Podium peripherals UPDATE: Products are now available for pre-order

Comments

• This is why we offer three product lines. Perhaps you should consider the ClubSport range.
    Ich würde ja gerne ein weiteres Lenkrad der ClubSport Range kaufen... leider gibt es da kein 30 cm Lenkrad.
    Aber das Podium Lenkrad ist so wie angeboten auch keine Verlockung. Nur 6 Knöpfe vom CSP Hub? Kein Funky Switch?

Aber abgesehen davon sieht es schon sehr gut aus.
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-r300-1254.html

;)
    Oh. Ja, das hab ich übersehen. Danke ^^
  • Thomas.....The Podium Hub is not up for pre-order on the Fanatac North American Homepage
  • Joey Hunt said:
    Thomas.....The Podium Hub is not up for pre-order on the Fanatac North American Homepage
    It is... https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/steering-wheel-accessories/podium-hub-1265.html
  • Joey Hunt said:
    Thomas.....The Podium Hub is not up for pre-order on the Fanatac North American Homepage
    It is... https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/steering-wheel-accessories/podium-hub-1265.html

Thanks.... I been waiting to order for the last 2 days...

• Joey Hunt said:
    Joey Hunt said:

Thanks.... I been waiting to order for the last 2 days...

Before I place my pre-order... Are they going to be a package deal or for the Podium Hub, Podium Paddle module and Button Clusters.
    It would seem you would want all 3 for a complete wheel.

• Where is the porsche rim and button plate from last years SimRacing Expo...?

• So in order to use the tuning menu on the fly you must purchase the podium button box, so that means no custom button positions to use with different rims. Is this not a step backwards from the universal hub? All you needed to add was a port for the funky switch and sell the switch separately. Will there be a button box available in the future that we can position the buttons to suit multiple rims like on the current universal hub?
    Some thoughts:

- The Tuning Menu can be accessed via the upcoming Fanatec software.
    - The Podium Button Module Endurance will be compatible with both the R300 and upcoming Porsche rim, and other third-party rims too (we'll provide a template to check this).
    - The Podium Hub is higher spec than the ClubSport Universal Hub in terms of design, materials, and electronics. It is deliberately more 'simple' in its most lightweight configuration.
    - There will be more button modules designs coming, and some of them will also include a FunkySwitch. There are benefits to having a fixed button module, e.g. ergonomics, styling, rigidity, lightness.

Is this Podium Button Module Endurance the porsche buttonplate? Or will there be a package with buttons and encoders/rotary switches (and having as many options as the new Formula V2 or Macca wheel) to build into your own plate? I'm a DIYer and I have a CSW v2 base. Having a set of buttons and stuff to build into my own wheel design would be a great option...
    Yes that is the Porsche one introduced at the Sim Expo. All I can say at this time is that there will be other button modules in the future.
    Hi Dom, about these “button modules” that are coming that include funky switch and display... is this a different product to the button plate we’ve seen? I’m wondering if I bought the podium hub + the extra 6 buttons if those buttons would work in conjunction with the button modules you’re talking about? Also wondering about Console users being able to access the tuning menu since there’s no button for it unless purchasing the new button plate.
  • How do you use menus etc on the PS4 if there is no funky switch/dpad ?
  • Dominic / Thomas, Why are people always complaining on this forum?
    Because we're all technical nerds using high-end equipment from a specialty provider. We're also outside the window where our new products have just arrived (when we're likely to speak glowingly of the things we like about it) and not yet to the release of the next products (when we'll likely do the same). As such, the loudest voices are going to be the ones that want something, or aren't happy with something they have.
  • Are May 31 pre-orders PS4 podium on schedule to ship?  Have not received any email notification.
  • Finally, a new wheel that is not a F1 style wheel.
    Love the look of it. Price a little steep but it is what it is.
    I was gone get a universal clubsport hub but now may have to wait, save some money and see what come out next for it.
    Awesome Fanatec. 
    Thank you
  • Are May 31 pre-orders PS4 podium on schedule to ship?  Have not received any email notification.
    It seems Fanatec works in batch production mode from what I understand.  What I would like to know is how do we know in which batch we are ?  I think it was posted that the second batch will ship mid-late June, but who will be part of that batch ? what was the cutoff date ?  Like me , I ordered early May, my view is that I am part of the second batch, but I am not sure because before 31 May, the pre-order date changed to Mid-August.....am I still ok because I ordered before the change ?   For me it is the whole concept of batch production without giving insight on the cutoff dates that brings a lot of uncertainty.

cheers!

It seems Fanatec works in batch production mode from what I understand.  What I would like to know is how do we know in which batch we are ?  I think it was posted that the second batch will ship mid-late June, but who will be part of that batch ? what was the cutoff date ?  Like me , I ordered early May, my view is that I am part of the second batch, but I am not sure because before 31 May, the pre-order date changed to Mid-August.....am I still ok because I ordered before the change ?   For me it is the whole concept of batch production without giving insight on the cutoff dates that brings a lot of uncertainty.

cheers!

The date you have been shown when ordering your products shows you in which batch you are. If you can't remember just look at the estimated date in your order history :)
  • How does the leather compare to the Forza Motorsport rim? Same stuff, or higher grade?

cheers!

The date you have been shown when ordering your products shows you in which batch you are. If you can't remember just look at the estimated date in your order history :)
    The date that we are shown in my order history is the date for the F1 game release (June 28, there is no specific date for each of the two items)...not the PS4 DD1 if i understand correctly.  When I put my order in, the date for the DD1 was May 31st, it is obviously not going to be the case.  The date on the order page is now Mid-August.  Listen, I am not criticizing anything, production is production with the series of problems it raises. I understand that, sometimes it is not possible to give the clients precise estimates.  The best way in my view is to be open about it and share things as is with the clients. If I am now a Mid-August, so be it, I would just like a bit more information on the process. Cheers!
  • In my order history it still show the targeted ship date as 5/31 for the ps4 dd1. I did send a message last week if that order was projected to ship on time and received back that it would. I do feel like a kid checking presents under the tree since I’m in here daily checking to see if the actual ship date gets updated from its current blank space. Will no for sure by tomorrow.
  • Yes, I would like to have more information, too. The system shows only the date from the PC game. Fanatec says somewhere, that the shop is not able to show the single shipping date, only the last one. As I have ordered, it was shipping date the 14.06.19. I don't want to ask the staff members, because I think they are busy enough. But a general overview, when Wich base is possible would help many of us. e.g. Of you was in the batch for 14.06.19, the batch is delayed to end of June or only the info, that the shipping date is the 14., if it is. Hoping, you know, what I mean. Only a little overview to give an overall information. Because that ship for this batch should be on the way now.

hahahah... because to accomplish what people want you have to be Tony Stark...
    and for me Thomas is really close. hahaah

people is this my friend. want a "extra luxuruous rim... PRRREEMMIUMMM PRREEEMMIUM" BUT... when see the price... everything is sh!t.
  • In my order history it still show the targeted ship date as 5/31 for the ps4 dd1. I did send a message last week if that order was projected to ship on time and received back that it would. I do feel like a kid checking presents under the tree since I’m in here daily checking to see if the actual ship date gets updated from its current blank space. Will no for sure by tomorrow.
    Yup, same experience as you, still showing 5/31 and customer service said it should ship on time..but part of me is not optimistic based on past record..let's hope I am wrong on this and it's not mid August..
  • In the Fanatec YouTube video the podium hub looks like a different shade of gold to the DD wheels base hub. Is this the finished product or will the gold colour match the gold on DD wheelbase?
  • Like the new podium hub. But would like to also see  Podium wheels that are not using the podium hub. for example a gt3 audi wheel that a lot of people want or a wheel like the bmw but podium. Ultimately like the Formula V2 but a licensed current f1 wheel replica. instant buy for me
  • edited May 2019
    I have bought the Formula V2 wheel and am now planning to buy the new podium hub, podium shifters +  a new rim for non F1 racing. What I was wondering is if it is possible to use the standard shifters that comes with the Formula V2 on the new podium hub? The reason is that I would like the new Podium Advanced Shifters on the F1 wheel but would like to avoid the hassle of unscrewing them everytime I switch wheel...
  • The new Audi DTM Wheel please.
    I would sell my mother in law for that :)
  • Ordered mine 
    In my order history it still show the targeted ship date as 5/31 for the ps4 dd1. I did send a message last week if that order was projected to ship on time and received back that it would. I do feel like a kid checking presents under the tree since I’m in here daily checking to see if the actual ship date gets updated from its current blank space. Will no for sure by tomorrow.
    Yup, same experience as you, still showing 5/31 and customer service said it should ship on time..but part of me is not optimistic based on past record..let's hope I am wrong on this and it's not mid August..
    Ordered mine 4/6 for May 31 delivery.  Hopefully I get a shipping confirmation today.
  • Ordered mine on 4/10 for May 31 also waiting for info
  • Regarding the Podium Hub: Are 3rd party manufacturers going to be able to use the connectors and dataport so they can ditch the cable? Or is it going to be encrypted?
    I guess today is the big day, crossing my fingers but still haven't receive any confirmation yet. I think it will likely ship out after 5/31, hopefully it won't be in August...
    I guess today is the big day, crossing my fingers but still haven't receive any confirmation yet. I think it will likely ship out after 5/31, hopefully it won't be in August...
    Well, happy to report that I was wrong on this..at least in my case anyway. Order history shows order shipped :) just waiting for the trk# now. Can't wait to get my hands on the DD1 soon
    Well, happy to report that I was wrong on this..at least in my case anyway. Order history shows order shipped :) just waiting for the trk# now. Can't wait to get my hands on the DD1 soon
    Same wooh hooh