DD2 motor permanently for DD1

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
Originally we developed a special lower spec motor for the Podium DD1 and the Racing Wheel but it turned out that we could not meet the specs.
We therefore decided to develop a new motor for DD1 and use the DD2 motor in the lower spec models as an interim solution to fullfil the pre-orders.

We decided now that we will permanently use the bigger high-end DD2 motor in the smaller models as well until a new Dd1 motor is ready but this will still take quite a long time. 

Together with the bigger motor you will also get 3 years warranty instead of 2 years on both DD1 and Racing Wheel.

As you can imagine, this comes at some price as we are forced to increase our prices a bit due to the extremely low margin we make on our DD1 which does not allow us to recoup our huge R&D expenses for many years. Here is the new pricing:

Podium DD1: 
EU: 1199,95 Euro
US: 1199,95 USD
AUS: 1699,90 AUS
J: 159.900 Yen

Podium Racing Wheel:
EU: 1599,95 Euro
US: 1599,95 USD
AUS: 2599,90 AUS

Please keep in mind that the Podium Racing Wheel not only includes a steering wheel but also the magnetic shifter paddles. This makes is the best deal for PC racers and the PS4 compatibility is a free bonus.

Order now if you want to purchase at the original low prices as the price change will be effective on May 7th (9:00 UTC+2)

Comments

•  Cristian Cristian Member
    edited May 2019

hello ... who like me bought dd1 the warranty goes to 3 years? or is it still 2?

is it possible that many product manufacturers purchase warranty packages and bring dd1 up to 5 years warranty? it would be a good thing .. in the 2/3 years of normal warranty buy the warranty extension package within 2 or 3 years. what do you think?
  • edited May 2019
    I've purchsed and aditional year of warrantiy for my DD1, so it's possible.
    I've to talk with support, because the option was not avaliable in the online shop.

Edit: Now when you select the DD1, you can select the warranty you want.
  • Trying to pre-order but it will not let me. It will let me add it to my cart, but I cannot checkout. It says the item is not available in the quantities I desire. Can you help?
  • A bit confused here... So what’s the podium racing wheel? Is this the ps4 version?
  • edited May 2019
    Are current orders upgraded to 3 years warranty as well?

A bit confused here... So what’s the podium racing wheel? Is this the ps4 version?
    Yeah it's the PS4 wheel.
  • When is the Podium software coming out????
  • edited May 2019
    I wrote this message on May 26th.When will it go on sale? Hi Tom 1- When is the Killswitch going on sale? What is the estimated price.(Because I will order with DD1 servo motor.) 2- I have to wait 2.5 months if I pre-order. What's the benefit to me? 3- What happens if the servo motor breaks down after 2 years? 4- I have the Fanatec Rennsport V2 Cockpit. When are the Podium Mounting Brackets, holders in the picture going on sale?
  • So I ordered a DD2 on the announcement day and got the same product as a DD1(except I paid more money). And I got less for my money than someone who ordered the PS4 bundle, as I didnt get a rim or the podium shifter module. I never was able to redeem my voucher for the delay of the wheel base, the website said the voucher was used. I kind of feel like I was taken advantage of. But whatever, what's done is done.
  • I just checked and saw that I did win an auction for the DD1 a while back, but forgot all about it since the delays were happening. If I place this auction order now, does the DD1 come with the wheel and shifters as well? I'm reading some people saying no and others yes. Can someone confirm please?  Thanks...  Jason
  • edited May 2019
    So I ordered a DD2 on the announcement day and got the same product as a DD1(except I paid more money). And I got less for my money than someone who ordered the PS4 bundle, as I didnt get a rim or the podium shifter module. I never was able to redeem my voucher for the delay of the wheel base, the website said the voucher was used. I kind of feel like I was taken advantage of. But whatever, what's done is done.
    You did NOT got the same Wheel Base as a DD1.
    You have:
    - 3 more years of warranty
    - 5 Nm more holding and 5Nm more Peak Torque and better acceleration
    - different electronics
    - carbon plates
    - Killswitch included

If you want the Formula v2 and the Advanced Shifter Paddle Module you can buy it in the webshop and you are then paying only 20€ more than someone who bought the PS4 Racing Wheel but you still have all the above advantages.
    And if you get a error message trying to use your voucher, what about contacting the support about this issue if you did not used it for yourself yet? The codes are generic codes, so every code basicylly is the same and in the first days there were some issues when you wanted to use that code but those issues are solved. Try again now or contact support.
  • I just checked and saw that I did win an auction for the DD1 a while back, but forgot all about it since the delays were happening. If I place this auction order now, does the DD1 come with the wheel and shifters as well? I'm reading some people saying no and others yes. Can someone confirm please?  Thanks...  Jason
    No. You won an auction for the DD1, not for the Podium Racing Wheel for PS4. But you were affected by the initial delay so you should have got a voucher with a value of 350€ and you can buy a steering wheel or something else in the webshop with this voucher.
  • Are current orders upgraded to 3 years warranty as well?

A bit confused here... So what’s the podium racing wheel? Is this the ps4 version?
    Yeah it's the PS4 wheel.
    no, only new orders beginning of May 7th are getting the 3 year warranty instead of 2 years because they pay 200€ more beginning of that date. All previous orders will only have 2 years warranty.
  • edited May 2019
    I wrote this message on May 26th.When will it go on sale? Hi Tom 1- When is the Killswitch going on sale? What is the estimated price.(Because I will order with DD1 servo motor.) 2- I have to wait 2.5 months if I pre-order. What's the benefit to me? 3- What happens if the servo motor breaks down after 2 years? 4- I have the Fanatec Rennsport V2 Cockpit. When are the Podium Mounting Brackets, holders in the picture going on sale?
    1. it was said soon. Price is unknown and most probably wont be revealed before it goes live in the webshop
    2. you have the benefit to be in the second batch before it gets sold out like the first batch and now after this news to get the DD1 for 200€ cheaper
    3. Very unlikely, those motors are built to last. However, when warranty is over you would have to pay for repair costs like for every other product on this earth
    4. it was again said soon 
  • Ich habe mein Podium DD1 am 14.04. für 1000€ bestellt. Bekomme ich jetzt ein ein DD2 Motor? Wäre nett wenn das mal jemand in deutsch erklären kann..
  • Trying to pre-order but it will not let me. It will let me add it to my cart, but I cannot checkout. It says the item is not available in the quantities I desire. Can you help?
    Just continue with the checkout. The message is normal because you pre-order a product which is sold out and not in stock.
  • No. You won an auction for the DD1, not for the Podium Racing Wheel for PS4. But you were affected by the initial delay so you should have got a voucher with a value of 350€ and you can buy a steering wheel or something else in the webshop with this voucher.
    Hey Maurice, thank you for the clarification. I remember now about the voucher, but I just checked my account and my email account and I never received any voucher or code. How would I go about claiming this so I place my order?  Thanks!
  • Ich habe mein Podium DD1 am 14.04. für 1000€ bestellt. Bekomme ich jetzt ein ein DD2 Motor? Wäre nett wenn das mal jemand in deutsch erklären kann..
    Ja, natürlich. Wie im Post oben beschrieben gibt es quasi keinen DD1 Motor mehr, der wurde auf Eis gelegt. ALLE DD Bases haben nun den DD2 Motor und werden ihn auf lange Sicht auch behalten.
  • edited May 2019
    no, only new orders beginning of May 7th are getting the 3 year warranty instead of 2 years because they pay 200€ more beginning of that date. All previous orders will only have 2 years warranty
    Ok, thanks
  • No. You won an auction for the DD1, not for the Podium Racing Wheel for PS4. But you were affected by the initial delay so you should have got a voucher with a value of 350€ and you can buy a steering wheel or something else in the webshop with this voucher.
    Hey Maurice, thank you for the clarification. I remember now about the voucher, but I just checked my account and my email account and I never received any voucher or code. How would I go about claiming this so I place my order?  Thanks!
    ah now I get it. You won the auction but you didnt placed the order? Oh, thats bad. I think you lost your claim to that voucher because you did not placed the order. I would contact the support to clarify this if you are still eligible for this voucher or not. 
    Ja, natürlich. Wie im Post oben beschrieben gibt es quasi keinen DD1 Motor mehr, der wurde auf Eis gelegt. ALLE DD Bases haben nun den DD2 Motor und werden ihn auf lange Sicht auch behalten.
    Ich verstehe nur nicht genau ob ich jetzt meine Ursprüngliche Bestellung noch für die bezahlten 1000€ bekomme oder ich noch 200€ nachzahlen muß?!
    Ich verstehe nur nicht genau ob ich jetzt meine Ursprüngliche Bestellung noch für die bezahlten 1000€ bekomme oder ich noch 200€ nachzahlen muß?!
    ... Am besten du kopierst den Blog Post mal und fügst ihn in den Google Translator ein.
    Der neue Preis gilt nur für neue Bestellungen, die ab dem 07. Mai eingehen. Natürlich muss keine bisherige Bestellung noch etwas nachzahlen, wo kämen wir denn da hin :D
  • Kann ich mein original verpacktes limited edition 2018 F1 Wheel für einen Rabatt zu einem Podium Wheel Bundle eintauschen? :D
  • I was about to pre-order but 100€ more for the Podium PS4 with an extra year of warranty makes me hesitate to order it now or wait until the 7th of May....
  • Kann ich mein original verpacktes limited edition 2018 F1 Wheel für einen Rabatt zu einem Podium Wheel Bundle eintauschen? :D
    nein, du kannst es aber verkaufen, die bringen gar nicht mal wenig Geld.
  • My Wheelbase V2.5 self destroyed and the unit is currently being send in for repair. Is there any way you can make an unhappy customer happy by providing me an upgrade to a DD1 (for the price difference)? Am afraid I will nor hear back regarding Repair before the May 7th deadline,,,

Nikolaus
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    My Wheelbase V2.5 self destroyed and the unit is currently being send in for repair. Is there any way you can make an unhappy customer happy by providing me an upgrade to a DD1 (for the price difference)? Am afraid I will nor hear back regarding Repair before the May 7th deadline,,,

Nikolaus
    Hi Nikolaus, we do not offer a trade-in program for our products, nor do we upgrade defective units if they can be directly repaired, which appears to be what is happening in this case.
  • So please, when is the control software going to be available ?
    i want to buy a DD wheelbase, but a tad concerned about the availability of the software, or lack of it thus far ?
  • In Australia it appears the price for the DD1 actually goes down on a like for like basis, currently DD1 + 3yr warranty is $1,759 but on 7th May it will be $1,700.