Welcome to the new Website!

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator

Finally we launched the new webshop which is based on a more modern platform and with a fresh design.

We’re glad to hear so much positive feedback about the new design already. We’ve been hard at work fixing the last few issues that have appeared during the transition period.

A few known issues: 

• We are aware that customers with active discount codes are not currently able to use them on the new site. We aim to have this resolved by tomorrow.

• The changeover has resulted in a delay to support communication and RMAs. Please bear with us while we catch up on the support tickets.

• The CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 has been temporarily removed from the site due to a specific bug; it will return as soon as this is fixed.

• Cockpit accessories are not currently available in the US region, this will be resolved as soon as possible.

There are several more bugs we need to fix and things we want to improve and we will continiously work on it.

Please feel free to leave comments, suggestions or report bugs if you like. It is always helpful if you include screenshots, urls or a description of what system/browser you are using.

Do you like it better than the last one?

Comments

• edited November 2019

Congratulations, the webshop looks much better now.

I reported some issues last days, but the general impression is very good.

What I don't like is the Blog/Forum. It doesn't look very user friendly and the scheme color used doesn't help, but probably we need some adaptation period.

I also have some problems to access the forum using the website credential, because I was forced to change the forum password (the web credentials didn't work in the forum). Don't know if the website user is the same of the forum/blog or are different (hope not).

• Congratulations!!!

Everything works faster and have clean and easy to navigate look!!! Products are visible and even for newcomer the purchase will be piece of cake!

Now we need to see Black Friday`s stress test!!!;)

Cheers!

• @Thomas Jackermeier Congrats to the new Website. I found a little Bug. The Detailed Site of the Podium Advanced Paddle Module doesn´t work.

• Welcome back!

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Eduardo, yes there will be some improvements made to the blog/forum.

Hi Sven, could you explain further? the P APM product page is working for me...

• Hi Dominic,

the detailed site just isn't working.

This message appears: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS.

What you do mean by 'detailed site'? Could you provide the URL?

• Congratulations on the new website!

Will there be a "like" button for liking posts from members?

edited November 2019

@Sven Lippe Thanks. It was just the German version that wasn't working, has been fixed now!

@Hristo Goshev Yes this will be added.

• Matt KeebleMatt Keeble Member
    edited November 2019

Hi, love the new website design - far better than the old one.

Could you explain how you calculate the savings in the webshop though please? For example, the forza wheel bundle headline implies that there is a 1650 euro saving on the bundle from 3149.70 euros. However, when I price the individual items in your shop, I reach a total of 1919.75 euro - while this is still a saving, it's about 1200 euro less than your information suggests.

ALSO ... is it a bug that I can't find the BMW or Porsche wheels in the configuration tool? Or am I not seeing the wood for the trees? Neither of them appear to be present as far as I can see...

Edit: I found the wheels when I went and looked again - don't know why I didn't see them first time round!

Hope you can answer these questions.. again, kudos on the new design. Looks great :)

This is all related to the EU shop of course... (in English)

• Thanks for the answer Dominic!

I don't see a link on the website to Facebook and other social media.

@Matt Keeble Yes that savings calculation is definitely incorrect and will be resolved as soon as possible.

Glad you like the new site! :)

• Previously I would be prompted to login to the US site via Amazon. I no longer see that option nor can I login with my email address. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

@Dean Cummings Amazon login is currently disabled. Were you able to log in via your email address on the old site?

• No, only to the forums. I assume if I did register/login using my email, then it'd lose track of my orders. Correct?

• New website is great, good looking, modern and responsive, good job! We need a button to connect us to the store from forum though.

Also, can you inform us about the Mclaren GT3 wheel's bug, is it a hardware issue or a software issue? As a current owner should I worry about it? If so will there be a callback or something? Thanks.

edited November 2019

@Ersan Kap the Homepage button is coming.

The missing McLaren wheel is due to a website bug, not a product bug. It has been unlisted until the website bug is fixed, then it will appear again.

@Dean Cummings I'll send you a PM.

• @Dominic Brennan that's a relief :) thanks for your answer.

• edited November 2019

Thomas and Team, congratulations on the new website launch! It looks a lot better than the old webshop, a lot more modern and Smartphone friendly. The only thing I dont like about the new webshop is that it's not really optimized for big screens like my Samsung 49" Ultrawide because the banners on the top of the website are so much zoomed in that the text right beneath the picture is completely missing and the picture itself looks pixelated. Another example is the DD video in the Podium Overview page which I cant watch at all because its so much stretched. So as great as it is on small Smartphone and Tablet displays, so inconvenient it can be on a large screen so to enjoy the webshop at its best I have to resize my Browser window to fit a 21 inch screen size. If this can be solved in the future this would be great.

Regarding the Forum/Blog: I like the general functionality of this new forum better than the old one. However, color choice is a bit.. weird. The blue background and grey/pink accents (headlines etc) imo are not Fanatec related. The old Blog/Forum with its black background and white and grey accents was a better color choice. Also the font size of the blog posts is 1 or 2pt too big imo and should be resized to the same font size as it becomes when you click on the headline and you get redirected here into the forum. But Dom already said that there will be improvements to the blog and Forum so I hope this is something which gets some love in the future. Also I noticed the quote function isnt working properly with this colors because the quoted text is white in a white quote box so the text is not visible...

Other than that, great job on this new system! :)

• Hello, all of my postage addresses have been jumbled together. When I try edit it, I can't because it says I need a VAT ID. I don't have a VAT ID?

How do we update our address for Australia?

Also can we edit our names on forums so they are not publicly view-able when someone quotes your paragraph?

• edited November 2019

I agree with we need to have the option to edit our name in the forum. Now I have my full name and can't change it. In the Webshop we can edit and remove one of the surnames, but the forum account looks it's different and not editable. They can keep the full name for internal consistency and add a "name to show" in the forums, not the billing name.

@Maurice Böschen All your points are due to be addressed in the near future.

Regarding the last two comments: it might be possible to have a user-editable name in the future, but for now you can send me a PM and I will change it.

• ah yeah already noticed that some things I mentioned are now already addressed, nice work! :)

• Thanks for changing it Dom. The issue is that every time I order from the store my name is changed back to the order name.

• Congrats for the new layout. I personally like the new design.

Just one thing from my side, I found it really useful to see, when the last comment was made (date and time), within the new layout you only have the name of the last responder. Maybe this could be implemented in the future as well.

edited November 2019

You should at least see the date below the name. On desktop you can mouse over the date and also see the time. On mobile I think you can only see the date (if the post is more than 24 hours old). If you are not seeing either, could you take a screenshot?

• Hi Dom,

here is the screenshot. As Ím using an iPad as my primary device for surfing, I haven’t looked on the PC recently...

there should be the attached photo, but I get error code 413, no matter what I try 😥

Yes there seems to be this error with any attachment larger than 1MB. You could try uploading to a hosting site like imgur or abload and link to that.