Mircosoft announces compatibility of Xbox One Accessories with next gen console Project Scarlett

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited July 2019 in Blog
Good news for owners of Fanatec Xbox One steering wheels!

Not only can you play all your current games on the new console you can also sync your achievements and most of all continue to use your accessories as it all comes forward with Scarlett.

It is a very user friendly move which will make existing customers very happy and makes sure that your investment in expensive peripherals is not wasted as soon as the new console launches.

Now personally I hope that PlayStation does the same and everyone will be happy. 

Comments

• Good news
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Great move by MS. Now lets hope they open up more support for all the great Fanatec wheel features. Rev lights, Rotary controls, pedal vibrations, etc.
  • That seems like a first and very good news.
  • Great move by MS. Now lets hope they open up more support for all the great Fanatec wheel features. Rev lights, Rotary controls, pedal vibrations, etc.
    It would be great. 
  •  @Sony,

did you hear that?

;) ;) 
  • A massive relief!!!
  •  @Sony,

did you hear that?
  • edited June 2019
    Can you teach Turn10 what FFB is? Apparently they don't understand how it works. Every time they update it gets worse. It feels like all the axles are bent and the rubbers are worn out. Difference between ACC and Forza is not a day but years so bad. Thank you in advance.
    ^:)^
  • Good thing. Now someone could force Sony again to accept whole line of bases/wheels.
  • Awesome news! That means this is the first console generation where this is going to be the case, ever! Yes, please Sony, follow suit.
  • The decision is a great one but it's waaaaaaaaaay too late for me.
    MS was already a no go with incompatible accessories between previous gens, but when Sony decided to do the same (without any technical justification on their side) I decided to completely switch on the PC side and don't plan to come back.
  • Mircosoft announces compatibility of Xbox One Accessories with next gen console Project Scarlett

• Not only can you play all your currect games on the new console you can also sync your achievements and most of all continue to use your accessories as it all comes forward with Scarlett.

Word should be "current".

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Thanks Chris.
  • This is great news.

But the bigger question in my mind is are we going to get better compatibility with current Fanatec products such as the BMW GT2 wheel or Porsche 918 RSR wheel? 

What about the new wheels coming out (eventually) like that beautiful Porsche GT3 racing wheel we saw in that video some months back? Will these new wheels be compatible with the next gen Xbox? 

I hope so.
  • Even when I have Xbox-compatible wheels/hubs, I use Drivehub to use those other wheels on Xbox, as well as in PS4's side(I don't have any "official" wheel/hubs for PS4).
  • Friend,

Do we have an advantage in using DriveHub on the Xbox even though it has a compatible base and steering wheel? I have a Base V2 + Pedal V2 + Formula V2 Steering Wheel (And this rim unfortunately does not turn on the LEDs nor does it allow to use several of the available buttons - I tested in F1 019).

Any indication of improvement?
  • It's only partial good news. For those owning the Mclaren or F1 wheels, nothing changes as long as there is no full compatibility. For that reason, like Steve, I switched back to PC gaming with all it's pros and cons, and even there it's almost imp[ossible to get full button support on for instance F1 2019. Still consider it amazing that there is no full keyboard/button support with Xbox One and companies pointing towards each other when asked who's responsibility it is to implement support for wheels like the recent F1 series. 
  • Any idea if PS4 compatible products will still be compatible with the PS5 as well?
  • Nobody can answer this atm
  • Frank FishFrank Fish Member
    edited September 2019
    Sony will answer this in due time.  On one hand I expect Sony to follow suit as they are making a concerted effort to integrate PS4 and PS5.  This has been discussed by various Sony reps in to varying degrees.  For example, Sony announced long before Microsoft did that cross-generational play was planned between new PS4 and PS5 multiplayer games.  But, on the other hand, Mark Cerny (PS4 and PS5 lead designer) has publicly stated that Sony still consider gaming generations to be more traditional and "separate", which differs from Microsoft's current approach.  Sony believe separate generations is arguably the most effective way to maximize experiences on the new console (not having to use last gen as a lowest common denominator, etc).  But it's a different time now in gaming and I do think Sony recognize this.  It's complicated and can be interpreted several ways so who knows if that applies to their thinking with regards to accessories.  If I had to guess, I think Sony will follow suit and ensure that PS4 accessories are compatible on PS5, but I won't say it's certain. I am sure we'll know soon enough.
  • Have been holding off purchasing the Podium racing wheel with PS4 compatibility until I know it will be PS5 compatible. Tempted to stick with PC and not bother waiting, which opens up a whole lot of other options for DD wheels.