Podium peripherals UPDATE: Products are now available for pre-order

Comments

• Hi, I noticed the podium hub has a black quick release on the preorder page. Is it how this will be shipped or it will be gold like the one showed with Porsche 911 buttons
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Yi Qiao said:
    Hi, I noticed the podium hub has a black quick release on the preorder page. Is it how this will be shipped or it will be gold like the one showed with Porsche 911 buttons
    The quick release has a black sleeve, as it appears on the product page.
  • Hello,
    Does anyone know if the second batch of DDs is still due to be shipped on the 4th of June in Europe?
    Cheers.
    14th of June if
    Yeah, still scheduled delivery this friday? Also curious to know. :-) 
  • Does the gold of the podium hub match the gold of the DD1, it looks a different shade of gold?
  • Chad HermannChad Hermann Member
    edited June 2019
    Fanatec staff,

I have sent a email on Friday and followed up on that email 3 times plus contacted you on social media and no one is responding. What gives??

I preordered your Podium Paddles December 9th 2018 and you have not shipped them. However you are shipping them out to people that ordered them LAST MONTH????? I can confirm someone in the US here ordered his May 26th 2019 and he has his already. 

Super pissed off at how bad you guys are with your orders and how you handle them and then your lack of contact on such a sloppy handling of this situation.
  • Hello fanatec team Can you officially communicate on the date of sending the PODIIUM APM, which must be delivered by June 18 (with reference to your emails of April 17) I think this will reassure everyone and cut short rumors Thank you for your excellent products
  • do I have to wait a long time? I am already completely restless. podium ps4
  • Does the gold of the podium hub match the gold of the DD1, it looks a different shade of gold?

• Gibt es ein Statement zur Auslieferung der DD Wheels der zweiten Charge? Ich warte auf mein DD1 das morgen kommen soll? Bisher habe ich aber weder eine Versandbestätigung oder eine Verschiebung oder sonstiges erhalten. Wäre toll wenn es da eine klare Information geben würde. Ich nehme an es warten einige auf ihr DD Wheel morgen!
  • Gibt es ein Statement zur Auslieferung der DD Wheels der zweiten Charge? Ich warte auf mein DD1 das morgen kommen soll? Bisher habe ich aber weder eine Versandbestätigung oder eine Verschiebung oder sonstiges erhalten. Wäre toll wenn es da eine klare Information geben würde. Ich nehme an es warten einige auf ihr DD Wheel morgen!
    Several people contacted the support and got told that shipping of second batch will be in time tomorrow. The 14.06.2019 date is not the delivery but the shipping date. Quite a difference.

Well, obviously those are two different gold tones, yes.
  • Ok Thanks for the Answer!

So they are the final colours of the product? Why use different colours for the Podium range?
  • Hello,

• For those who live in Europe, have you received a message for sending the classic podium or Ps4?
    Apparently, it would be today!
  • For those who live in Europe, have you received a message for sending the classic podium or Ps4?
    Apparently, it would be today!

Not just yet, but it (the mail) should come later today!  

So they are the final colours of the product? Why use different colours for the Podium range?
    The QR sleeve of the Formula v2 F1 2018 Steering wheel and the APM also have a different gold color compared to the DD. The Podium Hub gold seems to match the gold of the APM and the QR sleeve of the F1 2018 wheel pretty fine. Most likely different materials give different gold. Color tones.
  • Pierre DARNESPierre DARNES Member
    edited June 2019

Still nothing, for the expedition of the podiums?
  • I received a tracking # yesterday and received my (base only) DD1 today. Placed my order on 4-4.
  • The Podium APM come with 2 sets of shifter paddles, Will it be possible to order the Podium carbon paddles separately? If I purchase the Podium R300 package can I buy the F1 style carbon paddles separately?

• Still nothing, for the expedition of the podiums?
    I dont have tracking number yet. Placed on 6 May. It should have been sent on Friday
  • Hi Dom.
    Can you explain why the Clubsport shifters from a F1 2019 will not fit the Podium hub? You stated that the hub wasn't compatible with clubsport shifters in a previous answer. (christophers question at top of page 6).

If the APMs are compatible with both the podium hub and the latest F1 clubsport wheels.(according to product page) Why cant the existing clubsport shifters from a F1 2019 not fit the podium hub? Or even the shifters from a xbox hub?
    Surely the pin out /connections/ fitments must be the same to be compatible with both?  

Intend buying hub and using F1 2019 shifters on it and use  APMs on the F1 rim till the button plates get released.

Also any more info on the data out port on the hub? Can it be used to power phones etc, or can it be used to carry data from the game to a sli dash or sim instruments dash etc. Whats it purpose? Xbox hub also has it but never found a use or understood what it does.
  • edited June 2019
    the Podium hub does not have the small contact sockets that the F1 2019 shifters use
  • @Thomas Jackermeier Dein Laden sollte mal gründlich erneuert werden. Wenn Menschen ihr teuer Erspartes Geld ausgeben, sollte man auch ehrlich mit Ihnen umgehen. Am 14.6 sollte der 2 Batch an DD rausgehen. Mehrfache Nachfrage beim Verkauf brachte schwache Vertrösungen. Warum habt Ihr nicht den Arsch in der Hose und sagt wie es ist?! Falls Ihr einen PR Sprecher sucht, der ehrlich und trotzdem loyal zu eurer Firma ist..... hier wäre ich. Und jetzt warte ich auf mein PS4 Podium. Das musste einfach mal raus! Gruß Kai
  • please no fanatec f1 podium rim but instean REPLICA F1 podium rim !!
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    The QR sleeve of the Formula v2 F1 2018 Steering wheel and the APM also have a different gold color compared to the DD. The Podium Hub gold seems to match the gold of the APM and the QR sleeve of the F1 2018 wheel pretty fine. Most likely different materials give different gold. Color tones.
    That's correct, the base-side QR has a slightly different appearance than our anodised aluminium components due to the different material and durability requirements.

The Podium APM come with 2 sets of shifter paddles, Will it be possible to order the Podium carbon paddles separately? If I purchase the Podium R300 package can I buy the F1 style carbon paddles separately?
    The Podium Steering Wheel R300 is not pre-assembled. If you purchase this, you will receive a Podium Advanced Paddle Module package with both types of shifters.

Hi Dom.
    Can you explain why the Clubsport shifters from a F1 2019 will not fit the Podium hub? You stated that the hub wasn't compatible with clubsport shifters in a previous answer. (christophers question at top of page 6).

If the APMs are compatible with both the podium hub and the latest F1 clubsport wheels.(according to product page) Why cant the existing clubsport shifters from a F1 2019 not fit the podium hub? Or even the shifters from a xbox hub?
    Surely the pin out /connections/ fitments must be the same to be compatible with both?  

Intend buying hub and using F1 2019 shifters on it and use  APMs on the F1 rim till the button plates get released.

Also any more info on the data out port on the hub? Can it be used to power phones etc, or can it be used to carry data from the game to a sli dash or sim instruments dash etc. Whats it purpose? Xbox hub also has it but never found a use or understood what it does.
    Hi David,

As Torbjørn says, the Podium Hub PCBA does not have connectors for the ClubSport shifters. This allowed the Podium Hub to be made more compact and lighter, which was a design priority.

The main purpose of the dataport is to support the upcoming button modules. The first one is planned to be the Podium Button Module Endurance, which was shown as part of the Porsche GT3 R prototype wheel revealed at last year's Sim Expo, but there are more in development. The Podium Hub supports a direct connection for the two button clusters and the Advanced Paddle Module inputs, but the dataport allows for much more advanced communication, supporting more buttons and inputs than you could ever need. It is a digital communication bus, so bi-directional communication is also possible (for example the display of the Button Module Endurance). We have some plans for expanding the potential of this port beyond button modules, but they are not being detailed at this time.
  • Good evening, who had this order shipped for his DD1 BASE or DD1 PS4?
  • After contacting Fanatec they told me that my DD1 PS4 would shipped today, and that I receive the tracking at the end of the shipment day.
    As today is not over yet, lets see what happens.
  • Kotzt mich so an. Versprechungen werden nicht gehalten der CEO meldet sich nur wenn es was positives zu berichten gibt. Was stimmt mit euerm Laden nicht? Wieder kein Versand. Wieder keine Info warum nicht! Geht man so mit Kunden um?? NEIN !!!!
  • Good evening Daniel, the date of dispatch of your order is estimated at when on your tracking of order? Me too it was for today! On my order it is always marked Payment received.