Podium peripherals UPDATE: Products are now available for pre-order

Comments

• Is the Podium Hub compatible with the regular shifters that come on the clubsport formula rims?
  • I preordered Podium Hub some days ago and there was no possibility to add the F1 2019 game key. Now according to the website it should be possible.
    Could you please confirm? In that case do I have to write support asking for order cancellation and then make a new one?
    Which wheel did you purchase with the Podium Hub?
    No Need to purchase a Wheel/Rim, the Podium Hud itself counts as a wheel. Well, it kinda is a wheel so I think it's only fair that purchasing the Podium Hub alone is "enough" to get the key for F1 2019.
    Yes, but when I ordered the Podium Hub itself the option to add the F1 key (and the written part in re "Buy a Fanatec steering and you can get....") was not available. So it was impossible for me to add them before buying.
  • I preordered Podium Hub some days ago and there was no possibility to add the F1 2019 game key. Now according to the website it should be possible.
    Could you please confirm? In that case do I have to write support asking for order cancellation and then make a new one?
    Which wheel did you purchase with the Podium Hub?
    No Need to purchase a Wheel/Rim, the Podium Hud itself counts as a wheel. Well, it kinda is a wheel so I think it's only fair that purchasing the Podium Hub alone is "enough" to get the key for F1 2019.
    Yes, but when I ordered the Podium Hub itself the option to add the F1 key (and the written part in re "Buy a Fanatec steering and you can get....") was not available. So it was impossible for me to add them before buying.
    I'm sure you can report this and get the key afterwards. :-)
  • The Podium Hub is no Wheel!
  • The Podium Hub is no Wheel!
    Of course it's not a complete wheel, that's why I said "kind of a wheel". A hub basically is a wheel without a rim. And considering a 130€ rim gives you the "permission" for a F1 2019 key, the Podium Hub should definitly too! That's all I wanted to say.
  • The status is that we have pushed back the release for stability improvements and feature additions.
    I respect that software isn't as simple as clicking "make it stable", but at the same time, this isn't in line with modern development practice. Ideally, once you have the minimum viable product, you release it and then add shippable increments each sprint.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Please contact the sales team, they should be able to add the key to your order.
  • edited June 2019
    Support said that wasn’t possible when I emailed them a few weeks ago. My order is due for shipment next week.
  • Hello,
    I have not really understood the Podium R300 and what might come in the future.  
    I'm struggling to see the benefit of this, compared to the other options which seem to have many more buttons possible, funky switch, joystick, etc.  I understand it has the new paddles and hub, but its not clear to me how this will functionally be a better option than the other wheel choices already available?
    Any insight or clarification can help me understand whether to pre-order, or not.
    Thanks

• Thanks for all the answers, very helpful
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Is the Podium Hub compatible with the regular shifters that come on the clubsport formula rims?
    The regular 'ClubSport' shifters do not work on the Podium Hub.

Support said that wasn’t possible when I emailed them a few weeks ago. My order is due for shipment next week.
    It is possible that support were not aware at that time that the Podium Hub was eligible for the offer. Please send an email to the sales team to clarify this: webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com.

Hello,
    I have not really understood the Podium R300 and what might come in the future.  
    I'm struggling to see the benefit of this, compared to the other options which seem to have many more buttons possible, funky switch, joystick, etc.  I understand it has the new paddles and hub, but its not clear to me how this will functionally be a better option than the other wheel choices already available?
    Any insight or clarification can help me understand whether to pre-order, or not.
    Thanks

Hi Murray,

Indeed, the Podium Steering Wheel R300 in this form is quite 'simple' in some ways, much like the barebones Podium Hub is deliberately minimal and uncluttered. This is because they are designed as high-end, modular components. You may have seen the prototype Porsche 911 wheel we displayed at last year's SimExpo. This uses an advanced button module inspired by the endurance spec race car, which we are calling the Podium Button Module Endurance (not yet available). This component is also compatible with the R300. If you upgrade the Podium Racing Wheel R300 with this component, it would add many more buttons, plus toggle switches, multi-position switches, Tuning Menu access, FunkySwitch, and a larger OLED display than our Formula V2 models. Other button modules are also planned.
  • It is possible that support were not aware at that time that the Podium Hub was eligible for the offer. Please send an email to the sales team to clarify this: webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com.
    I actually bought the McLaren wheel, but I ordered just before the F1 deal there. As the rim is not shipped until mid June and I can't cancel my order to buy again because the wheel is tied to my DD1 order, I can't put the game deal on the wheel myself. When I explained this to support, they said that the F1 deal has to be tied to a wheel. But as I said, I can't cancel my order as it's tied to the DD1. The DD1 is more expensive now and I'll lose my batch 2 seed if I cancel and order again.
  • Hi Dominic!

When you say the podium software was pushed because of stability issues and feature additions, is there a new release date ? 
  • Hi Dominic!

When you say the podium software was pushed because of stability issues and feature additions, is there a new release date ? 
    Would you believe any date they gave at this point?

May as well just wait until it is released and be surprised rather than building up yet another expectation to be let down by...
  • i never bound anyone for a predicted release date, but i do like estimates, its more worrying when there are none :)
  • Brandon BoydBrandon Boyd Member
    edited June 2019
    I really want to give you guys the benefit of the doubt, but you cannot miss every single deadline and not massively alienate your customer base. It's fine if you quote a later release window, just stop promising something and then failing. Every. Single. Time.

It pisses all of us loyal customers off and makes us second guess continued business. And for fucks sake, deliver orders in the order they were paid for. Skipping over the early orders for the PS4 kits is an absolute **** move. 
  • On the topic of "what would you like to see in the podium tuning software"; I'd love to have the feature set of both irFFB and SLIMax available right from the Fanatec software.

• It also works with an industry emergency stop...
  • Hello,
    Does anyone know if the second batch of DDs is still due to be shipped on the 4th of June in Europe?
    Cheers.
  • Hello,
    Does anyone know if the second batch of DDs is still due to be shipped on the 4th of June in Europe?
    Cheers.
    14th of June if
  • I have not powered down my DD1 since I got it up and running.  Is there any reason to power it off?
  • I have not powered down my DD1 since I got it up and running.  Is there any reason to power it off?
    Power saving to save money and OLED screen protection to not get the legendary OLED burn-in effect... Also as the fan on the rear is always on you extremely lower the lifespan of the fan I think. Why don't you power it down....? IF your base is affected from the power button issue you will get a replacement so there is literally no reason to not power down the Base.
    Power saving to save money and OLED screen protection to not get the legendary OLED burn-in effect... Also as the fan on the rear is always on you extremely lower the lifespan of the fan I think. Why don't you power it down....? IF your base is affected from the power button issue you will get a replacement so there is literally no reason to not power down the Base.
    Habit, I never power down my V2/2.5.  I don't power any other device that is attached to the PC when I power down the PC and they all turn themselves off, even the wireless headset.  That said I can reach through the 80/20 chassis and under the monitor from my seat and get to the power switch.  So I'll learn a new habit.
  • By using the torque graph screen I noticed that while my DD1 was on it was constantly outputting a tiny bit of force. About 0.01 NM. I figure that was a good enough reason to get into the habit of switching it off when not in use.
    Excellent work. Please let us know when you can share the wiring diagram Noel. It would be greatly appreciated!
  • I have DD1 & steering wheel F1 2018. Do you have roadmap of podium pedals like V3 or F1 ? Thank you
  • Any news about APM delivery for people who was delayed on first batch?
  • Any news about APM delivery for people who was delayed on first batch?
    I got a email . delivery at 12/6
    Excellent work. Please let us know when you can share the wiring diagram Noel. It would be greatly appreciated!
    It's not my video but check it out in the comments from Youtube!
  • Thanks Noel.