Fanatec on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Comments

• From January15:

"There are no news on the Xbox One steering wheel yet but things are smooth and we plan to make an announcement by the end of march so you know what to do if you plan to buy Project CARS."

March 23:

"The first Xbox One steering wheel will be announced very soon."

Surely that isn't the March news, as there is no new information regarding the Xbox One steering wheel. Thomas, you have one week left... :p

I just can't wait anymore. Between Fanatec and Project Cars, I have so much to be excited about!

• Not that I don't believe the wheel will be shown "soon" - if not March than on par with Project Cars, what I am moaning about is that I sold perfect wheel for 200$ which would have worked with PS4.
    Moreover I bought X1 solely after seeing v2 ad!
    Then I bought v2. And it is the box since...
  • I jus want to make sure I'm understanding this right as I just logged on and learned this news. So what this is saying is that I can use my regular CSR (not Elite) wheel and my Club Sport Elite pedals on a PS4 and Pcars? If this is true I am so excited. I had purchased an Xbox One and returned it two days later because playing with a controller was a joke. I couldn't even begin to enjoy racing before I was completely turned off by the use of a hand held controller. I've been planning on going the pc route just so I can use my Fanatec CSR. If all this is true then I'm purchasing a PS4 the same day PCars is released. Probably need to be writing an email to Microsoft with a link to this thread showing them how many sales they're losing due to their arrogant compatibility decision. So I hope I understood this correctly.
  • I jus want to make sure I'm understanding this right as I just logged on and learned this news. So what this is saying is that I can use my regular CSR (not Elite) wheel and my Club Sport Elite pedals on a PS4 and Pcars? If this is true I am so excited. I had purchased an Xbox One and returned it two days later because playing with a controller was a joke. I couldn't even begin to enjoy racing before I was completely turned off by the use of a hand held controller. I've been planning on going the pc route just so I can use my Fanatec CSR. If all this is true then I'm purchasing a PS4 the same day PCars is released. Probably need to be writing an email to Microsoft with a link to this thread showing them how many sales they're losing due to their arrogant compatibility decision. So I hope I understood this correctly.

You are Correct!! Enjoy your Fanatec gear and PCars on PS4 or PC. Your choice. :)
  • Man this is the best news I've had in a long time. Thanks so much Fanatec, Project Cars, and PS4!!!
    Don't want to be Debby downer, just to be clear this is for Pcars only atm, not all future ps4 racing games(nor current either eg. Driveclub, hopefully soon on that one too). So when GT7 comes, don't be surprised if the CSR isn't working. 

Although, i'd be surprised if it wasn't going be compatible after this awesome development. Fanatec clan, rejoice!
  • Anyways, that's a great news for the guy!
  • I've come to the point that the only games I enjoy is racing and shooters. Forza 3 was the reason I switched to an Xbox after being with Playstation  from 1-3. Gran Turismo just doesn't do it for me. Physics are crap compared to Forza and crashes are too arcadish. About the only thing it's better at is graphics. And after 6 attempts, I really doubt 7 is gonna blow away PCars and maybe catch up to Forza 6. But anyways that's just my opinion. Others may love it and that's fine with me. I'm just happy that PCars is gonna work with my current wheel even if other racing games  don't. Hopefully that will change and future games will be compatible as well. So no @ Dillon Ryan, you're not being a Debby Downer.
  • Same here: racing and shooters. PS3, X360 and X1.
  • Thomas did say that PS4 issue was a driver needed to be written to allow Fanatec compatibility. That driver has been written and Fanatec is making the driver available to any and all sim game devs for ps4. So I'd bet that future games will have Fanatec compatibility. But you never know till a game is released. And older games could add it also I assume.
  • I hope Microsoft is paying attention.

This is BS. Where you (Microsoft) should be releasing something to make the entire line of Fanatec wheels compatible with your system, you settle with licensing and lining your pockets. If you (Microsoft) made a wheel then I wouldn't complain, but you (Microsoft) have absolutely no skin in this game. You (Microsoft) don't make anything that's in the wheel peripheral category for your system and yet you (Microsoft) stone walled all peripheral owners. The only way to use a wheel on your system is to choose between two shoddy products or hope to hit the Fanatec waiting list lottery, while your (Microsoft) competition has allowed people to use what they got to play? No wonder you're (Microsoft) getting your ass handed to you in sales...

Unbelievable! 

• Fanatec, the best there is, the best there was!

Here is hoping to have an update on the Formula Steering with big nice LCD. Can't wait to have this, Thomas.

More power to Fanatec!

JC
  • edited March 2015
    Random thought... The CSR E is woth its Weight in Gold Now!!! It can Rule Every Thing But the XB1!!! That Makes it just as Valuable and Maybe even More prized than the V2 Because there is No Extra Equipment Needed to be used on XB360, PS3, PS4 and PC!!!

My thoughts are Thomas/Fanatec is Blameless in this whole Matter because the News that All Wheels will work as is on PS4 Can Hurt their sales on the XB1 Rims!!! this is Purley Microsoft Greed!!!

I for 1 will Not Buy a XB1 Rim for the V2 if it will Not Work on XB360 and PC!!! and the Only Reason i will Buy it then will Be Just so that i Can Have 1 wheel that will Rule Every Console and PC Too with just the Change of the Rim... I dont always Feel like Changing the whole wheel base just to Race Forza then Switch back to Run GT6.
  • @Dog,

you got a PN from me.

supershadow25 (Marco)

This is BS. Where you (Microsoft) should be releasing something to make the entire line of Fanatec wheels compatible with your system, you settle with licensing and lining your pockets. If you (Microsoft) made a wheel then I wouldn't complain, but you (Microsoft) have absolutely no skin in this game. You (Microsoft) don't make anything that's in the wheel peripheral category for your system and yet you (Microsoft) stone walled all peripheral owners. The only way to use a wheel on your system is to choose between two shoddy products or hope to hit the Fanatec waiting list lottery, while your (Microsoft) competition has allowed people to use what they got to play? No wonder you're (Microsoft) getting your ass handed to you in sales...

Unbelievable! 

They won't they don't care about the couple thousand wheel users against the millions of console owners
  • edited March 2015
    Sony Has out sold Micrsoft in the Console war 20 mil+ to 10mil... this will only Further Sonys Lead... Even the PC Guys Want a PS4 Now!!! PCars will Show and Prove just how Small the Gap is Between PC and Console if a Gap Even still Exist between PC and Console.

Imo PC and Console are Pretty Even at this point unless you have a Few thousand $$$ invested in a PC Set up... But for the average PC player its a Dead Even Match.
    #Console the New Master Race!!!
  • Sony Has out sold Micrsoft in the Console war 20 mil+ to 10mil... this will only Further Sonys Lead... Even the PC Guys Want a PS4 Now!!! PCars will Show and Prove just how Small the Gap is Between PC and Console if a Gap Even still Exist between PC and Console.

Imo PC and Console are Pretty Even at this point unless you have a Few thousand $$$ invested in a PC Set up... But for the average PC player its a Dead Even Match.
    #Console the New Master Race!!!
    except ultra settings on PC has better graphics by a lot, the car models are 3-4 times as many polygons, better textures, potential higher resolution and triple screen or VR headset. Not even a few thousand, you can get a PC with recommended requirements for $625 with Windows. A thousand dollars will give you much better than what PS4 can offer. I have all the platforms and will get it on console and PC, but until it actually releases and we see if they actually are able to run 1080p and a steady 60fps on PS4 it may not end up being the best platform, if it frame dips constantly into the 30s when there are a lot of cars on screen, 45 cars on the grid is way more than any other title out there. They are very ambitious with what they are trying to get graphically. 

• At No Time on PC or Console will there be 45 Cars on the Screen at 1 time.
    I believe that the PS4 will Run at 60fps... i have always been More of a Xbox fan in the Past but Sony Seems to be winning this time around as far as Graphics output ....i believe will also be able to Run at 60fps as they learn to Maximise each Consoles Strenths.
    But More important than what the Cars looks like is the Car Physics... Using the V2 The GT6 Physics Blow Forza 4 Physics away and they are just under the par of Forza 5 Physics with using the TX wheel... I would have to use the V2 on FM5 to Really Judge and Know for Sure just How Good or Bad FM5 wheel Physics are... But using the TX they are just a Tad bit Better than GT6.
    Im Really Hoping PCars is what they Claim it to be.
  • At No Time on PC or Console will there be 45 Cars on the Screen at 1 time.
    I believe that the PS4 will Run at 60fps... i have always been More of a Xbox fan in the Past but Sony Seems to be winning this time around as far as Graphics output ....i believe will also be able to Run at 60fps as they learn to Maximise each Consoles Strenths.
    But More important than what the Cars looks like is the Car Physics... Using the V2 The GT6 Physics Blow Forza 4 Physics away and they are just under the par of Forza 5 Physics with using the TX wheel... I would have to use the V2 on FM5 to Really Judge and Know for Sure just How Good or Bad FM5 wheel Physics are... But using the TX they are just a Tad bit Better than GT6.
    Im Really Hoping PCars is what they Claim it to be.
    If they stated there will be up to 45 cars on the grid, they sure as hell tested them all on the screen at once, they would be foolish not to. I've flip flopped between sony and ms for years as well, and what keeps my main console the xbox is simply better online services. Sony has always let me down with netcode issues, outages, and overall seemingly sloppy service altogether, imo. 

It doesn't help that they now charge for what was once a free service, yet it still hasn't gotten any better since switching to premium. Sony can sell all the consoles they want and double the #s of their competitors, but that won't sway me like it seems to have on alot of others.
  • edited March 2015
    We are All Gonna Need Bigger TV's!!! LOL My Tv Screen 40in will Not Hold 45 cars at 1 Time... LOL...there will be 45 cars on the Grid at Different Spots represented by dots on a Map But Never All 45 Drawn on the Screen at 1 time... they will just be Drawn in like Moving images Trees Signs Bridges etc... thats my take on the 45 car thing i dont see how they would fit 45 full size cars on 1 Screen.
  • Yes i too Chose MS because of the Better online game play... But Nowdays i find that all i Do is Racing Games and Very Little Call of Duty.
  • How is the online gameplay with Driveclub nowadays ??? Anyone ???

Still in doubt to buy a PS4 too, practice and career on PS4 and forum competitions on the XOne...LOL

• We are All Gonna Need Bigger TV's!!! LOL My Tv Screen 40in will Not Hold 45 cars at 1 Time... LOL...there will be 45 cars on the Grid at Different Spots represented by dots on a Map But Never All 45 Drawn on the Screen at 1 time... they will just be Drawn in like Moving images Trees Signs Bridges etc... thats my take on the 45 car thing i dont see how they would fit 45 full size cars on 1 Screen.
    if lead cars crash it could back up the cars so a lot are on screen at once. Monza turn 1 could easily bottleneck if a couple cars crash and with it being right at the start of the race all cars could be on screen at once. 
  • GREAT NEWS!

I was under the impression that the CSW v2 would need a wheel rim compatible with a system, but as far as I understand this won't be the case for PS4 and pCARS? Can I use my CSW v2 with any rim I prefer?
  • Well done Thomas & everyone at Fanatec. Great news. 
    Any chance the drivers could be patched into older games? Eg. Driveclub?

Lastly, can u get those Chinese fellas to hurry up & make my V2 wheelbase :)
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited March 2015

Okay...that's allmost 600€...BUT you wanna spend a little more to be sure NOTHING gets overheated...damaged or anything...So 100 more. Then a proper keyboard mouse and don't forget a high end monitor...120hz...about 300 bucks...and what if I want a triple screen setup...how much would JUST the pc be....Jason...I know what I'm talking about..1000€ ALL IN is the best you can do!!!!! Sorry to blow your bubble!!!

You have no clue what you're talking about, you try and add in costs of a monitor , but don't add in the cost of a monitor for ps4, stop playing games. A PC can use more types of monitors and TV's than any console. Then you say 3 monitor setup, well that's 3 ps4's and 3 monitors and 3 copies of the game and only one copy of the game needed on PC and only one videocard. If you even need a new mouse and keyboard they can be had for $20-30 for both. You don't need any extra cooling to beat a console, that's only for overclocking the CPU which isn't necessary to beat a console.

Unbelievable! 

I prefer MS system at least I know that EVERY driving title will work with EVERY XO wheel, way better than the crap shoot sony runs. Who cares about sales? Do you drive around in a honda civic listening to justin bieber?  And sony who didn't even understand DRM are such a joke.
  • We are All Gonna Need Bigger TV's!!! LOL My Tv Screen 40in will Not Hold 45 cars at 1 Time... LOL...there will be 45 cars on the Grid at Different Spots represented by dots on a Map But Never All 45 Drawn on the Screen at 1 time... they will just be Drawn in like Moving images Trees Signs Bridges etc... thats my take on the 45 car thing i dont see how they would fit 45 full size cars on 1 Screen.
    No Grimey, PC has a slider for number of cars displayed at one time and is determined by your PC power. On the start grid all the cars will be bunched together and this will be the biggest hit to framerate, the consoles are not close to what the PC can do in this regard.
  • Well this is good news for some but unfortunately it's little for me. As a GT2 and Xbox One owner my situation is the same as before. I know all companies involved don't care about my situation as I'm bringing in little money to the scenario but it would have been nice to have compatibility also. A little dongle between the GT2 and Xbox One would have been nice.
  • "thanks" for making me selling my GT2 like-brand-new wheel for silly low price.
    And no, don't tell me you've never said it wouldn't work with PS4 or X1 - you have clearly implied that by the way and description of selling the v2 base.
    So not only I lost big money on the GT2, not only I have an useless (as of now), pricey v2 but I do feel stupid and betrayed as GT2 IS going to work on PS4!!!
    If only I could take the time back...I would have never stepped in the Fanatec world...

It sounds like we both are screwed.

You have a V2 and I have a CSR Elite, want to work out a trade of some sort?
    Well this is good news for some but unfortunately it's little for me. As a GT2 and Xbox One owner my situation is the same as before. I know all companies involved don't care about my situation as I'm bringing in little money to the scenario but it would have been nice to have compatibility also. A little dongle between the GT2 and Xbox One would have been nice.

That would be nice but would hurt fanatec sales so that's not an option. Controller Max has an adapter but I heard there is no FFB which kills it for me.