F1 2018 (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited June 2019 in F1 20xx
General Notes:
- The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for F1 2018 (PC). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point.

- In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.

- For the Podium Series settings, it is assumed that the Torque Key is being used.

- Increasing the in-game Wheel Damper setting can help to avoid oscillation on straights, at the expense of a 'heavier' wheel that is harder to execute fast corrections. The same applies for lower DRI (drift mode) values on belt-driven wheel bases and higher NDP (Natural Damper) and NFR (Natural Friction) settings on direct drive wheel bases.

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

Podium Wheel Base DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 360
FF 40
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
NDP 15
NFR 5
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

*SPR has no effect, DPR is directly associated with the Wheel Damper in-game setting.

In-Game Settings:
Vibration & Force Feedback: On
Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 70
On Track Effects: 10
Rumblestrip Effects: 15
Off Track Effects: 20
Wheel Damper: 0
Understeer Enhance: Off

Podium Wheel Base DD2

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 360
FF 40
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
NDP 15
NFR 5
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

*SPR has no effect, DPR is directly associated with the Wheel Damper in-game setting.

In-Game Settings:

ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 360
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI 005
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 360
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -02
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference
FEI 080

In-Game Settings:

CSL Elite Wheel Base

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 360
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI 005
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

In-Game Settings:
Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 75

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 360
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -03
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference
FEI 060

In-Game Settings:
Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 75
Wheel Damper: 10

Comments

• Hello, is the DPR directly associated with Wheel Damper Slider (as stated with DD1) or directly connected to Wheel Friction (stated with DD2 & Others)?
  • Does the CSL ELITE work with F1 2017 on the PC? The steering and pedals aren’t detected..
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    edited May 2019
    Kustom said:
    Hello, is the DPR directly associated with Wheel Damper Slider (as stated with DD1) or directly connected to Wheel Friction (stated with DD2 & Others)?
    Hi Kustom, that was a naming error, I have corrected it and added an explanation about this setting and associated settings at the top of the page.
  • I figured out my problem, didn’t load the 64 bit driver. all is well.
  • Make sure to configure your DD1/DD2 as a CS 2.5 or it won't work right in F1 2018.
  • edited May 2019
    Make sure to configure your DD1/DD2 as a CS 2.5 or it won't work right in F1 2018.
    How? I don't see this option. I cannot seem to map the steering on the DD1. When i boot it up it detects it as a Fanatec Podium dd1. Unsure how to change that. It also states one or more required devices are not connected. 
  • Make sure to configure your DD1/DD2 as a CS 2.5 or it won't work right in F1 2018.
    How? I don't see this option. I cannot seem to map the steering on the DD1. When i boot it up it detects it as a Fanatec Podium dd1. Unsure how to change that. It also states one or more required devices are not connected. 
    You should take a look at the manual or at least at the Quick Guide. You need to set the Base into CSW v2.5 compatibility mode as describes in the manual and the QG. That changes the device ID and the Base is recognized as a CSW v2.5 so it is compatible to every game which also supports the CSW v2.5.
  • edited May 2019
    Make sure to configure your DD1/DD2 as a CS 2.5 or it won't work right in F1 2018.
    You should take a look at the manual or at least at the Quick Guide. You need to set the Base into CSW v2.5 compatibility mode as describes in the manual and the QG. That changes the device ID and the Base is recognized as a CSW v2.5 so it is compatible to every game which also supports the CSW v2.5.
    It tells me to look at my steering wheel's quick guide. I have the Porsche 918 and the quick guide doesn't show what buttons to hit. :( 

Update: Figured out the button combo by trying a few. It's the top right button that has the cone on it and the bottom left button of the triangle group. 
  • Try pressing buttons 9 and 5 together.

hello
    im tryig to understand this. i have the DD1 with the Universal Hub. do i need to set the DD1 to a 2.5 mode or just the game?
    with the Universal Hub 
    Base into CSW v2.5 compatibility  mode it doesnt say in the manual or i missed it
    thanks

• edited May 2019

hello
    im tryig to understand this. i have the DD1 with the Universal Hub. do i need to set the DD1 to a 2.5 mode or just the game?
    with the Universal Hub 
    Base into CSW v2.5 compatibility  mode it doesnt say in the manual or i missed it
    thanks

You have to change the DD1 into CSW 2.5 mode. When you push the two buttons on the wheel (documented in some/most quick start guides for the wheels), then you will see in the upper left of the DD1 screen it show CSW 2.5 (or something like that) instead of PC. Then open F12018 and it should detect the wheel and allow you to load a preset for your steering wheel. 

Your wheel will stay in CSW 2.5 mode, even after power off/on. Push the two buttons again to put it back into PC mode which identifies it as a DD1 for other games that don't need CSW 2.5 mode.
  • Hello i have a question, i just purchased the csl elite Pedals, and i am using a Thrustmasters wheel, i am on a pc, in order for the pedals to work how do i set it up. This is until i save money to by a csl elite base and wheel.
  • Install the Fanatec Software & plug the pedals directly into your computer via USB, then select them in game.
  • Jason ClarkeJason Clarke Member
    edited June 2019
    Now that the MPS FNC has been introduced in the latest Wheel/Firmware update for the F1 V2 wheels, i understand that the Multi Function Switches are usable/mappable in ACC and Raceroom... can anyone confirm if they will work in the upcoming F1 Title?
  • Now that the MPS FNC has been introduced in the latest Wheel/Firmware update for the F1 V2 wheels, i understand that the Multi Function Switches are usable/mappable in ACC and Raceroom... can anyone confirm if they will work in the upcoming F1 Title?
    MPS FNC was introduced quite a long time ago already. At the moment AFAIK they are not completely mappable in F1 2019. Only the left MPS is working in Encoder mode. In Pulse mode only positions 1-5 are working. The right MPS is not working at all in any mode. You need to contact Codemasters to ask them to implement the MPS properly (as well as the upper two APM Paddles which also don't work... :/)
  • MPS FNC was introduced quite a long time ago already. At the moment AFAIK they are not completely mappable in F1 2019. Only the left MPS is working in Encoder mode. In Pulse mode only positions 1-5 are working. The right MPS is not working at all in any mode. You need to contact Codemasters to ask them to implement the MPS properly (as well as the upper two APM Paddles which also don't work... :/)
    Thanks for your reply Maurice...  I didn't realize it was released earlier as i sold my McLaren wheel a few months ago so i could pre-order my F1 Rim and i just received it so now seeing the updated Menus.  I still don't know what the different modes (Pulse, Encoder ect...) are and how to use them. Will try and find some instructional video on it if there is one online or in a forum explaining what they do.
    I posted in the Codemasters forum to see if anyone knew about it so will see what they say.
    Cheers!
  • I am finding that with DD2 to get the wheel to mirror the onscreen wheel you need basically 900 or auto mode since the last couple of updates.
  • Does the F2018 PC support GT DD Pro Fanatec?

If so, what do you do with the settings?