Podium peripherals UPDATE: Products are now available for pre-order

Comments

• Hello Fanatec,
                            I was looking forward to the kill switch but as many have commented, 100 euros is far too much. Industrial e-stops are about £10. I upgraded my rig to a sim-lab P1 in anticipation of buying the DD1. When buying the rig you get a choice of front mount or wheel deck which costs between 100 - 140 euros roughly. 250 euros for the nice shiny DD1 mount is expensive if you have recently bought a deck. Would it not make more sense to be able to mount it on the inside of the uprights, instead of using clamps? 
  • edited May 2019
    Oh that? Looks like I forgot to mention something ;)
    I knew that a new RennSport cockpit was on it's way...;)

Fanatec is floating in the clouds actually. It reminds me best years of Steve Jobs and Apple with the release of the iPod, iPhone and iPad. I read its biography and Jobs was obsessed by the quality of the Apple products like it seems for Thomas and his Fanatec team.

Good job guys...!
  • That rig looks very nice, however wonder how 100kg, 188cm fits there and how fragile that creation is with higher forces, and seat had some flex.

RSeat RS1 takes massive beating with DD1 atm.:)

I have a RS1 seat and I am about to order the PS4 Podium wheel...   What do you mean with Rseat Rs1 taking a beat with the DD1?

• That rig looks very nice, however wonder how 100kg, 188cm fits there and how fragile that creation is with higher forces, and seat had some flex.

I have a RS1 seat and I am about to order the PS4 Podium wheel...   What do you mean with Rseat Rs1 taking a beat with the DD1?

It means that DD delivers its power.
  • edited May 2019

The Killswitch is NOT mandatory to increase your safety. If an accident like this happens then a KS would not helped anything.

As soon as the wheel goes wild and your hands are off you can also turn off the base with the power button. Therefore the Killswitch is more like a remote power button for your convenience.

Says it all, you don't need it! Stupid price for convenience. Reach around the back and turn it on or off, easy. Got monitor/s mounted behind the wheel, turn it on before you sit down if you can't reach under the monitor, solved. Want a switch for safety, build one on the power cable as suggested for 20 bucks. Cheapest option, take your hands off the wheel, its not going to fly off. 

RSeats have heaps of flex compared to say Aluminium profile. I wouldn't want a DD mounted on one of those. The  force of a DD will surprise you, I was amazed, RSeat will be fine for anything else, but the wheel mounting plate has too many adjustment points and the steel is too thin. If you don't believe me watch the Simpit when Shaun Cole drives in his, you'll see the wheel base bouncing around all over the place. It might be tolerable for some, but once you've experienced Alu profile, you can't go back.

• Thanks

• Alfonso our rseat will do fine, dont worry about it.

Yeah my RS1 is definitely hitting the limit with the DD1 :D
  • Not sure why anyone here need a kill switch for a DD1.  I have been crashing my car all day and cannot even feel any feedback from the crash.  They boast this will probably be the last DD you will ever buy. Well, I am already thinking of selling this crap after just 2 days of playing with it. The only thing that wows me is the preciseness but the realism and excitement was all gone. This thing cannot compete with the T300 vibrations and road feel.  There are times that I felt like I was steering a T50, No kidding!. I hope they can come up with just a software update that can increase road bumps and crashes.  Then maybe I'd buy the kill switch.
  • Lol, sorry, but I think the problem is you. Reading **** on the internet...
  • Dude, I got my DD1 and testing this thing for a week now.  Get and test yours first before you make comments on someone's opinion.  If you think the Fanatec DD wheelbases are good, then good for you but not for me.
  • Attila UjvariAttila Ujvari Member
    edited May 2019
    I hope they can come up with just a software update that can increase road bumps and crashes.  Then maybe I'd buy the kill switch.

That is more the ff implementation of the game/simulator than anything else imo. I’m curious...what game are we talking about? The need for a kill switch has nothing to do with ff. You would need it in a worst case scenario where the wheel is malfunctioning and going crazy for whatever reason and puts full force, or starts rotating wildly etc.
  • Attila

My setup was for Dirt Rally 2.  I followed the recommended settings from this forum but I am still not getting the vibrations that I was expecting for this unit.  I tried to tune everything both on the unit and in game but I could not get it to at least feel like the CSL V2.5 vibrations and road feel.  I know that there are mixed reactions about this device. I was reading through all the comments and they were very similar to what I have been experiencing here.  Well, if you can provide some thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it. BTW Torque key is inserted while testing and it is working fine.

SEN 540
    FF 40
    SHO 100
    ABS User Preference
    FOR 100
    SPR 100*
    DPR 100*NDP 25
    NFR 5
    BRF User Preference
    FEI 100
  • There are a lot of users having issues with DR2 FFB, both on belt and direct drive wheels, from all manufacturers. Some feel no details at all where others have no issues with the FFB in that game. Next week they're pushing out an FFB patch so it's best to wait for that before you form your conclusions, or check out another game in the meantime to verify.
  • edited May 2019
    Thanks! I'm holding on it for now and hopefully they have a SW patch for it. I have tested DR1 and it is similar but I have not tried on other games.  The holding torque and FFB is working just fine but just not enough road feel. 
  • Not sure why anyone here need a kill switch for a DD1.  I have been crashing my car all day and cannot even feel any feedback from the crash.  They boast this will probably be the last DD you will ever buy. Well, I am already thinking of selling this crap after just 2 days of playing with it. The only thing that wows me is the preciseness but the realism and excitement was all gone. This thing cannot compete with the T300 vibrations and road feel.  There are times that I felt like I was steering a T50, No kidding!. I hope they can come up with just a software update that can increase road bumps and crashes.  Then maybe I'd buy the kill switch.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa....
    man you have made my day. hahahahahah....
  • So is it possible to mount the DD1 and DD2 in a front mount? I read on a youtube review that you can not mount it from the front?
  • So is it possible to mount the DD1 and DD2 in a front mount? I read on a youtube review that you can not mount it from the front?
    No, Front mounting is not supported. Only bottom and side mounting. The front holes are for light accessories only, like the static Shifter Paddles.
  • Zhe WangZhe Wang Member
    edited May 2019
    Thanks! I'm holding on it for now and hopefully they have a SW patch for it. I have tested DR1 and it is similar but I have not tried on other games.  The holding torque and FFB is working just fine but just not enough road feel. 
    I also have issues with DR2 FFB (not tested the FFB update just released), but it feels great with DR1. A bit much of oscillations, but very good road feel and vibrations. Crashes are off, but always have been in this game (which is realistic if you don't hit the front wheels)
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/05/dirt-rally-2-0-road-book-16-05-19/
  • There are a lot of users having issues with DR2 FFB, both on belt and direct drive wheels, from all manufacturers. Some feel no details at all where others have no issues with the FFB in that game. Next week they're pushing out an FFB patch so it's best to wait for that before you form your conclusions, or check out another game in the meantime to verify.
    FFB update is actually live now.
  • YES! I'll test the DR2 patch tonight.
  • Thomas, Do you have a date on when the DD2 will be shipped, still may 29 ? thank you Donald.
  • Can we has this color on the buttons of the new f1 wheel? :D

• Adam DyeAdam Dye Member
    edited May 2019
    I hope they can come up with just a software update that can increase road bumps and crashes.  Then maybe I'd buy the kill switch.

That is more the ff implementation of the game/simulator than anything else imo. I’m curious...what game are we talking about? The need for a kill switch has nothing to do with ff. You would need it in a worst case scenario where the wheel is malfunctioning and going crazy for whatever reason and puts full force, or starts rotating wildly etc.
    DR 2,0 on ps4 update 1.08 totally changes that.. i first thought DDPS4 was awesome. this update takes it next level.. seriously that suspension adjustment they made on the update 1.08 also the feeback force seting on DDPS4 i can crank up more running it at 45 to 55.
     so much more road detail and the jumps when in air u feel the lightness..
  • That sounds good.
  • My DD1 had to go back after a couple of days. The internal departments don’t seem to speak to each other as no one knows what’s going on. I was promised a replacement as soon as I posted the faulty one. I called asking where it was, they said they didn’t get shipping conformation (which I wasn’t asked to send) so didn’t ship replacement. Called again and they say sorry for the delay the wheel bases would get shipped the next working day. Next time I contacted them I was promised it would go out that same day. I still have no DD1 or even shipping conformation. The delays aren’t my real concern it’s the fact they don’t tell you the truth, they hope they can ignore you until they solve the issue and then think saying sorry makes everything better. I have now requested a refund, let’s see how long it takes to get my money that I paid nearly a year ago. I bet this message will be ignored by Fanatec staff. Also waiting for missing buttons caps for my F1 rim that are now apparently with my DD1 wherever that is. Thomas is this normal practice, am I asking for something out of the ordinary?
  • I had very good experiences with Fanatec‘s support and customer service in the past. Problems can occur with every product and mistakes can be made, but I‘m sure this is not „normal practice“. It’s unfortunate and I hope things get sorted out soon for you.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Baj Dhadda said: I bet this message will be ignored by Fanatec staff.
    I've sent you a PM.
  • Any news on the "Podium software" beta?