Fanatec on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Comments

• This is awesome! 

Just to clarify will the following hardware work on PS4 (Project Cars) once attached to the CWB V2?
    - Clubsport Shifter SQ
    - Clubsport Pedal V2
    - Handbrake

Because I don't see on Project Cars website any mention on the pedals and the shifter under PS4 (while it is there on PC), just the wheel...it would be really a shame if I can't use the shifter but maybe it's just a matter of time
    :(
    They should all work but I haven't tested it yet
    Awesome! It would be interesting to know how the Handbrake should be connected to make it work on PS4 + Project Cars (Pedals PCB like on 360, USB adapter...). 
    Please let us know after you've tested it!
  • Hello Thomas, now I can talk! :) I have Rseat RS1 , Fanatec CSW V2 and V2 CSP , This is the news I have waited for! I congratulate the entire team of Fanatec and also to the collaboration of SMS Studio!
    Just a stupid question :)
    Since had to develop the drivers compatible to make your peripherals , they will be able to use the screen of the wheel indicating the speed and gear change, or will be limited to PC users with FANALEDS program.

Thanks again , great news
  • Hasn't the PS4 been backwards compatible with all the PS3 compatible wheels for quite some time now?

Also the V2 working with next gen consoles isn't news. It says it right in the description when you order it. That was the deciding factor for me when it came down to buying one.

Am I missing something?

I was really hoping for details on the X1 specific wheel or add-on compatibility. My suggestion it for Fanatec to make a spreadsheet with all the consoles and their compatibility with all the peripherals. Also a FAQ might be nice for questions that are going to come up frequently.

One thing I will ask is if the wheel is specific to X1 and it will be the only wheel that you can use on the X1, can you use the X1 specific wheel on PS4 or PC? I mean is it a wheel for consoles, for X1 ONLY, or X1/PC?

To be honest if the base works for everything why should you need a separate wheel for every console? Please explain. Something tells me it has something to do with Microsoft though.
  • I was hoping this would be the news we were all waiting for the XO rim announcement. We always knew we could play pCars with our Fanatec wheels as it's only the weaker console versions that have more limited support. Why people are saying they're going to run out and buy a ps4 just for this is beyond me when the PC version is much better and has supported the wheels all along.

Even a $100 videocard will run it better than ps4 will.

• Hasn't the PS4 been backwards compatible with all the PS3 compatible wheels for quite some time now?

Also the V2 working with next gen consoles isn't news. It says it right in the description when you order it. That was the deciding factor for me when it came down to buying one.

Am I missing something?

I was really hoping for details on the X1 specific wheel or add-on compatibility. My suggestion it for Fanatec to make a spreadsheet with all the consoles and their compatibility with all the peripherals. Also a FAQ might be nice for questions that are going to come up frequently.

One thing I will ask is if the wheel is specific to X1 and it will be the only wheel that you can use on the X1, can you use the X1 specific wheel on PS4 or PC? I mean is it a wheel for consoles, for X1 ONLY, or X1/PC?

To be honest if the base works for everything why should you need a separate wheel for every console? Please explain. Something tells me it has something to do with Microsoft though.
    Only the thrustmaster T500 was backwards compatible, No logitech wheels work. 
  • Fantastische Neuigkeiten Thomas! Wie sieht es mit den PS3 Rims aus? Lohnt es, sich für die PS4 ein Porsche RSR Rim zu kaufen??? Habt ihr den Treiber zufällig auch an Codemasters geschickt? Ich denke da an F1 2015 und Dirt 4.... :)
  • @Jason...Because I don't have money growing on my back!

I'm spending about 1200 € on Fanatec gear...so another 300€ for a second hand PS4 OR another 1000€ for a gaming pc.....my choice is easily made....

So please stop shoving everyone a gaming pc up their throat.....it's people's own choice

• @Antoine, like I said a $100 videocard will beat a ps4 and I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are. Claiming it costs 1,000 euros to beat a ps4 is complete BS.
  • @Antoine, like I said a $100 videocard will beat a ps4 and I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are. Claiming it costs 1,000 euros to beat a ps4 is complete BS.
    Jason, from what I heard I needs a top spec PC to run in really well.
  • How about this...I don't even own a pc, just a laptop.....a 500€ pc ain't cutting it. Just go ahead and  see this site and do the math....it ain't cheap living here!

http://www.paradigit.nl/

Click on Componenten and put one together for pcars' adviced pc parts. 

• I like some of you are tired PC been seen as the choice. To be honest I'm getting PCars on PC and X1. I have friends on both. I'm blessed I know that most can't do this.
  • How about this...I don't even own a pc, just a laptop.....a 500€ pc ain't cutting it. Just go ahead and  see this site and do the math....it ain't cheap living here!

http://www.paradigit.nl/

Click on Componenten and put one together for pcars' adviced pc parts. 

€ 592,95 was the best I could do from that site for recommended specs, however cutting slightly on CPU and overclocking you could get really close to the same performance for € 495,95

• Matt FergusonMatt Ferguson Member
    edited March 2015
    @Antoine, like I said a $100 videocard will beat a ps4

Simply not true.

I wish people would stop spreading this falsity. Just because a pc has the same or slightly higher specs than a ps4 has, the ps4 version will almost always run and look better than a similarly spec'ed PC. This is because the PS4 game is designed and optimized much, much better to run on PS4 only, they don't need to take into account infinite variability's of all possible PC configurations. Developers get to pick and choose where to compromise on console games while on a PC they leave it up to the users to turn on/off graphics options - the problem with that is those options are global on PC - turn textures to medium and ALL textures are now set to medium.

On a console they get to go turn THAT texture to medium but leave THOSE textures at Ultra because the gamers will notice those more.

So again stop spreading that $400 PC can match PS4 graphics - someday it will mind you but not right now. Not to mention that $400 PC needs a keyboard & mouse, an operating system now it is $500-$550 (if you actually pay for it).

This is coming from a person who owns both a PC and a PS4 and has also built multiple PC's. Now is a good time to own a console. Don't let these "PC is the only way" people fool you.

Credit where credit is due - a Decent PC $550-ish or more will out perform a PS4 but the difference is slight.

• Okay...that's allmost 600€...BUT you wanna spend a little more to be sure NOTHING gets overheated...damaged or anything...So 100 more. Then a proper keyboard mouse and don't forget a high end monitor...120hz...about 300 bucks...and what if I want a triple screen setup...how much would JUST the pc be....Jason...I know what I'm talking about..1000€ ALL IN is the best you can do!!!!! Sorry to blow your bubble!!!

• @Antoine, like I said a $100 videocard will beat a ps4

Simply not true.

I wish people would stop spreading this falsity. Just because a pc has the same or slightly higher specs than a ps4 has, the ps4 version will almost always run and look better than a similarly spec'ed PC. This is because the PS4 game is designed and optimized much, much better to run on PS4 only, they don't need to take into account infinite variability's of all possible PC configurations. Developers get to pick and choose where to compromise on console games while on a PC they leave it up to the users to turn on/off graphics options - the problem with that is those options are global on PC - turn textures to medium and ALL textures are now set to medium.

On a console they get to go turn THAT texture to medium but leave THOSE textures at Ultra because the gamers will notice those more.

So again stop spreading that $400 PC can match PS4 graphics - someday it will mind you but not right now. Not to mention that $400 PC needs a keyboard & mouse, an operating system now it is $500-$550 (if you actually pay for it).

This is coming from a person who owns both a PC and a PS4 and has also built multiple PC's. Now is a good time to own a console. Don't let these "PC is the only way" people fool you.

Credit where credit is due - a Decent PC $550-ish or more will out perform a PS4 but the difference is slight.

You can get all recommended specs except CPU, where you go from 8 core to 4 core and 4Ghz to 3.8Ghz which is still way above minimum specs for $532 with Windows 8.1. So for a Project cars build you can get pretty close to a console price, especially if you used the same OS/hard drive from your current computer, that would shave $130 off the price. 
  • € 592,95 was the best I could do from that site for recommended specs, however cutting slightly on CPU and overclocking you could get really close to the same performance for € 495,95

What were the specs in this "beast" for 495 euro?
  • @Antoine, like I said a $100 videocard will beat a ps4

On a console they get to go turn THAT texture to medium but leave THOSE textures at Ultra because the gamers will notice those more..

Everyone knows there are no "ultra" textures on consoles ;)
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited March 2015

€ 592,95 was the best I could do from that site for recommended specs, however cutting slightly on CPU and overclocking you could get really close to the same performance for € 495,95

What were the specs in this "beast" for 495 euro?
    case Cooler Master Elite 342 27,99
    motherboard MSI 970A-G43 70,99
    processor AMD FX 4300 3.8Ghz 82,00
    video card MSI radeon 260x 2GB 128,00
    memory 8GB ballistix sport 74,99
    hard drive 500GB WD blue 56,99
    power supply coolermaster B600 54,99

All from the site he listed, everything is recommended specs except CPU which is better than minimum but slightly less than recommended, FX 8350, (Still better than what I have though and will be using on it). The game is mostly GPU dependent. It isn't a "beast" but unless they under recommended specs it should run it well enough. Upping to an 8350 is an extra 97 and going from a 260x to a 280 is 87, so choices can be made for not a lot more money. 

MINIMUM SPEC
    CPU – 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
    GRAPHICS – nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
    MEMORY – 4Gb RAM, 1Gb VRAM

RECOMMENDED SPEC
    CPU – 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
    GRAPHICS – nVidia GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series
    MEMORY – 8Gb RAM, 2Gb VRAM

• Adam MansirAdam Mansir Member
    edited March 2015
    Thomas/Fanatec-

As an owner of a PWTS that has served me well through the years I'd like to tell you your continued support of legacy products alongside current products is very much appreciated!
  • Thomas,

Now that it appears the v1 base will work on Xbox One, can you explain why the impression was given that the Clubsport X1 rims would be exclusive to the v2 base, while the v1 base wouldn't be compatible with the new rims?

Maybe i'm delusional, but doesn't anyone else remember that being the case? I remember information to some degree being given along with the below quote from the X1 announcement.

"Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their Fanatec wheel bases by simply attaching an Xbox One steering wheel to an Xbox One enabled Fanatec wheel base (like the ClubSport Wheel Base V2)"
  • Yeah Dillon...I do remember, but hey...what can you do about it. There's a lot said...like now...a lot more to come. I don't even dare to order the CSP V2...affraid there'll be a V3 available in about 6 months....FOR EXAMPLE
  • Ryan HammRyan Hamm Member
    edited March 2015
    When I saw that about Project Cars working with the Clubsport rim on the Xbone I wondered if it was a typo or not since I was under the impression only the V2 would work with the Xbone. Not really sure of the reason but fortunately I'm part of the PC master race so I'm not affected.
  • That sucks, my csr elite that I spent more money for as a xbox wheel is absolutely garbage but at that time if I would have spent less money on a regular csr I would be able to play my xbox one??? How does that work? I'm blown away, why wouldn't you support those people that spent so much money on the elite and allowing it to work with the Xbox one but instead you allowed the cheaper wheels be compatible and not for the people that spent way more money. My elite is an xbox steering wheel and it doesn't work for xbox. This really sucks for me, I have to sell my elite and take a huge hit and then probably spend another $500-$600 buy a new base and wheel...that's complete bs and that's of anybody is even interested in my elite wheel.
  • edited March 2015
    PS4 purchased Soon as i got off Work...Bring on Project cars!!! im Sooo Ready!!!
    I Knew i Didn't waste $$$ buying the Porsche and F1 Rim!!!

and thank You Thomas!!! You said there Would be News By the End of the Month and Here it Is!!! I Had Faith in You!!!
  • edited March 2015
    I have a CPX adapter that im willing to part with... inbox me a Reasonable offer if your interested.
  • My suggestion it for Fanatec to make a spreadsheet with all the consoles and their compatibility with all the peripherals. Also a FAQ might be nice for questions that are going to come up frequently.

+1
  • So if I have a regular csr base, I can buy a new wheel and it will work with the xbox one?

What about wheel adjustments, the thing I love about my car elite is the fact I can tune the steering wheel on the fly mid race...can this be done with the new steering wheel on a old csr?
  • "thanks" for making me selling my GT2 like-brand-new wheel for silly low price.
    And no, don't tell me you've never said it wouldn't work with PS4 or X1 - you have clearly implied that by the way and description of selling the v2 base.
    So not only I lost big money on the GT2, not only I have an useless (as of now), pricey v2 but I do feel stupid and betrayed as GT2 IS going to work on PS4!!!
    If only I could take the time back...I would have never stepped in the Fanatec world...
  • "thanks" for making me selling my GT2 like-brand-new wheel for silly low price.
    And no, don't tell me you've never said it wouldn't work with PS4 or X1 - you have clearly implied that by the way and description of selling the v2 base.
    So not only I lost big money on the GT2, not only I have an useless (as of now), pricey v2 but I do feel stupid and betrayed as GT2 IS going to work on PS4!!!
    If only I could take the time back...I would have never stepped in the Fanatec world...

It sounds like we both are screwed.

You have a V2 and I have a CSR Elite, want to work out a trade of some sort?

• Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited March 2015
    So if I have a regular csr base, I can buy a new wheel and it will work with the xbox one?

What about wheel adjustments, the thing I love about my car elite is the fact I can tune the steering wheel on the fly mid race...can this be done with the new steering wheel on a old csr?

CSR DOES NOT work with X1. Just PS4 same as your CSRE. The only compatible items are the CSWv1 and CSWv2. It says that in Thomas's initial post.