Podium peripherals UPDATE: Products are now available for pre-order

Comments

• Hello Thomas, the 28 May 2019 has come and gone, and we are still waiting on news of the Podium Hub....
  • Hello Thomas, the 28 May 2019 has come and gone, and we are still waiting on news of the Podium Hub....
    It's available since an hour and the first post was updated.... Please have a look in the Webshop ;)
  • The Podium Hub is very nice! Will be getting one for a custom wheel I'm doing.

Very interested to see what the usb dataport will bring in the future. Would it be possible to connect a custom wheel into the usb port? Cause this would allow us to get rid of those long usb cables that fly around.
  • My universal hub seems better than a 6 button Podium hub at this point. I guess when we see the button plate concept realized, the full potential of this product will become apparent.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    The Podium Hub is very nice! Will be getting one for a custom wheel I'm doing.

Very interested to see what the usb dataport will bring in the future. Would it be possible to connect a custom wheel into the usb port? Cause this would allow us to get rid of those long usb cables that fly around.
    This is not possible. The connector does not provide USB communication.
  • The Podium Hub is very nice! Will be getting one for a custom wheel I'm doing.

This is not possible. The connector does not provide USB communication.
    Thanks for the fast answer! I expected this answer. But non the less a very nice hub which I will be ordering for my custom wheel. A much cheaper solution for me then the current clubsport hub.
  • WTF!! 500€ for six buttons wheel and no led/display? are you kidding us?

seriously fanatec.. its way too steep... 

I wonder at this point what will new button plate+display + hub+shifters+ wheel cost?  800€ ? 

this is crazy.. 

sorry for being so "vocal" but this is really disappointing for me.. I was looking for a GT-like  Wheel with the same features as the F1 v2 wheel which I already own (and I guess I'm not the only one here.. )  but at this price point.. this is crazy.
  • What about the funky switch? With the podium R300 as it is there is no funky switch so we are unable to go through the menu. Will be possible to buy just that module separately? In this moment for the Fanatec shifting podium module there are 2 different products on the same page, which one will be shipped?
  • Hey guys, just curious as to what happened to the porche 911 wheel as that was what I was expecting. Is it still in the works and if so when is it expected ?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Hey guys, just curious as to what happened to the porche 911 wheel as that was what I was expecting. Is it still in the works and if so when is it expected ?
    It will still take a while. Our target is Q4 this year.
    WTF!! 500€ for six buttons wheel and no led/display? are you kidding us?

seriously fanatec.. its way too steep... 

I wonder at this point what will new button plate+display + hub+shifters+ wheel cost?  800€ ? 

this is crazy.. 

sorry for being so "vocal" but this is really disappointing for me.. I was looking for a GT-like  Wheel with the same features as the F1 v2 wheel which I already own (and I guess I'm not the only one here.. )  but at this price point.. this is crazy.
    This is why we offer three product lines. Perhaps you should consider the ClubSport range.
  • @Thomas Jackermeier So where is the package that include the hub, paddles, buttons with out your wheel? Isn’t that the purpose of a universal hub? To use our own choice of wheels. If not a package, how about the buttons applicable to the podium hub sold separately?
  • When will the Podium software finally arrive?

What about the funky switch? With the podium R300 as it is there is no funky switch so we are unable to go through the menu. Will be possible to buy just that module separately? In this moment for the Fanatec shifting podium module there are 2 different products on the same page, which one will be shipped?
    The upcoming Podium Button Module Endurance (shown at the Sim Expo last year) adds FunkySwitch functionality (and much more) to the Podium Hub.

Please could you explain what you mean about the 'two different products'?
  • What about the funky switch? With the podium R300 as it is there is no funky switch so we are unable to go through the menu. Will be possible to buy just that module separately? In this moment for the Fanatec shifting podium module there are 2 different products on the same page, which one will be shipped?
    The upcoming Podium Button Module Endurance (shown at the Sim Expo last year) adds FunkySwitch functionality (and much more) to the Podium Hub. 
    Is this Podium Button Module Endurance the porsche buttonplate? Or will there be a package with buttons and encoders/rotary switches (and having as many options as the new Formula V2 or Macca wheel) to build into your own plate? I'm a DIYer and I have a CSW v2 base. Having a set of buttons and stuff to build into my own wheel design would be a great option...

Please could you explain what you mean about the 'two different products'?

So in order to use the tuning menu on the fly you must purchase the podium button box, so that means no custom button positions to use with different rims. Is this not a step backwards from the universal hub? All you needed to add was a port for the funky switch and sell the switch separately. Will there be a button box available in the future that we can position the buttons to suit multiple rims like on the current universal hub?
  • If not a package, how about the buttons applicable to the podium hub sold separately?
    You mean this?
  • This is why we offer three product lines. Perhaps you should consider the ClubSport range.
    Ich würde ja gerne ein weiteres Lenkrad der ClubSport Range kaufen... leider gibt es da kein 30 cm Lenkrad.
    Aber das Podium Lenkrad ist so wie angeboten auch keine Verlockung. Nur 6 Knöpfe vom CSP Hub? Kein Funky Switch?

Aber abgesehen davon sieht es schon sehr gut aus.
  • Bas JongbloedBas Jongbloed Member
    edited May 2019
    1 Button costs €99,95 (https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-cockpit-simulator-accessories/podium-killswitch-1.html)

I think 6 buttons for €499,95 is an excellent deal! :D
    Is this Podium Button Module Endurance the porsche buttonplate? Or will there be a package with buttons and encoders/rotary switches (and having as many options as the new Formula V2 or Macca wheel) to build into your own plate? I'm a DIYer and I have a CSW v2 base. Having a set of buttons and stuff to build into my own wheel design would be a great option...
    I mean that there are different palettes in different pictures, in one picture they are bigger with + or - on them

So in order to use the tuning menu on the fly you must purchase the podium button box, so that means no custom button positions to use with different rims. Is this not a step backwards from the universal hub? All you needed to add was a port for the funky switch and sell the switch separately. Will there be a button box available in the future that we can position the buttons to suit multiple rims like on the current universal hub?
    Some thoughts:

- The Tuning Menu can be accessed via the upcoming Fanatec software.
    - The Podium Button Module Endurance will be compatible with both the R300 and upcoming Porsche rim, and other third-party rims too (we'll provide a template to check this).
    - The Podium Hub is higher spec than the ClubSport Universal Hub in terms of design, materials, and electronics. It is deliberately more 'simple' in its most lightweight configuration.
    - There will be more button modules designs coming, and some of them will also include a FunkySwitch. There are benefits to having a fixed button module, e.g. ergonomics, styling, rigidity, lightness.

Yes that is the Porsche one introduced at the Sim Expo. All I can say at this time is that there will be other button modules in the future.
    This is why we offer three product lines. Perhaps you should consider the ClubSport range.
    Ich würde ja gerne ein weiteres Lenkrad der ClubSport Range kaufen... leider gibt es da kein 30 cm Lenkrad.
    Aber das Podium Lenkrad ist so wie angeboten auch keine Verlockung. Nur 6 Knöpfe vom CSP Hub? Kein Funky Switch?

Aber abgesehen davon sieht es schon sehr gut aus.
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-r300-1254.html

;)
  • Honestly I still doubt the utility of this podium R300 Wheel. All you had to do was to add a funky switch, I would already preordered it in that case. I may be wrong but this is the only rim in your lineup without a funky switch. It’s the only rim that doesn’t allow a fast setting change, and honestly for that price I will wait for the Porsche one. That’s a shame because I really like the design, and I use vr so I don’t need so many buttons or a display. I really suggest you to give this option to us customers, I don’t think I’m the only one that believes the funky switch is fundamental to sim racers
  • Honestly I still doubt the utility of this podium R300 Wheel. All you had to do was to add a funky switch, I would already preordered it in that case. I may be wrong but this is the only rim in your lineup without a funky switch. It’s the only rim that doesn’t allow a fast setting change, and honestly for that price I will wait for the Porsche one. That’s a shame because I really like the design, and I use vr so I don’t need so many buttons or a display. I really suggest you to give this option to us customers, I don’t think I’m the only one that believes the funky switch is fundamental to sim racers

I totally agree, if the R300 came with or had the option for a funky switch to access the tuning menu I would pre order one right away. The tuning menu was the whole reason I purchased the Fanatec v3 pedals and wheelbase so I could adjust the settings on the fly.
    Honestly I still doubt the utility of this podium R300 Wheel. All you had to do was to add a funky switch, I would already preordered it in that case. I may be wrong but this is the only rim in your lineup without a funky switch. It’s the only rim that doesn’t allow a fast setting change, and honestly for that price I will wait for the Porsche one. That’s a shame because I really like the design, and I use vr so I don’t need so many buttons or a display. I really suggest you to give this option to us customers, I don’t think I’m the only one that believes the funky switch is fundamental to sim racers

I totally agree, if the R300 came with or had the option for a funky switch to access the tuning menu I would pre order one right away. The tuning menu was the whole reason I purchased the Fanatec v3 pedals and wheelbase so I could adjust the settings on the fly.
    You can still do so with our software and you can use a secondary screen or smartphone so you can do it during a race.
    Honestly I still doubt the utility of this podium R300 Wheel. All you had to do was to add a funky switch, I would already preordered it in that case. I may be wrong but this is the only rim in your lineup without a funky switch. It’s the only rim that doesn’t allow a fast setting change, and honestly for that price I will wait for the Porsche one. That’s a shame because I really like the design, and I use vr so I don’t need so many buttons or a display. I really suggest you to give this option to us customers, I don’t think I’m the only one that believes the funky switch is fundamental to sim racers
    There will be more button modules available in future and they come with a display and funky switch.
  • Thanks for your answer Thomas, I really appreciate your commitment and to be so close with your customers. As you say I still can do it with the software or second screen but I think you are missing my point. This is a podium product so if I buy it is because I want the best, especially looking at the price tag, and this is the most expensive rim in your lineup with the lowest functions in your lineup. Honestly I could survive using the software for the settings, but I will miss 4 arrow keys, a confirmation button and a rotary that are all really useful to go through the iRacing black boxes or any game menu, expecially when using vr. As I already said I really like the product, but I won’t buy it as it is. You say there will come other button boxes, but I just saw the Porsche one, and I cannot buy a product that doesn’t satisfy my needs just hoping for some future button boxes, I prefer to wait for the Porsche one. Show me just some pictures of these button boxes, don’t give me the price or the delivery date. I buy something in that price tag because I want to keep it for long term. Thanks
    There will be more button modules available in future and they come with a display and funky switch.

Thanks Thomas Will there be an option for customisable button position like the current universal hub.
  • edited May 2019
    hi! the hub looks perfect. Would you be able to write all the dimensions of the hub in addition to the bolt pattern? / Marcus