rFactor 2 (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited March 2022 in rFactor
General Notes:
- The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for rFactor 2 (PC). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point. Bear in mind that rFactor 2 uses a dynamic physics engine covering a broad range of cars and tracks, meaning that these settings might not be 'optimal' for every possible driving scenario.

- In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.

- The settings for the Podium wheel bases assume you are in High Torque Mode. In Low Torque Mode, the same settings can be used, but with a higher FF value.

- If you cannot access all the settings shown below, you are probably in the Standard Tuning Menu. To switch to the Advanced Tuning Menu, first enter the menu (short-press the Tuning button once), then press and hold the Tuning button for about four seconds.

- You may see additional Tuning Menu settings depending on your connected devices. These additional settings are not relevant to force feedback, and are not listed here.

- The settings for the CSL DD / Gran Turismo DD Pro are suitable for 5 Nm and 8 Nm (Boost Kit 180)

- rFactor 2 has the ability to provide a 'raw' force feedback signal that can generate significant mechanical noise on some wheel bases, which can be reduced through a combination of lower FEI values (belt-drive bases) / higher INT values (direct-drive bases) and higher FFB Smoothing values (rFactor 2 menu). This is highly dependent on the vehicle selected - the Skip Barber 2013, for example, communicates more surface detail with FFB Smoothing at max (32) than the BMW M6 GTE 2018 with FFB Smoothing at 0. While it is important to keeping smoothing to a minimum for the most 'detail', it is not unreasonable to add a significant amount of smoothing (values above 10) for some vehicles.

- 'Car Specific FFB Mult' is a value that should be adjusted in combination with the clipping tool. In doing so you can maximise the dynamic range of the FFB but lose some of the feeling of variety between car types.

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

Podium Wheel Base DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 45
FFS Lin
NDP 16
NFR 2
NIN 8
INT 5
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR Off

In-Game Settings:
Car Specific FFB Mult: Very important to find the right value per car. Between 50 and 75 works well for most cars.
FFB Smoothing: User Preference
FFB Minimum Torque: 0

Podium Wheel Base DD2

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 45
FFS Lin
NDP 16
NFR 2
NIN 8
INT 5
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR Off

In-Game Settings:
Car Specific FFB Mult: Very important to find the right value per car. Between 50 and 75 works well for most cars.

ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 100
SHO 100
DRI 002
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR Off

In-Game Settings:

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 100
SHO 100
DRI -02
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR Off
FEI 060

In-Game Settings:

CSL Elite Wheel Base (V1)

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 100
SHO 100
DRI 003
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR Off
FEI 060

In-Game Settings:

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 100
SHO 100
DRI -03
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR Off
FEI 060

In-Game Settings:

CSL DD / Gran Turismo DD Pro
(Compatibility Mode recommended)
Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 100
FFS Lin
NDP 25
NFR 3
NIN Off
INT 6
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR Off

In-Game Settings:

Comments

• dd1 didnt work, the ffb is reverse and no ingame option to change it.  steering works but ffb is reverse like in automobilista.
  • dd1 didnt work, the ffb is reverse and no ingame option to change it.  steering works but ffb is reverse like in automobilista.

Make sure you click on “Detect” on the wheel setup page in game, it should show up as the Podium Wheelbase.
  • edited May 2019
    Witch values can I use for my Fanatec Motorsport CSR Wheel Valuepack XL. 

The drivers found on product page are old drivers and I am using now Driver version 311Beta. At the update tab of my Fanatec Wheel Properties I found the versions : the driver version and Firmware version are  311 BETA and 756. Is this ok because there is no recent driver on original productpage

link to productpage  
  • Guys I've noticed that Steering lock is not setting automatically with my CSL elite PS4 wheel even If the SEN is set to AUTO, it remains to fixed value even if the specific car wheel lock changes.
    Am I missing something?

Thanks.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Guys I've noticed that Steering lock is not setting automatically with my CSL elite PS4 wheel even If the SEN is set to AUTO, it remains to fixed value even if the specific car wheel lock changes.
    Am I missing something?

Thanks.
    Hi Antonio, in my experience, rF2 can be a bit temperamental with this, but it should work. You might need to reset or reassign your control settings.
  • Hi,
    I am CSL Elite PS4 owner. Cant get rf2 work properly with my wheel.
    I hit detect - wheel get detected, remap all axis and buttons, put all recommended settings (from this thread) and go for driving Honda Civic BTCC.
    First impression is that FFB is reversed, the wheel pulls to the direction of turning. Ok I found how to reverse it and put "Steering effects strength":-10000, in the controller.json file. But then comes the other problem - the wheel pulls very hard to left or right. I mean it does not oscilate - it selects one direction and pulls to there - like the center point is not 0, but 360 degrees.

Any help or advises please.
  • edited August 2019
    what is actually (BRF User Preference) and (FEI) ? I dont see in the menu of the DD2?

FEI: Force feedback intensity
  • what is actually (BRF User Preference) and (FEI) ? I dont see in the menu of the DD2?
    BRF would be the amount of force needed to reach 100% braking shown as a percentage of the maximum load (90kg on the ClubSport V3 pedals)if you had a loadcell brake pedal plugged into your base and I’m guessing whatever pedals you have are plugged directly into the computer. Also I think FEI only comes into play if you have a rim that has vibration motors in it like the ClubSport F1 LE and V2 type rims.
  • I see, thank you
  • Hi,
    I am CSL Elite PS4 owner. Cant get rf2 work properly with my wheel.
    I hit detect - wheel get detected, remap all axis and buttons, put all recommended settings (from this thread) and go for driving Honda Civic BTCC.
    First impression is that FFB is reversed, the wheel pulls to the direction of turning. Ok I found how to reverse it and put "Steering effects strength":-10000, in the controller.json file. But then comes the other problem - the wheel pulls very hard to left or right. I mean it does not oscilate - it selects one direction and pulls to there - like the center point is not 0, but 360 degrees.

Any help or advises please.
    Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue
  • It's some driver release that the steering lock on auto on rfactor 2 doesn't work. Please, Fanatec, could you take a look and fix this annoying bug? Thanks in advance.

• Regarding rFactor 2. Delete controller.ini in your documents folder or installfolder. Its in the userdata - player. Then go ingame and reload your saved controller config.

I got you, fam. Just posted it here for others to read.

• Any one have a good Wheel settings for DD1 since all the updates recently? Cheers

• edited March 2020

This game (rfactor2) ist still an absolute joke.... apart from the obnoxious UI (still, after so many years) it is a complete fail for configuring your devices. Auto-detect just helps nothing. I have to basically unplug EVERY other device (Thrustmaster hotas, 3 button boxes) before it would "detect" the DD2. As I said -> a joke!! I do not understand why people still bother about this title!!!!

And having a FFB that works - you need a PHD as a minimum requirement!

• What is a PHD?

• PHD -> Doctor of philosophy (postgraduate degree) ;-).

So I spent some time to figure out setup of rfactor2. And finally it runs! What has to be done with controllers is to delete all the preset profiles in the user data folder. Another thing is the setup of the triple screen -> quite a hidden function, accessed through a key-combo (in misc settings -> called "triples/tyres").

For the DD2 settings, I set FF to around 45, linearity on, as usual only very few NDP (8), Fri OFF, NIN OFF, INT 3, DPR 100, SPR 100.

In-Game: not much to set here: FFB smoothing 1, Min Torque 0%, Car-spec FFB mult 1.00 (has to be adapted with the individual cars, there is no one-fits-all).

In the end I have to say I am impressed. It is one of the few really good ffb deriving from a physic that actually deserves to be called that way (unlike the one of AMS2 for example!!).

• My set is CSW 2.5 with McLaren and CSP v3.

What is the default way to connect them to PC, separately or csp via wheelbase ? I'm asking because depends on the connection method the settings controller.json file differs therefore my feeling as well. In attachment you will see the comparison of those files.

Cheers,

PRzemek

• Connect your pedals to your wheelbase, the result will be the same but it will be more simple for you to manage.

• I do it for rfactor (I'm faster aproxymatly 0.5s) but I would like to understand the difference.

PS But in ACC I'm faster when it is connected directly to PC 🤔

• Hi, you have a solution for the FFB in rf2 it behaves in reverse, ie it takes force to straighten the steering wheel and when turning the steering wheel turns itself and you have to retain it so that it does not continue to tun.

Wheel base: DD2

Steering wheel: Formula V2

PC driver: 352

Wheel base firmware: 672

Wheel base motor firmware: 38

Steering wheel firmware: 34

Thanks

• Hi

for those who have not found how to fix the reverse ffb in rf2, I have the solution.

You have to modify a value in the "Controller.json" file which is in the following location:

your hard drive: \ your location \ steamapps \ common \ rFactor 2 \ UserData \ player \ Controller.json

And make the modification below:

• Just got a DD2 and tried to use on RF2, wheel pull to either side (light in the middle)

Tried the 10000 and -10000 on Steering effect, do all the signs need to be changed? it seemed to have little to no effect.

Also don't have a controller.json, so changed rf2.json and the DD2 one I had saved.

Any idea how to fix this? works fine in ACC and other apps

• If I had edited the correct file it would have worked... edit the file "controller.json" under player directory... thanks Pascal for the fix...

• Any recommendations for the DRI setting for a clubsport V2.5?

• for normal driving in rFactor 2 I set this to 0 on my CS 2.5

FF to 80

Fei to 70

For 100

DRI to 0

brf to 40 on my V3 pedals with Break performance kit breakforce is up to people, shure

• Boris KosloffBoris Kosloff Member
    edited August 2021

Sorry wrong thread.

• Any recommendations for wheel and In Game settings for a DD1. I have the F1 rim, McLaren, and Porsche rim. If that makes any difference. Also i like a more heavier feel. I just can't find good settings, every feels extremely grainy and huge deadzones were the wheel just snaps all of the sudden going down long straights like at Le Mans.

• I use following settings:

SEN Auto

FF 75%

FFS LINEAR

NDP 23%

NFR 9%

NIN 15%

INT 1

FEI 80

FDR 100%

SPR 100%

DPR 100%

In-Game:

FFB: 80-100% (depending on a car - in Oreca LMP2 I use 90%)

Smoothing: 0-4 (in Oreca LMP2 I use 4)

If you are using driver 429 or newer you need to disable NFR, because there are issues related to this settings in rf2 and other

• Using a DD1 as well