Fanatec on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Comments

• Hi,

Will there be a new firmware for the PWTS or will the latest firmware work okay when PCars is released? Will I need to connect the PWTS to the PS4 via a USB cable, or will the RF Dongle work okay?
     Also, I'm assuming that the Clubsport pedals will work with the whole setup okay. Is that correct?

Either way, thanks to Fanatec for getting this sorted, as it was looking like I was going to have to spend big to get myself a new wheel to play PCars! 
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Well this is good news for some but unfortunately it's little for me. As a GT2 and Xbox One owner my situation is the same as before. I know all companies involved don't care about my situation as I'm bringing in little money to the scenario but it would have been nice to have compatibility also. A little dongle between the GT2 and Xbox One would have been nice.
    Why do you think we don't care?

Would we have made your wheel and even the old 911 Turbo S wheel compatible to the PS4 if we really don't care?

We are doing everything we can do and the dongle you want is simply impossible and not because we don't care or like to do it.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Thomas definitely cares or else he would not be on here communicating with his clients directly. How many other companies do you know actually do that.

Now leave him alone so he can finish that XOne wheel before I lose my mind LOL.

Thanks for everything Thomas and We can't wait to play our gear on the this new gen of consoles.
  • @Rob On page one you could have read that Thomas answered that allready. Firmware update will be available from the day PCars hits the shelves!
    Firmware update as usual by pc..

--
    Sent from Fast notepad
  • edited March 2015
    The only Answer i Need Now is Will the XB1 Rim Make the V2 work with the XB360... Soon as the News posted that the V2 will work with PS4 I bought a PS4 ...other than that i would Not have Bought it... i allready Have the V2 with the Porsche and the F1 Rim...So its Smarter and Cheaper to Spend $400.00 on a PS4 than it will be to Spend $700.00 Buying a F1 and GT Rim just for XB1...I dont figure the XB1 Rim to cost less than $300.00 to $350.00 a Rim... jmo.

The ONLY way i will buy a XB1 Rim is if it WORKS with XB360 also... that way i can Have 1 Wheel Base to Rule ALL 4 Consoles and PC.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Well this is good news for some but unfortunately it's little for me. As a GT2 and Xbox One owner my situation is the same as before. I know all companies involved don't care about my situation as I'm bringing in little money to the scenario but it would have been nice to have compatibility also. A little dongle between the GT2 and Xbox One would have been nice.

Would we have made your wheel and even the old 911 Turbo S wheel compatible to the PS4 if we really don't care?

We are doing everything we can do and the dongle you want is simply impossible and not because we don't care or like to do it.

Hi Thomas
    Wow what a fantastic announcement and well done for achieving this goal. I think this is the first step toward a meter ecosystem entirely.

You are clearly looking forward and holding 1 arm out behind pulling us all along with you! I really do respect that.

Do you know if anyone else will be implementing your drivers in existing or up coming games.

Will you be making more wheels such as the BMW/Porshe wheels that don't require the HUB for us to use on our PS4? I'd love to buy a complete set of wheels such as a GT Rim, Classic Rim etc that just pop right on without the need for the HUB.

Will you ever complete the list of favourite settings you mentioned previously? You said you would like to list your favourite settings for the games you play. This would be a very positive aid for the community as we could use this as a base line or even a repository where users can add car or drift specific configs too.

And finally
    To ensure we don't miss the up coming deals... Would you consider emailing us :)
    I'm ready to throw money at your face the instant you open up pre orders for X1 AND announce or offer discounts on more quick release wheels.

I usually miss the deals as I'm off working etc and don't want to miss the next ones. Any chance this could happen? Forum Mr bees get an email or a text saying "fanatec sale now on" much like steam sales.

Again, thank you for what you have achieved so far, because in my opinion, what you are doing is going to completely re shape the peripheral market! No longer will we have to buy plastic tat for each format, no longer will we have to throw away or stop using perfectly good equipment. From here on in, fanatic customers can use there hardware anywhere... and can keep buying new wheels, styles, and for generations to come!

Well done!
    Tell us sooner next time or at least give us a hint ;)

• @Thomas...got a new challenge for you guys. Create a motorcycle steer for V2 base. To play 'Ride' and upcomming MotoGp 15...LoL
  • I see that now you show the GT2 as Compatible with PS4...  Once that Project Cars is released and you guys update the drivers, are we going to be able to play DriveClub? 
    I am going to upgrade to the V2 Wheel base, is the X1 steering wheel going to be compatible with XBOX360 and PC?
    Thank you for many hours of happy driving.
  • I still hate the fact that we XOne guys have to wait for 1 XOne wheel to be announced. While there are so many great rims available for PS4/PC.
  • I'd be surprised if the X1 rim is 360 compatible. I know a lot of you still use it but it's time to move forward IMO. I do see that it could be PC compatible. And if it's PC compatible it's should be compatible with??? PS4. So a X1 rim could conceivably cover all bases. But that would be up to MS and we all know how they can be.
  • There is no reason the XO rim shouldn't work on PC, even XO controllers work on PC and the drivers are now built into windows. It won't work on 360 as the security chip is different and I know Thomas knows that the majority of us don't want to pay extra for a 360 chip just to play vastly outdated titles.
  • Hi,

Will there be a new firmware for the PWTS or will the latest firmware work okay when PCars is released? Will I need to connect the PWTS to the PS4 via a USB cable, or will the RF Dongle work okay?
     Also, I'm assuming that the Clubsport pedals will work with the whole setup okay. Is that correct?

Either way, thanks to Fanatec for getting this sorted, as it was looking like I was going to have to spend big to get myself a new wheel to play PCars! 
    Hi Rob, what dose PWTS. mean ?  Sorry if I'm being thick.
  • I still hate the fact that we XOne guys have to wait for 1 XOne wheel to be announced. While there are so many great rims available for PS4/PC.
    it probably will be the same rims with the added X1 hardware 
  • 360 compatible, no. But I don't see how they could block the XOne rim on a pc...so also compatible with PS4. 
    And why is that bad for M$ ? For people who own both consoles it's the most obvious choice to buy the XOne rim....Like Grimey said, don't like to switch rims constantly !!! 
  • I sure hope so...but I think it'll be a completely new line.

Thomas says in this topic announcement:

The first Xbox One steering wheel will be announced very soon.
    it probably will be the same rims with the added X1 hardware 
    I think Thomas will announce atleast 2 rims to start out with, and I sincerely hope we haven't been waiting this whole time for something that is already available, albeit without the X1 chip.
  • See above Dillon...he clearly says. First RIM, not rims...rest will follow later down this year I guess.

But would commit a murder to get a Porsche 918 XOne rim. Sort of speak!!!
  • And also....looking at the shifting in shipping dates for V2 base and V2 pedals...end off May for Europe..my guess is that everything has gone on hold for the XOne rim. So the XOne rim will be available the moment it is announced like the 918 rim was.
    My guess is, that Thomas is waiting for the rims to arrive at the warehouses, so instantly ready to deliver...
  • Yeah that is true from what he said, i just don't see them making all new designs just for X1, just toss X1 hardware and buttons on, which is harder than said but yeah I want a 918 wheel with X1 support. 
  • You've forgotten M$ has a licence agreement ?
    Off course new designs...what M$ wants, Fanatec does and M$ gets...
    At least I hope the first wheel will be PCars themed and NOT Forza....
  • @Thomas If I buy a PS4, and still owning a PS3. Is it still necessary, after the firmware update, to put the wheel(base) in PlayStation mode for the PS3 ?
  • case Cooler Master Elite 342 27,99
    motherboard MSI 970A-G43 70,99
    processor AMD FX 4300 3.8Ghz 82,00
    video card MSI radeon 260x 2GB 128,00
    memory 8GB ballistix sport 74,99
    hard drive 500GB WD blue 56,99
    power supply coolermaster B600 54,99

All from the site he listed, everything is recommended specs except CPU which is better than minimum but slightly less than recommended, FX 8350, (Still better than what I have though and will be using on it). The game is mostly GPU dependent. It isn't a "beast" but unless they under recommended specs it should run it well enough. Upping to an 8350 is an extra 97 and going from a 260x to a 280 is 87, so choices can be made for not a lot more money. 

MINIMUM SPEC
    CPU – 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
    GRAPHICS – nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
    MEMORY – 4Gb RAM, 1Gb VRAM

RECOMMENDED SPEC
    CPU – 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
    GRAPHICS – nVidia GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series
    MEMORY – 8Gb RAM, 2Gb VRAM

This is just over MINIMUM not just under recommended. You are right about the GPU being top priority here but then you could only afford the minimum recommended - the PS4 will run and look better than this build without a doubt.....but it would run it at minimum with some medium settings mixed in.

If my choice was that built or a PS4 I would choose PS4 any day.

• Well this is good news for some but unfortunately it's little for me. As a GT2 and Xbox One owner my situation is the same as before. I know all companies involved don't care about my situation as I'm bringing in little money to the scenario but it would have been nice to have compatibility also. A little dongle between the GT2 and Xbox One would have been nice.

I apologize if you felt slighted in any way. My frustration is more about my specific situation.
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited March 2015
    i will test it, once it is released. I have a Phenom X6 1055t and I will downclock my GTX970 so it is at the same performance of a 260X. My guess i can run everything on high and will monitor my vram so it doesnt go over 2GB. I should be able to run near high/ultra at stock GPU speeds except on cpu limited settings. 

edit: Doing some research people are able to play medium settings with just minimum specs, high or better should easily be possible. It runs on a surface pro 2 at low settings, so it handles low end hardware just fine. Recommend specs is for high/ultra.

the PS4 version is the same as medium quality with a few things on high quality. The PS4 has less clockspeed but more cores, so it depends on how well they can multithread. I have both consoles, so I can compare all of the versions. 

• Hi Rob, what dose PWTS. mean ?  Sorry if I'm being thick.
    He's referring to the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel.
  • You've forgotten M$ has a licence agreement ?
    Off course new designs...what M$ wants, Fanatec does and M$ gets...
    As if Fanatec doesn't have a choice of who they work with. 

MS didn't force Fanatec to make a deal with them. They are partners, again, yet you act like MS is the bad guy...  And why the F would the X1 wheel be Pcars themed and not Forza after you stated yourself, what MS wants, MS gets... right, RIGHT???

Greasy bs has sloshed off your fingers onto the keyboard with this one, Antoine..
  • I'm reading people talk about an "Xbox Wheel" coming soon. Are guys talking about an actual standalone wheel or just a rim for the current bases?
  • I'm reading people talk about an "Xbox Wheel" coming soon. Are guys talking about an actual standalone wheel or just a rim for the current bases?
    rim for clubsport V2
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited March 2015
    case Cooler Master Elite 342 27,99
    motherboard MSI 970A-G43 70,99
    processor AMD FX 4300 3.8Ghz 82,00
    video card MSI radeon 260x 2GB 128,00
    memory 8GB ballistix sport 74,99
    hard drive 500GB WD blue 56,99
    power supply coolermaster B600 54,99

All from the site he listed, everything is recommended specs except CPU which is better than minimum but slightly less than recommended, FX 8350, (Still better than what I have though and will be using on it). The game is mostly GPU dependent. It isn't a "beast" but unless they under recommended specs it should run it well enough. Upping to an 8350 is an extra 97 and going from a 260x to a 280 is 87, so choices can be made for not a lot more money. 

MINIMUM SPEC
    CPU – 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
    GRAPHICS – nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
    MEMORY – 4Gb RAM, 1Gb VRAM

RECOMMENDED SPEC
    CPU – 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
    GRAPHICS – nVidia GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series
    MEMORY – 8Gb RAM, 2Gb VRAM

This is just over MINIMUM not just under recommended. You are right about the GPU being top priority here but then you could only afford the minimum recommended - the PS4 will run and look better than this build without a doubt.....but it would run it at minimum with some medium settings mixed in.

If my choice was that built or a PS4 I would choose PS4 any day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll choose PC anyday, everyday, all day. And that PC is more powerful than the ps4. The Radeon 260x has better performance than an HD7790 which is beefier than the ps4 GPU. That PC also has a total of 10GB  RAM, faster HDD and more robust PSU and supports practically infinite more devices

• You've forgotten MS has a licence agreement ?
    Off course new designs...what MS wants, Fanatec does and MS gets...
    I wouldn't put much stock in that , MS licensed the Porsche 911 Turbo wheel and all Thomas did was add 360 symbols to the buttons and added an "S" to the end of the name. I don't want any game branding on the wheel, but if there is you can bet it will be Forza as MS has nothing to do with pCars and therefore would get no licensing discounts from them.