CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited June 2019 in Blog
The original CSL Elite Wheel Base was out of stock in most regions for quite some time now as we were working on an improved version. This CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 is now ready to ship to customers.
  • Same advanced electronics as the PS4 versions of the CSL Elite Wheel base minus the PlayStation security chip.
  • Improved force feedback
  • New appearance with new front plate, silver top and Fanatec logos on the side
It is the perfect entry level to the Fanatec ecosystem if you play on PC or Xbox One (Xbox One steering wheel needed for compatibility). If you already have the original CSL Elite Wheel Base you don't need to bother about upgrading as the changes are not significant enough to justify an upgrade.

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Hi Thomas,
    I'm using the PS4 licensed version and I would love to add these beautiful Fanatec logos to my wheel base. Is there a chance to order a pair of such kind of stickers?
    Cheers,
    Thorsten

• Hello everybody,
    Is my base outdated? I bought them a month ago!

greetings
    Guido
  • Hi Fanatec (all) Um, nice work! Any chance of a Club Sport Wheelbase v3.0, seeing as you seem in the mood for releasing new stuff?? Cheers Doogz
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Hi Thomas,
    I'm using the PS4 licensed version and I would love to add these beautiful Fanatec logos to my wheel base. Is there a chance to order a pair of such kind of stickers?
    Cheers,
    Thorsten
    Yes, we are planning to offer these stickers, stay tuned!

Hello everybody,

greetings
    Guido
    Depends which base you have. If it's the PS4 version, then no, the V1.1 is the same but without PS4 compatibility. If you have the discontinued 'V1' (with the mosaic front plate design), then the V1.1 is indeed better, but as Thomas says in his post, the changes are not that significant in terms of overall performance.
  • Hi Dom Could you please comment on CSL E V1.1 vs CSW v2.5? I am looking at the CSW, but would reconsider if a) the CSL E was nearly as good, or b) if a CSW v3 was just around the corner? Cheers Doogz
  • Hi Thomas,
    Cheers,
    Thorsten

Hello everybody,

greetings
    Guido
    Depends which base you have. If it's the PS4 version, then no, the V1.1 is the same but without PS4 compatibility. If you have the discontinued 'V1' (with the mosaic front plate design), then the V1.1 is indeed better, but as Thomas says in his post, the changes are not that significant in terms of overall performance.

It's the PS4 Version! Sorry

regards 
    Guido

Hi Dom Could you please comment on CSL E V1.1 vs CSW v2.5? I am looking at the CSW, but would reconsider if a) the CSL E was nearly as good, or b) if a CSW v3 was just around the corner? Cheers Doogz
    Hi Dougal, the two CSL bases are now the CSL E WB V1.1 and CSL E WB+. They are the same performance, only that the WB+ is PS4 licensed. These bases use the same motor and motor electronics as the ClubSport WB V2.5. This means that they share some of the improved characteristics of the V2.5 over the ClubSport V2, most notably the advanced 'drift mode', which allows for a more freely spinning wheel without the influence of a static damper.

However, the ClubSport WB V2.5 remains the higher-end device, as it uses a completely different belt mechanism and higher grade materials (more metal components). The ClubSport base is smoother and more precise, and uses a different reduction ratio resulting a higher torque output.
  • Hi guys, im desperate for a help

I'll be on US until June 21 and will be a fanatec customer

I want to buy the 2.5 base with V3 pedals and McLaren Rim, but the V2.5 base is for June 18, so im affraid about delivery

Luckily i will be on Santa Monica, wich is close to the warehouse.

My question is: If i make and pay the order with all the products, you will delivery all of them together right? Because is that what i need...that everything be delivered together on June 18, when 2.5 be available.

Im just waiting a positive answer to make my order and become a Fanatec customer!

PS: if 2.5 delays, i'll definitely buy this 1.1 base, wich looks amazing
  • Is there a CSW V3 coming soon? I was about to buy the V2.5 today but now I’m scared about a v3 coming and don’t know what to do
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Is there a CSW V3 coming soon? I was about to buy the V2.5 today but now I’m scared about a v3 coming and don’t know what to do
    Certainly not this year
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited June 2019

Is there a CSW V3 coming soon? I was about to buy the V2.5 today but now I’m scared about a v3 coming and don’t know what to do
    Certainly not this year.
    Thanks for the answer!

In this case we probably should expect the next CSW wheel to be officially licensed for PS5.
  • Hey Dom. Thanks for the comparison. Is Thomas Jackermeier correct RE CSW v3? ????
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    edited June 2019
    Hey Dom. Thanks for the comparison. Is Thomas Jackermeier correct RE CSW v3? ????
    Hey Dom,

do I know what I am talking about? ;) Please tell Dougal 
    Hey Dom. Thanks for the comparison. Is Thomas Jackermeier correct RE CSW v3? ????
    Hey Dom,

do I know what I am talking about? ;) Please tell Dougal 
    Yes Dougal, it's fair to say that Thomas (our CEO) knows what he's talking about! :)
  • Hi all ... Aha! Long time user, first time forum poster. Thanks for the introduction and the role clarification ... love your gear. Cheers, Dougal
  • edited June 2019
    Hi guys, im desperate for a help

I want to buy the 2.5 base with V3 pedals and McLaren Rim, but the V2.5 base is for June 18, so im affraid about delivery

My question is: If i make and pay the order with all the products, you will delivery all of them together right? Because is that what i need...that everything be delivered together on June 18, when 2.5 be available.

Im just waiting a positive answer to make my order and become a Fanatec customer!

You're not likely get an answer in this forum, please contact Fanatec Sales (Webshop) via the website.
  • Hi guys, im desperate for a help

You're not likely get an answer in this forum, please contact Fanatec Sales (Webshop) via the website.
    Yes im trying....i will be in US until June 21 and the 2.5 looks to be available in June 18, so im trying to see if it will be possible to buy them...

Thanks for the help
  • Hello everybody, Is this wheelbase compatible with the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2?.
  • Hello everybody, Is this wheelbase compatible with the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2?.
    EVERY steering wheel is compatible with this base.
  • Ok, thnx maurice????
  • edited June 2019
    Any news regarding the availability of those stickers?

Hi Thomas,
    Cheers,
    Thorsten

Any news regarding the availability of those stickers?

No news at the moment Thorsten.
  • Tobias GruberTobias Gruber Member
    edited June 2019
    jungs jungs, das mit dem schreiben üben wir aber nochmal ;) 

auf der deutschen produktseite der csl elite 1.1 findet sich ein tippfehler:

"Ultra-geschmeidiges Fahrgefühl und reines ***Ford*** Feedback Erlebnis"

kann ja mal vorkommen.. vielleicht findet sich auch jemand der es eben richtet

reingehauen
    Tobi

• edited November 2019

Dominic, what is the state of play regarding those stickers mentioned above? - Many thanks!

Apologies for two posts. But I had some trouble editing the previous one.

• Hi Dominic,

here comes my wholehearted THANK YOU to you. On January 2nd I received a small package from you including some of my higly desired Fanatec stickers. I placed two of them on my wheel base which looks so much better now! And you can bet on that I will find other places as well.

So once agin many thanks!

Cheers,

Thorsten