Podium peripherals UPDATE: Products are now available for pre-order

Comments

• May is almost over and no software yet. Still a few hours left to put out the beta. Any ETA on when that will be available? The two above, hope you got ups express saver, it'll be there by Tuesday then I think.
  • Shipping date of ps4 dd1 just updated to today. Looks like hitting the 5/31 target. Nice work Fanatec!
  • Shipping date of ps4 dd1 just updated to today. Looks like hitting the 5/31 target. Nice work Fanatec!
  • Just got an invoice.  Wait is almost over.

• How do you like the good beta that we at least could expect in may? I am at work i can't test it right now.
  • About that good Beta for the podium software in May ? any news ?
  • Any chance for an Xbox one compatible podium hub??
    Happy for you!

just got an email, my new estimated shipping date is Mid July.... 16 of July.  So August seems about right..... lol

Cheers!

Patrick
  • We’re u originally 5/31 target? Sorry to hear that Patrick.
  • edited June 2019
    I found it!
  • We’re u originally 5/31 target? Sorry to hear that Patrick.
    Hi Marty,

if you consider the target shipping date on the Webshop page when I placed my order, yes it was still 5/31.  I also asked by email if 5/31 was still good, I was told yes.  But I placed mine later than you guys, 5/11. 

I am not angry, just disappointed and not really surprised.  I just hope I have zero problem with it once I get it.

Have fun with yours!  :)

cheers!

Patrick
  • Omar SpanoOmar Spano Member
    edited June 2019

• how could it be dated 05/31 ordering it 05/11 if I, having ordered it 05/06 gave it for 06/26?
  • how could it be dated 05/31 ordering it 05/11 if I, having ordered it 05/06 gave it for 06/26?
    I do not know Omar, I first placed an order about same date as you, took a week for PayPal to reject it because I did not use my PayPal account, place another order after the cancellation. I had numerous exchange with sales support, I used the exchange to confirm an estimated shipping date and was told 5/31 was still on. But I never got that date in my order history, I only have 6/28 for the F1 game.
  • Last year they said the bases will be shipped as soon as they fixed the problems and it will be end of april 2019 at max. It turned out to be the exact date they estimated 5 month ago, does not feel like as soon as possible more like they never planned to deliver earlier. Regarding the software not being ready to the actual first shipping of the ps4 bases which came a little before the end of april, they said since shipping of DD1/2 was planned at 30/04/19 software will be ready by that date. And here we are, another month later with no update on where the software is. Disapointed again. Regarding the product must be perfect, is the power adapter supposed to be dead silent or do they all make some kind of noise when the base is on?
  • They make a very high pitch whine, it's one of the first things you'll notice when you turn it on and to be honest it can be quite annoying but once you sit down and you're not focusing on it you really don't notice it.
  • Daid MarxDaid Marx Member
    edited June 2019
    Regarding the Podium Hub: Are 3rd party manufacturers going to be able to use the connectors and dataport so they can ditch the cable? Or is it going to be encrypted?
    I don't think that Fanatec wants this to be encrypted. In fact I think it is for this purpose specifically.  This means that someone who starts out with a CSL for their playstation can grow right up to the uber-custom DD world with a Fanatec base. This is a game changer for me.  In my quest to find the best DD solution this Podium Hub brings me back to Fanatec.  There are a lot of very cool custom wheels out there. While I could lavish myself with the purchase of one, I have to consider that it would also come with the additional cost ot $1,200 +/- for the new OSW DD base.  Now with the hub, there is an option to buy a very cool custom wheel that would have full functionality with my CSW. Conversely, if I invest in a DD1 or DD2, I wont be giving up on someday having the ultimate custom wheel. I now mostly use what is arguably the worst of my three Fanatec wheels (the McLaren) because of its form factor.  If I transition to an OSW, I will either have to forsake my Fanatec gear, or modify it at cost that could equal the original price of the wheel to make them work (wiring harness & QR adapter at a minimum) and that would be for each wheel.  With the hub, companies that are making usb or wireless connected wheels can easily use hub to have full Fanatec compatibility.  Spending money to modify the McLaren wheel that creaks in my hands while using the CSW base for use on a DD motor is not an attractive proposition. With the dataport on the hub, the prospect of SimHub type displays built in to the wheel is not only possible, but probable. 

I have been critical of Fanatec's pricing and positioning of the new Podium line. This Podium Hub is what has made me re-think the dynamic. What I originally saw as a limiting factor for the series now makes much more sense. Hopefully Fanatec is already working with some of these constructors to offer their hubs as an option on their custom wheels.
  • Dear Fanatec, 2 Questions. 1. Is the 14.06 still the delivery date for PS Podium Wheel in Germany? 2. When will you release the Podium Software? Thanks for your answer.
  • hello... a question where And switch drift mode on DD
  • hello... a question where And switch drift mode on DD
    The DD Bases dont have Drift Mode because they are already fast enough without NDP and NFR enabled.
  • edited June 2019
    What is the solution for Torque Release if I want to run the Podium Hub without Fanatec Button?
  • Someone heard about the podium software? Where is the promissed beta version?
  • It would be nice if Fanatec takes a stand on the status of the Podium software. Just sticking your head in the sand is not very customer friendly.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Regarding the Podium Hub: Are 3rd party manufacturers going to be able to use the connectors and dataport so they can ditch the cable? Or is it going to be encrypted?
    We have some plans for this but they are not being detailed at this time. We will work closely with custom wheel manufacturers to ensure the biggest range of wheels of any ecosystem.

They make a very high pitch whine, it's one of the first things you'll notice when you turn it on and to be honest it can be quite annoying but once you sit down and you're not focusing on it you really don't notice it.
    Due to manufacturing/component/environment variables, the power supplies can emit slightly different noises. Also, humans are all sensitive to different frequencies in a slightly different way. If your power supply is producing a noise that is affecting your enjoyment of the product, please contact support.

What is the solution for Torque Release if I want to run the Podium Hub without Fanatec Button?
    This is explained on the Podium Hub product page - you can turn the wheel through 90 degrees (there is also a visual indicator on the OLED) and hold it there for a moment in order to accept the torque warning.

It would be nice if Fanatec takes a stand on the status of the Podium software. Just sticking your head in the sand is not very customer friendly.
    The status is that we have pushed back the release for stability improvements and feature additions.
  • Hi Dominic make it stable and release it! More features can be released later.
  • Dominic Brennan said: and feature additions.
    Wonderful Dom, so glad you are listening at Fanatec…….. Reading those last three words just made my day ;)
  • Hi Dominic make it stable and release it! More features can be released later.
    No you are wrong. back-off and stop pressurising Fanatec into releasing software that is over simplified and of little use to us Podium owners. Thomas has already come in for criticism as it appears what was going to be released initially was just a replication of what the base could already do. + program a few cars & change the LEDs

We have our bases, let's just enjoy them and give Fanatec the space they need to make what is already is the most elegant solution in DD hardware into the legend it can become. We need a piece of software worthy of the base.

The "and feature additions" from Dom's post are I hope the bit's 'n pieces that some of us have been asking (nagging) for - They may even be the parts that make or break the Podium and how successful it is in the DD market place..... If it appears as though "it's just for little boys & girls' it will be laughed at...… some of us 'BIG boys & Big girls expect more!!!!! ….. So patience young grasshopper, they've promised us software, we will get software...… The questions is, will we get decent software?

• I preordered Podium Hub some days ago and there was no possibility to add the F1 2019 game key. Now according to the website it should be possible.
    Could you please confirm? In that case do I have to write support asking for order cancellation and then make a new one?
  • I preordered Podium Hub some days ago and there was no possibility to add the F1 2019 game key. Now according to the website it should be possible.
    Could you please confirm? In that case do I have to write support asking for order cancellation and then make a new one?
    Which wheel did you purchase with the Podium Hub?
    Which wheel did you purchase with the Podium Hub?
    No Need to purchase a Wheel/Rim, the Podium Hud itself counts as a wheel. Well, it kinda is a wheel so I think it's only fair that purchasing the Podium Hub alone is "enough" to get the key for F1 2019.