Podium peripherals UPDATE: Products are now available for pre-order

Comments

• Hello
    Will the future Podium software be compatible with the Podium racing wheel? not specified in the description.
    cordially

The software will be compatible with EVERY Fanatec Wheel Base, not just the Podium DD Bases.

• And this
    SC Ultimate ( unbelievable ridddiculous price ) for that price just buy a Leo Bodnar.

SC Ultimate is better then Bodnar DD  ;)
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited May 2019
    SC2 Sport 1170 Euro TTC (TTC stands for Toutes Taxes Comprises (in french) its mean all taxes included. The total taxes in bill calculate in one total is called TTC)

SC2 Pro 1370 Euro TTC

Premium emergency stop

Metal emergency stop box with on / off switch of the remote system with status led.

• edited May 2019
    hahahahahahah..

ok ok , good for you. but.. THE WORLD "fortunately" don't live in france and taxes like VAT or IVA or UKVAT or others.... is not TTC.
    you , people, have to complain EVEN on an IMAGE. unbelievable.
    can you understand WHAT ... VAT ... INVOICE ( IS ) in this three images ?

SC2 Sport 1170 Euro TTC (TTC stands for Toutes Taxes Comprises (in french) its mean all taxes included. The total taxes in bill calculate in one total is called TTC)

SC2 Pro 1370 Euro TTC

Premium emergency stop

Metal emergency stop box with on / off switch of the remote system with status led.

TTC.
  • edited May 2019

And this
    SC Ultimate ( unbelievable ridddiculous price ) for that price just buy a Leo Bodnar.

SC Ultimate is better then Bodnar DD  ;)
    good :). the earth is flat. buy it and enjoy...
    This don't change "how" FFB works.. it's the same for EVERYONE and i prefer a real product that "works" well with this standards ... when and if things change in the future and OSW or Bodnar offers "a real dramatic change in how this tech works with games" probably i switch but today is not worth the price and ( in my opinion ) TODAY fanatec offers the best ratio on Performance x Features x Aestetics x usability and safety = For price.
    I don't have the time to reply on next comments because i know that this things is an infinite loop.
    Peace :).
  • "uhm.. 959.. are you sure ?.

you have to add taxes on the final price "from 18 to 24%"
    even shipping costs"

CART TOTALS

SC2 Sport Subtotal€959,00
    Shipping
    • Weight based shipping

Estimate for Bulgaria.

Change address
    VAT (estimated for Bulgaria)€219,12
    TOTAL€1.215,12
    "you have to add a Quick Release adapter "or not, depends"
    you have to add a SC Quick Release "this is necessary'

The wheel includes SC2 QR adapter, can be added 

SC2 Pro Subtotal1.123,00
    Shipping
    • Weight based shipping

Estimate for Bulgaria.

Change address
    VAT (estimated for Bulgaria)255,64
    TOTAL1.417,64
    These prices are from https://www.simracingbay.com/cart/
  • Will the podium hub be compatible with non DD Fanatec wheel bases ?
  • Does anyone know what the encoder resolution is on the Podium Bases? 12 bit, 16 bit?
  • Does anyone know what the encoder resolution is on the Podium Bases? 12 bit, 16 bit?
    In the Podium WB2 manual the steering wheel center position is shown as 32768 which means 16 bit.
  • I need to order some ClubSport pedals V3 which are in stock... How long does it takes for Fanatec to send them out since I'd like to receive them on my day off.. Do they take 1/2/3 days to prepare the package ? Knowing that would help me knowing on which day I need to place my order. Cheers
  • edited May 2019
    I need to order some ClubSport pedals V3 which are in stock... How long does it takes for Fanatec to send them out since I'd like to receive them on my day off.. Do they take 1/2/3 days to prepare the package ? Knowing that would help me knowing on which day I need to place my order. Cheers
    Here in Germany they send it within 1 Day!
  • THey are quick! Despatch is normally same or next day depending on time or order. After that it is down to the courier but it seems to be three working days for delivery to UK which is pretty good.
  • I'm in France so it should be 3 days.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Will the podium hub be compatible with non DD Fanatec wheel bases ?
    Yes.

• The Killswitch is NOT mandatory to increase your safety. If an accident like this happens then a KS would not helped anything.

As soon as the wheel goes wild and your hands are off you can also turn off the base with the power button. Therefore the Killswitch is more like a remote power button for your convenience.

A DD2 user removed the cable of the killswitch, while the base is running and has force active, from the base and nothing happened.

Can you confirm that there is a cable break detection for the KS or was the user doing something wrong?

Thx in advance

In the Podium WB2 manual the steering wheel center position is shown as 32768 which means 16 bit.

Thank You!
    It's not much compared to the new generation OSW wheels with 2 million resolution, but I just feel that's ridiculously overkill.

• The Killswitch is NOT mandatory to increase your safety. If an accident like this happens then a KS would not helped anything.

As soon as the wheel goes wild and your hands are off you can also turn off the base with the power button. Therefore the Killswitch is more like a remote power button for your convenience.

A DD2 user removed the cable of the killswitch, while the base is running and has force active, from the base and nothing happened.

Can you confirm that there is a cable break detection for the KS or was the user doing something wrong?

Thx in advance

I'm just speculating, but as from what I read the killswitch seems to be implemented through software. Hence it also has a power button. If that's the case, that's a weird design choice and not very safe. Hope it's not the case though.

I for myself would mount a killswitch in a way that I can engage it with my leg. In this way it would indeed help in a worst case scenario.
  • From your website:
    ks.PNG 240.5K
  • Torben JensenTorben Jensen Member
    edited May 2019
    THey are quick! Despatch is normally same or next day depending on time or order. After that it is down to the courier but it seems to be three working days for delivery to UK which is pretty good.
    Be glad you are not in Canada, they ship using USPS/Canada Post.
    My DD1 shipping notice was on April 25th, took 4 days to get picked up from Fanatec, 4 days to get to LA, arrived in LA May 3, then arrived in Montreal May 5th at 4 PM, 12 minutes later it was back in LA May 6th it left LA, 5 days later it is back in Montreal where is supposedly departed to somewhere 2 days ago so who knows where it is off to now.
    Can Canadian customers get a option to us Fedex, DHL, Pony Express anything other than a postal service. For about $150 Canadian for shipping one would expect better.
    Thanks
    Yes, but who say that this value is the real signal of the encoder? Just reduce the sensitivity to 90 degrees for example and you still have a range of 0 - 65535. So it is a calculated value and doesn't give any information about the encoder.

If you want to calculate that way, you first should know, if that value is coming directly from the encoder (which as I said cannot be the case here). And besides that there are mainly two types of encoders, incremental and absolute encoders. And on the absolute encoders there are singleturn and multiturn encoders. Whereof in my opinion a multiturn absolute encoder would make no sense in this use case.

So maybe it is a 16 bit singleturn encoder, maybe not. But as long as Fanatec doesn't say anything about it, it's pure speculation. And I can fully understand why they don't say anything about it. Even if I'm really interested in knowing it... ;)
  • Attila UjvariAttila Ujvari Member
    edited May 2019
    So maybe it is a 16 bit singleturn encoder, maybe not. But as long as Fanatec doesn't say anything about it, it's pure speculation. And I can fully understand why they don't say anything about it. Even if I'm really interested in knowing it... ;)

What could possibly be a reason to not be transparent about this particular technical detail? The competition is open about it. For me as a costumer it makes me trust less tbh. Encoder resolution is fairly overrated imo, but still...when I spend this amount of money on a product I want technical details rather than marketing terms. They were open about max torque, because it’s a great number like Watts or GHz...unfortunately it says nothing about the quality of force feedback or the wheel. But I guess it’s good for marketing. :smiley:
  • Podium Mounting Brackets
    This product will be available in the first half of July. We made a last minute change to make it more compatible to 80/20 cockpits and not just the RennSport Cockpit.

If you have further questions, please let me know.
    Hey Boss,

Will the brackets be available in different colors in the near future?
  • Awesome to hear stuff is coming along, and eager for new announcements! I'm absolutely loving my DD2. A huge upgrade from my CSW 2.0, and that was already better than any other non-direct drive wheel. I don't think the prices are bad at all, actually. If you can't afford a $100 dollar killswitch, then an expensive direct drive wheelbase is already way out of your sight. Stop whining about the cost of premium products and go back to your Logitoys, seriously.
  • Attila UjvariAttila Ujvari Member
    edited May 2019
    If you can't afford a $100 dollar killswitch, then an expensive direct drive wheelbase is already way out of your sight. Stop whining about the cost of premium products and go back to your Logitoys, seriously.

I'm sorry, but your logic is completely off. I can afford the Podium wheelbase, but I'm not willing to pay 100 Euros for a simple chinese killswitch.
    There is nothing "premium" about that switch except the price.
    It's just too expensive for what it is...this fact doesn't change with the amount of money on my bank account.

Looking at Fanatec's own store (Clubsport static shifter, Clubsport handbrake) reveals that my money is worth more than that.
  • Is the Podium Hub going to be compatible with XBOX One like the current one?   Will new steering wheels for the podium hub be released at the same time?

;
  • What's this Fanatec? 
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Oh that? Looks like I forgot to mention something ;)
  • edited May 2019
    Thomas,

I want to compliment you on your dedication to the community.  Its rare to see such an open dialogue and such honesty directly with customers.  Even if you made the products $1 you would still have complaints.  In my opinion your product's pricing is great.  Not cheap but still the best value on the market.  You need to make profit to fund your R&D and I'm happy to pay a premium to get innovative products that I want in the future.  This hobby/sport is not cheap and its a 1st world luxury, not a 3rd world entitlement.  For those that can't justify the spend there are cheaper alternatives.  Keep doing what you are doing.  Innovation commands a premium as does the luxury brand you are creating.

I'm really looking forward to future products.  

Any Podium pedals on the horizon?  

Also, the ability to purchase your products in other countries would be greatly appreciated.  The cost for freight forwarding is nuts.

Keep up the great work.  
  • edited May 2019
    That rig looks very nice, however wonder how 100kg, 188cm fits there and how fragile that creation is with higher forces, and seat had some flex.

RSeat RS1 takes massive beating with DD1 atm.:)