F1 2019/2020/2021 (PS4) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited December 2021 in F1 20xx
General Notes:
- The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for F1 2019/2020/2021 (PS4). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point.

- In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.

- For the Podium Series settings, it is assumed that the Torque Key is being used.

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

- The Tuning Menu settings for the Podium wheel base includes the new features introduced with the Performance Update (Driver version 352 or higher).

Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 40
FFS Peak
NDP 20
NFR 2
NIN 0
INT 3
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

*SPR has no effect, DPR is directly associated with 'Wheel Damper' slider in game settings.

In-Game Settings:
Vibration & Force Feedback: On
Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 65
On Track Effects: 10
Rumblestrip Effects: 25
Off Track Effects: 25
Wheel Damper: 10
Understeer Enhance: Off
Maximum Wheel Rotation: 360

CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™ / CSL Elite F1® Set

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 360
FF 100
SHO 100
BLI User Preference
DRI -03
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference
FEI 060

*SPR has no effect, DPR is directly connected to the Wheel Friction in-game setting.

In-Game Settings:
Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 80
Rumblestrip Effects: 15
Off Track Effects: 20

Gran Turismo DD Pro (PlayStation Compatibility Mode - Purple LED)

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 360
FF 100
FFS Peak
NDP 40
NFR 6
NIN 0
INT 4
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

*SPR has no effect, DPR is directly associated with 'Wheel Damper' slider in game settings.

In-Game Settings:
Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 80
Rumblestrip Effects: 25
Off Track Effects: 25
Wheel Damper: 0

Comments

• Maybe I am stupid but how does it work with key you get for f1 2019 ps4? If I go to the PS store I can only download the game after payment. And the code I have gotten is 12 digits and the discount code is only 10 digits long. So can somebody explain this because the email I received from fanatec was very brief
  • lee edwardslee edwards Member
    edited June 2019

• Use it on the Redeem Codes section down the bottom on the far left scrolling part of the PlayStation Store App...
  • Got code today gonna be interesting to see if there are improvements over 2018 version. Now considering Fanatec e-sport partnership my expectations are very high :)
  • Got the code today, of course it doesn't work?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Got the code today, of course it doesn't work?
    I believe the game hasn't unlocked in the US yet, Aaron.
  • Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited June 2019
    Really, when does that happen then, sometime today ? It shows legends edition is available in the store, just says my code isn't applicable to the content.
  • Use it on the Redeem Codes section down the bottom on the far left scrolling part of the PlayStation Store App...
    I got a 12 digit code and de redeem code is only 10 digits so this will not work
  • edited June 2019
    Will the extra buttons/switches/rotary encoders of the new wheels work in F1-2019 ( they did not in F1-2018 )?
    I would already know the answer to this if my game key was valid... :)

Thanks!
  • Will the extra buttons/switches/rotary encoders of the new wheels work in F1-2019 ( they did not in F1-2018 )?

Thanks!
    So far they don’t...not on PS4 anyway...the F1 2018 LE rim has the exact same functionality as on f1 2018. They do have a controller profile for the ClubSport V2 rim so maybe there’s hope down the line it could be patched in. I’m not holding my breath though and will probably be making the switch to PC soon where, as I understand it, the extra buttons and such are either already supported or can be supported through the use of 3rd party software such as FanaLEDs. It was a bummer too because I though for sure it would be with the Fanatec video with Lee Mather and David Greco came out then especially when, about 2 weeks ago, the left joystick starting working to look around the car in GT Sport.

• Will the extra buttons/switches/rotary encoders of the new wheels work in F1-2019 ( they did not in F1-2018 )?

Thanks!
    So far they don’t...not on PS4 anyway...the F1 2018 LE rim has the exact same functionality as on f1 2018. They do have a controller profile for the ClubSport V2 rim so maybe there’s hope down the line it could be patched in. I’m not holding my breath though and will probably be making the switch to PC soon where, as I understand it, the extra buttons and such are either already supported or can be supported through the use of 3rd party software such as FanaLEDs. It was a bummer too because I though for sure it would be with the Fanatec video with Lee Mather and David Greco came out then especially when, about 2 weeks ago, the left joystick starting working to look around the car in GT Sport.
    What happens if you select the clubsport V2 or even the podium F1 as controller in the settings?

Thanks!
    What happens if you select the clubsport V2 or even the podium F1 as controller in the settings?
    It doesn’t register any of the rotaries if you try to bind them to something I.e fuel settings, ers settings, brake bias, diff settings or whatever
  • General Notes:
    - The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for F1 2019 (PS4). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point.

- In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.

- For the Podium Series settings, it is assumed that the Torque Key is being used.

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
    SEN AUT
    FF 40
    SHO 100
    ABS User Preference
    FOR 100
    SPR 100*
    DPR 100*
    NDP 25
    NFR 5
    BRF User Preference
    FEI 100

In-Game Settings:
    Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 70
    Wheel Damper: 5

CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
    SEN 360
    FF 100
    SHO 100
    ABS User Preference
    DRI -03
    FOR 100
    SPR 100*
    DPR 100*
    BRF User Preference
    FEI 060

*SPR has no effect, DPR is directly connected to the Wheel Friction in-game setting.

In-Game Settings:
    Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 70
    Do you need to adjust any of the brake saturation or linearity settings in-game for the ClubSport V3s loadcell to work correctly like I’ve heard people talk about for games like iRacing?

Thanks!
    It doesn’t register any of the rotaries if you try to bind them to something I.e fuel settings, ers settings, brake bias, diff settings or whatever
    This is a real shame as the developers have the information to implement the functionality on PS4(will not work on Xbox). I am not holding my breath, but perhaps it will be implemented at a later date via an update by CM.

Thanks!
    What?!?!? A special designed steering Wheel and the mainpoint why I bought this steering Wheel is because of those rotary and switches. Ridiculous really.......unbelievable

Thanks!
    What?!?!? A special designed steering Wheel and the mainpoint why I bought this steering Wheel is because of those rotary and switches. Ridiculous really.......unbelievable
    Haha don’t I know it! Been waiting since January for 2019 to come out so I can finally use the majority of my wheel only to be disappointed again. Like I’ve said elsewhere, everything works on PC, so instead of a direct drive wheel my next purchase will be a gaming pc!
  • Yeah, this is not good.
    A wheel named F1-2019 special edition should be fully compatible with F1-2019.

Anyone out there with the podium F1? Are the extra buttons working?
  • Yeah, this is not good.
    A wheel named F1-2019 special edition should be fully compatible with F1-2019.

Anyone out there with the podium F1? Are the extra buttons working?
    It’s not Fanatec’s fault it’s either down to the console (Xbox) or game developers (PS4) to make changes/implementations for the features to work. Fanatec has supplied both Microsoft and Codemasters with the required SDK they’ve just been either unable or unwilling to act on it for whatever their reasons may be. The nature of the PC not being bound by a finite amount of buttons allows for more possibilities when it comes to button inputs. Regardless of all this, I feel your pain, I’ve shelled out the $350 or so for a badass wheel that alas still has the functionality of it’s cheaper predecessors!
  • Same here i bought the 2019 formula rim for the extra buttons and switches. All extra buttons is useless on F1 2019 on PS4 at this moment :(
  • A banner day at fanatec,! ????????????????????????????????
  • I got the F1 V2 and the paddles for PS4 gameplay on F1 2019.  Paddles arrive in a few days, but I've seen some feedback that only the shifters work - so the other paddles (clutch, etc) are essentially useless..

So half baked.  very poor to be honest.  AUD$800 wheel + paddles set with only half the functionality..  
  • I'm happy with the game, the settings are very good for CSL Elite PS4.

Just one question , does anybody know how you can use the left joystick to look around (left, right and back). 
    My steering wheel is a F1 Esports.

The code works perfect, put the code in on the bottom off the startingscreen in PS Store, download, start riding... Perfect.

Kind regards,
    Steven 
  • Yep no issue at all with the 12 digit code. You need to put it in the right place.

• Well if there is no update from CM then the Limited F1 Wheel will be sold again.....this is already asked for since F1 2018. So it's not that they only since yesterday. It's going on already for a year. Sorry Fanatec I know this is not your fault but maybe some people from Fanatec can speed up the proces at CM. What if you buy the DD podium for the PS4 and you would not be able to use the full functionality of the steering wheel that's not acceptable. Then you spend over 1600 close to 2000 euro with a wheel you can't use fully.
  • I'm happy with the game, the settings are very good for CSL Elite PS4.

Just one question , does anybody know how you can use the left joystick to look around (left, right and back). 
    My steering wheel is a F1 Esports.

The code works perfect, put the code in on the bottom off the startingscreen in PS Store, download, start riding... Perfect.

Kind regards,
    Steven 
    The left funky stick is nonfunctional in F1 2019. It does work it GT Sport though so it is possible now for it to work on the PS4. For awhile it wasn’t due to some reason Sony had but it seems like they’ve reversed that decision.
  • Can we have a statement from a Fanatec representative about the missing functionality of the F1-2019 and similar wheels in F1 2019?
    Thanks 
  • Can we have a statement from a Fanatec representative about the missing functionality of the F1-2019 and similar wheels in F1 2019?
    Thanks 
    If you want to know about the missing functionality, you need to contact Codemasters, as they are the ones responsible for implementing the SDK provided by Fanatec. All Fanatec can do is give developers the tools to implement new functionality. If Codemasters chooses not to use the SDK, then there's nothing Fanatec can do about that.
    Thanks 
    If you want to know about the missing functionality, you need to contact Codemasters, as they are the ones responsible for implementing the SDK provided by Fanatec. All Fanatec can do is give developers the tools to implement new functionality. If Codemasters chooses not to use the SDK, then there's nothing Fanatec can do about that.
    This is understood.
    On the other side one would assume that the with the close relationship between CM and Fanatec ( you see the Fanatec adds on every other corner in the game ), Fanatec would have something to say about this.
    Thanks 
    This is understood.
    On the other side one would assume that the with the close relationship between CM and Fanatec ( you see the Fanatec adds on every other corner in the game ), Fanatec would have something to say about this.
    Since the game has not officially released yet (only legends edition), I assume they will put it into the game at the day one patch. The game is always very different from release after the day one patch. I assume this patch will either be released friday or saturday. 
    Thanks 
    This is understood.
    Since the game has not officially released yet (only legends edition), I assume they will put it into the game at the day one patch. The game is always very different from release after the day one patch. I assume this patch will either be released friday or saturday. 
    I’m not entirely convinced there’s even going to be a day 1 patch this year. All the early release players are playing on 1.03 and Lee Mathers said the performance updates would NOT be coming day 1 and that everyone was focused on getting the game out or something (I read that to mean PR stuff, but I could be wrong). The only update they’ve talked about was an online services updatethat went out earlier. Nothing else has been mentioned on their forums