Podium peripherals UPDATE: Products are now available for pre-order

Comments

• Dominic Brennan said:
    The main purpose of the dataport is to support the upcoming button modules. The first one is planned to be the Podium Button Module Endurance, which was shown as part of the Porsche GT3 R prototype wheel revealed at last year's Sim Expo, but there are more in development. The Podium Hub supports a direct connection for the two button clusters and the Advanced Paddle Module inputs, but the dataport allows for much more advanced communication, supporting more buttons and inputs than you could ever need. It is a digital communication bus, so bi-directional communication is also possible (for example the display of the Button Module Endurance). We have some plans for expanding the potential of this port beyond button modules, but they are not being detailed at this time.
    Do you think it might be possible that third party steering wheels could use that port? Those Precision Sim Engineering wheels are looking pretty amazing these days. Would be really could to be able to interface with the USB port on the hub.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Dominic Brennan said:
    The main purpose of the dataport is to support the upcoming button modules. The first one is planned to be the Podium Button Module Endurance, which was shown as part of the Porsche GT3 R prototype wheel revealed at last year's Sim Expo, but there are more in development. The Podium Hub supports a direct connection for the two button clusters and the Advanced Paddle Module inputs, but the dataport allows for much more advanced communication, supporting more buttons and inputs than you could ever need. It is a digital communication bus, so bi-directional communication is also possible (for example the display of the Button Module Endurance). We have some plans for expanding the potential of this port beyond button modules, but they are not being detailed at this time.
    Do you think it might be possible that third party steering wheels could use that port? Those Precision Sim Engineering wheels are looking pretty amazing these days. Would be really could to be able to interface with the USB port on the hub.
    The dataport uses a USB type connector but it does not allow USB communication. Unfortunately I can only repeat what I said above - we have some plans for this but they are not being detailed right now.
  • Hello Dominic, can you tell us where are the shipments of DD1 and DD1 PS4? This was scheduled for Tuesday, June 18, but no news! Thank you
    Hello Dominic, can you tell us where are the shipments of DD1 and DD1 PS4? This was scheduled for Tuesday, June 18, but no news! Thank you
    Hi Pierre, unfortunately we had to stagger the shipments over a few days. The majority of units shipped on the 18th, and the last units from this batch are shipping today. It is possible that your unit shipped yesterday but you haven't received tracking information yet.

• Still nothing received, not mail!
    My order status has not changed!
    Always marked: Payment verified
    Just to know, if my order is informally a delay of sending information, but that my order is left?
  • Is there a new approximate release date for the Beta Podium software?

• I have a DD2 comming one of the next days, just have a question.....
    Unless I am wrong, I believe that connecting a clubsport wheelbase to a computer had to be done to a usb 2 port to not cause issues, please correct me if I am wrong.  Does the same apply to the DD2, or can I connect it to an usb 3 port?
  • David BurtonDavid Burton Member
    edited June 2019

Hi David,

As Torbjørn says, the Podium Hub PCBA does not have connectors for the ClubSport shifters. This allowed the Podium Hub to be made more compact and lighter, which was a design priority.

So forgive me from being thick but...…. The APM fits the F1 2019 socket correct? They also fit the Podium hub.....correct?  If they fit both surely the clubsport 2019 shifters are backwards compatible?, or is it just the physical size of the clubsport shifters plug that are the problem or the pin out? Confusing me as the product page says he APM can be used on F1 2019 and podium rims. So what comes out of the 2019 rim must fit the podium rim surely. (plug wise)
    Are we talking electronically in compatable or physical hardware mounting (screw location) or the size of the electronic plug?
    Sorry to keep asking but looking to buy APM and hub but want the APM for the F1 2019 and move the shifters from that to the Podium hub. 

• Sorry , cant work out how to get my question outside "quote text"....always shows my comment in the quote.

• David, the ClubSport Shifters of the Formula Wheel will not fit the Podium Hub, it uses a different pin layout and is a lot smaller compared to the APM connection port. Your plan is not gonna work.
  • Ignore my previous messages. Understand more now after watching your latest video. 2pin on clubsport and 4 on APM. So obviously the 2 pin wont fit the Podium hub like it fits in the 4 pin(APM ready) clubsport rim?
    Ignore my previous messages. Understand more now after watching your latest video. 2pin on clubsport and 4 on APM. So obviously the 2 pin wont fit the Podium hub like it fits in the 4 pin(APM ready) clubsport rim?
    That's correct.
  • omg. Today my podium wheel ps4 came. I just played 5min and I am incredibly excited. Great job you did there. I think there is every cent justified.
    omg. Today my podium wheel ps4 came. I just played 5min and I am incredibly excited. Great job you did there. I think there is every cent justified.
    Thanks for your feedback Ercan! Happy racing :)
  • omg. Today my podium wheel ps4 came. I just played 5min and I am incredibly excited. Great job you did there. I think there is every cent justified.
    Thanks for your feedback Ercan! Happy racing :)
    I will definitely have that. many thanks.
  • Mike BoltMike Bolt Member
    edited June 2019
    I received my podium racing wheel on monday and I would just like to say a massive thank you to everyone at fanatec in making such a awsome product, its unbelievable so so happy with it money justified for sure, can't wait for more podium products coming in the future super excited.
  • Pierre DARNESPierre DARNES Member
    edited June 2019

Good evening,
    I have a problem with the wheel of the podium Ps4, I go to the old flywheel mc laren, otherwise I could not do installation.
    In short I put the basic wheel, and it walked 3 minutes then blocked!
    Forced to turn off the base then turned on, and hop 3 minutes blocked and no buttons work!
    Still, he is well on the wheel.
    So I put the flying mc laren back, and no worries!
    Where does the problem come from, the steering wheel supplied with the base?
    Thank you!
    @Pierre I don't quite understand what you mean, and I wouldn't want to misdiagnose the problem based on this description. I recommend that you contact our support team and try to show the problem clearly on a video.
  • hey dear fanatec team. on my podium wheel, the cover comes off to the left. What should I do without compromising the warranty
  • hey dear fanatec team. on my podium wheel, the cover comes off to the left. What should I do without compromising the warranty
    Do you mean the covers on Podium base? There are three covers (left, right, top) just attached by magnets. Simply take it off and back on where it should be. :)
  • Any chance for an Xbox one compatible podium hub??
    Seeing as I did not get a response.  Will there be any way to make the podium hub compatible with the Xbox one.  Steering wheel button plate etc?
    Seeing as I did not get a response.  Will there be any way to make the podium hub compatible with the Xbox one.  Steering wheel button plate etc?
    Sorry for missing your question Richard. It is not possible to make the Podium Hub compatible with Xbox One, and there are no plans for a button module that would enable Xbox One compatibility. It's worth noting that the upcoming Podium Button Module Endurance will be compatible with the ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One.
    Do you mean the covers on Podium base? There are three covers (left, right, top) just attached by magnets. Simply take it off and back on where it should be. :)
    the one on the left goes off. I would have thought that the glued. but then I know. Many Thanks.
  • I cannot find a specific customer service option in your support menus for this issue so I suppose I will ask for help here. I received my download code for F1 2019 today. When trying to redeem this code I get a message from the play station store saying the code may not be correct or may no longer be valid. I have insured I am typing in the correct code that was emailed to me and reflected on my order in my order history. Please help, thank you.
  • The only problem I had was with Steam making me run the gauntlet.  Taking 40 minutes to load with a 80mps connection.

• Well at least you got your F1 Legends codes.  Still waiting for mine :/   (original missed out of the early Podium Hub order)

I cannot find a specific customer service option in your support menus for this issue so I suppose I will ask for help here. I received my download code for F1 2019 today. When trying to redeem this code I get a message from the play station store saying the code may not be correct or may no longer be valid. I have insured I am typing in the correct code that was emailed to me and reflected on my order in my order history. Please help, thank you.
    Hi Grant, there was an issue with the PS4 US keys, this has now been resolved. Please try redeeming your code again.
  • Azerbaijan is a real blast.  iRacing would never build it so it made F1 2019 worth while! The Ferrari 312 T2 is music to my ears.
  • edited June 2019
    The fact there is no way to use clubsport shifter on that podium hub is a big let down. Can’t have a 90 f1 paddle shifter wheel with those 3 paddles. Not era accurate... and the QR cannot be changed on the xbox hub If the pin number is the problem sell adaptor for it ?
  • edited June 2019
    Question aboug the new hub and V2 wheel base cause this is on the product page: 'Compatible but discontinued bases (ClubSport V2 and CSL Elite WB V1) do not allow Tuning Menu access via the Fanatec software. The Tuning Menu must be accessed via a suitable display/button module (not yet available) connected to the Podium Hub or by attaching a different steering wheel to the wheel base.' Cause I have a V2 can I tune my settings with my BMW rim and then switch to a custom wheel on the podium hub? That is how I read this. Correct me if I'm wrong.