Using clutch and h-pattern shifter on Gt Sport

Hello, I am not able to use the clutch and h-pattern shifter on GT Sport. I calibrated the shifter and changing gears appears on wheel screen of my Fanatec CSL Elite base. I have tried using a car that actually has a clutch IRL (eg Toyota Supra, Nissan skyline), I tried changing the shifter of the cars to fully customized, I tried hitting the clutch pedal when the counter appears at the beginning of each race. What am I doing wrong? I haven’t been able to find an answer for a few days now.

Comments

• Are you trying to do this in Sport mode? As clutch pedal was recently disabled in Sport mode to balance the faster shifting against people that don't have clutch.
  • No trying in campaign mode. Thanks for the tip for sport mode though.
  • Hello, just for people that end up here, yesterday everything seems to be working fine. What I did differently than other times was that I used the CSL elite base as the only controller - other times I used to turn the ps4 on with the DS controller and then switch to the wheel as a 2nd controller.

This time, I just turned the PS4 on with its button and hit the PS button on the wheel base. Everything now works 'as it should' - clutch and H-pattern.
  • That's how i get my clubsport features to work, but i tried all this yesterday on 69 chevy in daily race A and no clutch or shfting was happening.
  • This may be an issue caused by GT Sport itself. Try using the stock transmission instead of the upgraded one. GT Sport will often see the upgraded one as a sequential instead and wont allow the clutch to be used. a lot of cars did it on GT6 as well

• I am new to fanatec...I am looking to upgrade from a Logitech g29. Is the basic fanatec wheel a good upgrade, or do I need to upgrade to a more expensive model right away? Also, the burning question everyone has... Do we know if fanatec wheels will work with the ps5? And last but not least, how text savvy does one have to be to get into PC racing. Thanks for the feedback...