for this native support. If it takes a little more time, I might have bought that expensive T-GT.
  • Thomas-san, Not force feedback, but I want a new device for CSL Elite which can adjust gas, ABS, TCS and something car setting. 
  • This is great news. I do hope this will not affect the use of other games though as I've been enjoying drive club vr as week as drive club which in my opinion was a fantastic side effect of the compatability issues. Using the purple mode wa's not getting the full potential but it did have its upside. And as a long time customer I'm interested in the new wheels you have to offer.
  • Thomas-san, Not force feedback, but I want a new device for CSL Elite which can adjust gas, ABS, TCS and something car setting. 
    You can already setup your wheel to control the MFD in GT Sport so you can adjust fuel, ABS, TCS with the joystick on the left. Works really well.
  • edited March 2018
    a question, will the vibration of the clubsport v3 pedal be functional? the Revleds and speed on the steering wheel too?
    Firstly : CONGRATULATIONS, thank you so much to Fanatec and Polyphony Digital for this update !

I've just finished to install my whole new Fanatec setup today : CSL Elite PS4 + CSP V3 with brake performance kit + CS Shifter v1.5 + CS Handbrake + BMW GT2 rim + Formula rim + 3 Hub with... a lot of wheels (yeah, I really have a problem with that) ! I didn't even try a game yet, and I'm really excited to try GT Sport tomorrow !

I have the exact same question about the rumbles ! Please Thomas, tell us you've sent a CSP V3 to Polyphony a couple of months ago with the CS Elite  ? <3
  • Mark AmbroseMark Ambrose Member
    edited March 2018
    Hey Thomas,is it possible to make a discount code for a new group on facebook dsr. “Danish Sim Razors”. Se play ps4 and has two groups who is serious in sim, have a session with over 40 participants every thursday, with scores and all the good stuff, we have exploded the last 2 month, and I have for the last 6-8 month advocated for Fanatec, and I know Fanatec have sold at least v3 pedals and elite ps4 two a couple of the group. 

And I know after this update of gt sport there will come more, we are at least 10 that have it as it stand know and more to come.

My thinking is.   DSR discount of a couple of % to boost your sale and the quality for our group I will put a picture of the member rising for just the last 2 month.

My Name is Mark Ambrose
    My Fanatec equipments is Fanatec Elite ps4 edition, Fanatec BMW Rim, Fanatec V3 pedals,Fanate Handbrake v1.0.     AND IM LOVING IT, 

Bo Pedersen
    Fanatec Elite PS4 edition, Fanatec V3 pedals.

Just 2 of the many 

• Good work. Drive Hub works fine.
    FFB is smooth now. dri = -5  is better than off   csw v2.5.

• Hello THOMAS....I just installed my GTS update.
    The very first impression of the NEW FEEL of my CSL Elite is great. Driving now with your wheel is a total new level and feeling. I can feel FFB details now in GTS which I never had before......YES, now I feel curbs very well, difference in road surface textures and I feel the G-forces in curves much more.

First Impression is just great, thanks again for all the effort and work. Now I need to setup my wheel a bit different for GTS which is totally fine.
  • edited March 2018
    Ist Polyphony Digital einfach nur zu doof oder machen die das absichtlich, siehe zum Beispiel die lange Zeit bis es nun endlich eingebunden wurde, denn die LED Anzige funktionieren im Blauen Modus nicht (im lila schon)?

Meine Komponenten: CSL Elite + ClubSport Lenkrad Formula Carbon + ClubSport Pedale V3

//

Is Polyphony Digital just too stupid or are they doing that on purpose, see for example the long time until it was finally integrated, because the LEDs do not work in blue mode (in the purple already)?

My components: CSL Elite + ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Carbon + ClubSport Pedals V3

• Is Polyphony Digital just too stupid or are they doing that on purpose, see for example the long time until it was finally integrated, because the LEDs do not work in blue mode (in the purple already)?

My components: CSL Elite + ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Carbon + ClubSport Pedals V3

Hello Richard, I did not notice it at first glance, because I use mostly PSVR. But yes, the Rev lights and the speed/gear indication does not work now in blue mode. But I am sure that will be updated soon. For me it is much more important now that the wheel performs in GTS as it should and it does, it feels amazing. Just tried the new BMW M3 and the Nissan GT-R GT500 cars.

• I would have a technical question about the FEI parameter now.
    Now with the update I get a bit of rumbling and shaking of the wheel when I have situations over the limit of the car or when the wheels block heavily, I did not have that before in GTS in purple mode. 
    Is that bad for the wheel? Should I reduce the FEI or just leave it like that? It is very very seldom and only in situations exceeding the car limits.

Another positive note about the update: There is no wheel oscillation anymore, which is great.
  • Hi Thomas,

Be sure to bring ClubSport Pedals v3i for Yamauchi-san! I can confirm there is zero rumble in the pedals after the update: neither for traction control in the gas pedal, nor for ABS in the brake pedal.
  • Hi Thomas,

Be sure to bring ClubSport Pedals v3i for Yamauchi-san! I can confirm there is zero rumble in the pedals after the update: neither for traction control in the gas pedal, nor for ABS in the brake pedal.
    No rumble in v3 pedals or led strip, in blue mode, but a good ff

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Features like rumble support and rev lights will be implemented later. PD already said that they first implemented the core functionality.
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited March 2018
    PlayStation Announcement

With the March patch, GT Sport will add full native support of the Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel. The ClubSport Shifter and even the ClubSport handbrake is supported as well if connected to the wheel base.

There is no more need to switch to compatibility mode and your Fanatec wheel will be shown in the options menu of the game.

Kazunori Yamauchi told me that the implementation is still not completely finished and they will continue to add features and better functionality in future updates.

I will meet with him very soon so please let me know how you like the implementation now and what improvements related to our wheels you would like to see. Please do not list any issues related to the overall force feedback system of the game.

It took a little bit longer than expected but we are building up a solid long term relationship with Polyphony and in the long run this you all will benefit from that.
    I have been testing out the new update since it was released for about 4 hours now. First off I want to say.. I am completely blown away!! Initial impressions are just fantastic plain and simple. I spent a ton of time driving the new FC3S RX-7 that was added (which I have a ton of seat time in in real life), adjusted the in-game FFB settings up to something that felt natural to me, and it feels so much like driving the real car I couldn't wipe the stupid smile off my face. :) 

I did adjust the in-game FFB settings both much higher than what I was using for compatibility mode. I had it set and 4 and 3 before (FFB Max Torque, FFB Sensitivity). But now I adjusted it up to 9 and 9 on both. I like to target the steering feel in cars I have actually driven so I don't mind a heavier wheel feel. To me this feels absolutely fantastic on the range of cars I drove from the FC3S, FD3S, 911 GT3 RS, Ferrari F40, etc. After hours of driving I didn't notice any loss in FFB response or anything and everything felt great. This is with the wheel on default settings. FEI on 50.

The only issue I noticed on this update (which is likely not limited to using the CSL Elite) is that the in-game FFB Max Torque setting doesn't seem to save from session to session. So if I start a session at a particular track and set the FFB Max Torque setting to 9, the next time I start a new session at a new track or even start a fresh session at the same track with same car, the FFB Max Torque setting always resets to 4. This might be happening with other wheels as well? But just wanted to make sure Kaz and PD are made aware of this. So far this is the only real issue I have come across, which isn't really an issue with the way the wheel performs in game. (If anyone else can test this and confirm it isn't just happening on my system that would be great. (I have confirmed that this is happening to people with T-GT as well in this update). I have tried full restarts of the PS4 and it seems to be persistent. The FFB Sensitivity setting saves just fine for me, just not the Max Torque setting). At the moment I just need to reset the FFB Max Torque setting whenever I start a new session.

I know you said not to list any issues of the overall FFB, but I only have praises. :) The difference in the feel of FFB between this new update and previously using it in compatibility mode is pretty incredible. Driving on Tokyo Expressway in the FC3S, it was so cool to feel the gaps in the sections road match right up with the sound as you load up the car and pass over them. It is so easy to feel the car understeer, and just as easy to feel the rear of the car begin to step out and gently catch the slide. I had so many great moments of deja vu to driving the FC3S in real life. The on-center feel is buttery smooth and the way the wheel loads up at high speeds when turning slightly from side to side is spot on once you dial in the in-game FFB settings.

The default settings for all the buttons is exactly how I had my wheel setup when I was using compatibility mode. :) I did actually decide to change L2 to (Left View) and R2 to (Right View), but that is obviously just personal preference. I don't use the turn signals in-game very often so this suits me a bit better. I think the defaults are all really smart though.

Once again Thomas thank you so much and please extendt this thank you to Kaz and the entire team at PD! The current tire model in GT Sport combined with a wheel like this makes the game feel phenomenal! It ABSOLUTELY feels like I am driving a real FC3S when I drive one in GT Sport, and the same can be said for so many other cars. Anyone out there still trying to say GT Sport is a "game not a simulator", try giving it a go with the CSL Elite, and then go drive the same car and track in Assetto Corsa. The sound, graphics, and immersion of GT Sport is on a completely other level, and the driving feel is up their with the best now with proper hardware. 

• Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited March 2018
    I would have a technical question about the FEI parameter now.
    Now with the update I get a bit of rumbling and shaking of the wheel when I have situations over the limit of the car or when the wheels block heavily, I did not have that before in GTS in purple mode. 
    Is that bad for the wheel? Should I reduce the FEI or just leave it like that? It is very very seldom and only in situations exceeding the car limits.

Another positive note about the update: There is no wheel oscillation anymore, which is great.
    To me FEI at the default 50 feels much more natural than adjusting it up to 100. FEI 100 makes things feel a bit more harsh, I find the amount of detail at FEI 50 to feel pretty natural. This is most noticeable when understeering heavily into a corner. With FEI at 100 the rumble (scuttle shake) is much more harsh. With it at 50 you can still feel the moment the front tires loose grip and still get that scuttle shake, but it feels more much natural I think. I am curious if you bumped up your in-game FFB settings as well compared to compatibility mode? I bumped my settings up to 9 and 9 (from 4 and 3) and LOVE the way it feels. 

It does look like there is a confirmed but with the FFB Max Torque setting so make sure to check it each track session. It resets itself to the default 4 at the moment.
  • @ Andrew Hake, great first comments and quick review. I agree the feel of the game is just different to the positive, I am also blown away.

I did have the FEI at 70 first and yes, the rumbling was too harsh, I reduced now to 50 and that is fine for me.
    I did not increase the in game FFB values, but will give it a try 9/9. Thanks and enjoy.
  • PlayStation Announcement

I have been testing out the new update since it was released for about 4 hours now. First off I want to say.. I am completely blown away!! Initial impressions are just fantastic plain and simple. I spent a ton of time driving the new FC3S RX-7 that was added (which I have a ton of seat time in in real life), adjusted the in-game FFB settings up to something that felt natural to me, and it feels so much like driving the real car I couldn't wipe the stupid smile off my face. :) 

I did adjust the in-game FFB settings both much higher than what I was using for compatibility mode. I had it set and 4 and 3 before (FFB Max Torque, FFB Sensitivity). But now I adjusted it up to 9 and 9 on both. I like to target the steering feel in cars I have actually driven so I don't mind a heavier wheel feel. To me this feels absolutely fantastic on the range of cars I drove from the FC3S, FD3S, 911 GT3 RS, Ferrari F40, etc. After hours of driving I didn't notice any loss in FFB response or anything and everything felt great. This is with the wheel on default settings. FEI on 50.

The only issue I noticed on this update (which is likely not limited to using the CSL Elite) is that the in-game FFB Max Torque setting doesn't seem to save from session to session. So if I start a session at a particular track and set the FFB Max Torque setting to 9, the next time I start a new session at a new track or even start a fresh session at the same track with same car, the FFB Max Torque setting always resets to 4. This might be happening with other wheels as well? But just wanted to make sure Kaz and PD are made aware of this. So far this is the only real issue I have come across, which isn't really an issue with the way the wheel performs in game. (If anyone else can test this and confirm it isn't just happening on my system that would be great. (I have confirmed that this is happening to people with T-GT as well in this update). I have tried full restarts of the PS4 and it seems to be persistent. The FFB Sensitivity setting saves just fine for me, just not the Max Torque setting). At the moment I just need to reset the FFB Max Torque setting whenever I start a new session.

I know you said not to list any issues of the overall FFB, but I only have praises. :) The difference in the feel of FFB between this new update and previously using it in compatibility mode is pretty incredible. Driving on Tokyo Expressway in the FC3S, it was so cool to feel the gaps in the sections road match right up with the sound as you load up the car and pass over them. It is so easy to feel the car understeer, and just as easy to feel the rear of the car begin to step out and gently catch the slide. I had so many great moments of deja vu to driving the FC3S in real life. The on-center feel is buttery smooth and the way the wheel loads up at high speeds when turning slightly from side to side is spot on once you dial in the in-game FFB settings.

The default settings for all the buttons is exactly how I had my wheel setup when I was using compatibility mode. :) I did actually decide to change L2 to (Left View) and R2 to (Right View), but that is obviously just personal preference. I don't use the turn signals in-game very often so this suits me a bit better. I think the defaults are all really smart though.

Once again Thomas thank you so much and please extendt this thank you to Kaz and the entire team at PD! The current tire model in GT Sport combined with a wheel like this makes the game feel phenomenal! It ABSOLUTELY feels like I am driving a real FC3S when I drive one in GT Sport, and the same can be said for so many other cars. Anyone out there still trying to say GT Sport is a "game not a simulator", try giving it a go with the CSL Elite, and then go drive the same car and track in Assetto Corsa. The sound, graphics, and immersion of GT Sport is on a completely other level, and the driving feel is up their with the best now with proper hardware. 

I have said that GT Sport was more a acade than sim. And you are absolutely correct this is the best update all Fanatec owners was looking forward/missing I totally agree with you. Loving playing GT Sport now my mouth was total open when I first tryed after this update. I can’t get my arms down just from cheering
  • God guys, I am reading your comments and I can't wait to start the game tonight!!!

Thanks to Fanatec and PD for starting this partnership.
  • Hello,

Can you please share your favourite settings here?

I'm now playing with default settings and like to know what you are playing with.

In wheel:
    SEN .....
    FF.....
    SHO...
    ABS...
    DRI...
    FOR...
    SPR...
    DPR...
    BRF...
    FEI...

In game: