Fanatec on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Comments

• I'm reading people talk about an "Xbox Wheel" coming soon. Are guys talking about an actual standalone wheel or just a rim for the current bases?
    rim for clubsport V2
    And surprisingly v1 base also.
  • HELLO RACERS!!!
    IS ANYBODY OUT THERE SELLING A CPX ADAPTER??? IF YES, PLEASE GIVE ME A PM!!!
    PS.: I'm from germany, Frankfurt/Main
  • Online Racing is More important to Me than Having Maximum Graphics so I Choose Console over PC.
    at this point a XB1 Rim that will Work with the XB360 will be the Deciding Factor if i Buy it or Not... Pricing is a Factor also The Porsche Rim Cost the Same as a PS4!!! Then Factor in the F1 Rim and thats the same Price as a PS4 and 3 games!!! I will just use the Posrshe and F1 Rims on the PS4....i Refuse to Feed More $$$ To MS they are being Just Too Greedy. jmt
  • PS4 Seems to Have the Advantage over XB1 Graphics wise. PS4 Has No Problem Running games at Full1080p 60fps and XB1 Most of their games are upscaled and Not true 1080p and under 60fps.
  • PS4 Seems to Have the Advantage over XB1 Graphics wise. PS4 Has No Problem Running games at Full1080p 60fps and XB1 Most of their games are upscaled and Not true 1080p and under 60fps.
    Unless you have them side by side you can't tell the difference between native 1080p and upscaled. PS4 does have more powerful hardware, and there is a resolution difference between Pcars on both consoles, but X1 has Forza and Sony hasn't even announced GT7. 
  • You've forgotten M$ has a licence agreement ?
    Off course new designs...what M$ wants, Fanatec does and M$ gets...
    At least I hope the first wheel will be PCars themed and NOT Forza....
    As if Fanatec doesn't have a choice of who they work with. 

MS didn't force Fanatec to make a deal with them. They are partners, again, yet you act like MS is the bad guy...  And why the F would the X1 wheel be Pcars themed and not Forza after you stated yourself, what MS wants, MS gets... right, RIGHT???

Greasy bs has sloshed off your fingers onto the keyboard with this one, Antoine..

I do think MS are a bunch of greedy MFs and I think I'm not the only one... Yes Fanatec has a choice but IF you do wan't to please console owners as a third part company, MS forces them to get a licence agreement so they can fill their pockets again over the backs of everyone.

I only said I HOPE it's PCars themed, I am entitled to have an opinion don't I ? And I do understand you're defensive about your employer...but believe me if I say, again, I think  I'm not the only one who's fed up with Forza merchandice. I still hold the feeling that I got FM5 prologue and paid full prize for it....and you guys at T10 just didn't give a damn thing of what the community wanted to see added. Every great thing of FM4 was taken out in stead of improved...

Not to speak of those tight *** moderators on FM.net....they help the forum to hit rock bottom.....but that's just MY honest OPINION

• Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited March 2015
    You've forgotten M$ has a licence agreement ?

MS didn't force Fanatec to make a deal with them. They are partners, again, yet you act like MS is the bad guy...  And why the F would the X1 wheel be Pcars themed and not Forza after you stated yourself, what MS wants, MS gets... right, RIGHT???

Greasy bs has sloshed off your fingers onto the keyboard with this one, Antoine..

I do think MS are a bunch of greedy MFs and I think I'm not the only one... Yes Fanatec has a choice but IF you do wan't to please console owners as a third part company, MS forces them to get a licence agreement so they can fill their pockets again over the backs of everyone.

I only said I HOPE it's PCars themed, I am entitled to have an opinion don't I ? And I do understand you're defensive about your employer...but believe me if I say, again, I think  I'm not the only one who's fed up with Forza merchandice. I still hold the feeling that I got FM5 prologue and paid full prize for it....and you guys at T10 just didn't give a damn thing of what the community wanted to see added. Every great thing of FM4 was taken out in stead of improved...

Not to speak of those tight *** moderators on FM.net....they help the forum to hit rock bottom.....but that's just MY honest OPINION

Did you play Forza 2? It was smaller than Forza 5 and Forza 1. So the same thing happened last gen. T10 doesn't reuse assets between generations. I bet Forza 6 is closer to 400 cars and adds another 5 locations. 
  • Marvin MooreMarvin Moore Member
    edited March 2015

Did you play Forza 2? It was smaller than Forza 5 and Forza 1. So the same thing happened last gen. T10 doesn't reuse assets between generations. I bet Forza 6 is closer to 400 cars and adds another 5 locations. 
    You do have a point there. I doubt they don't use ANY assets between generations but I'll admit they do seem to want to "start from scratch" on the first iteration of each new console. I really wanted to race those V8 Supercars on FM5 with a wheel. Using sticks just takes all the life out of it. But unless Fanatec has some outrageous trade-in program in the works I don't see that happening for me.
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited March 2015

You do have a point there. I doubt they don't use ANY assets between generations but I'll admit they do seem to want to "start from scratch" on the first iteration of each new console. I really wanted to race those V8 Supercars on FM5 with a wheel. Using sticks just takes all the life out of it. But unless Fanatec has some outrageous trade-in program in the works I don't see that happening for me.
    Yeah, I think some stuff gets reused, just way less than gran turismo 5 and 6 did with PS2 assets. If they have a trade in program now, all of us who paid for V2s are gonna be mad, the trade in option is ebay. I am selling my turbo S once I have a fully working V2 setup to a friend for $150, just wheel and shifters. 

Completely agree about the FM.net mods. They are horrible!!!
  • http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/03/f1-2015/

june release, so much racing coming out. 
  • Online Racing is More important to Me than Having Maximum Graphics so I Choose Console over PC.
    at this point a XB1 Rim that will Work with the XB360 will be the Deciding Factor if i Buy it or Not... Pricing is a Factor also The Porsche Rim Cost the Same as a PS4!!! Then Factor in the F1 Rim and thats the same Price as a PS4 and 3 games!!! I will just use the Posrshe and F1 Rims on the PS4....i Refuse to Feed More $$$ To MS they are being Just Too Greedy. jmt
    On PC you get the best of both, better online with 64 cars (and online is FREE) and better graphics with faster framerate.
    That just isn't true, many ps4 games have framerate problems which is unacceptable. Ryse on the XO looks better than anything on ps4. There is a lot more to graphics than resolution alone.
  • I do think MS are a bunch of greedy MFs and I think I'm not the only one... Yes Fanatec has a choice but IF you do wan't to please console owners as a third part company, MS forces them to get a licence agreement so they can fill their pockets again over the backs of everyone.

And I think sony are a bunch of jackasses who fooled all the dummies with their anti-DRM BS, MS has a licensing system to ensure that when you buy an XO wheel it works with EVERY driving title and the ps4 is the wild west, who knows what will work with what?  If you wanted Forza to have everything FM4 had why didn't you wait for FM6? It was obvious to everyone with a double digit IQ that you can't create everything FM4 had on an ENTIRELY NEW graphics engine in only two years so they shipped FM5 and added features later which IMO is better than waiting 4 years for the next Forza title. Why did you buy it? It's not like they tried to trick you into thinking it had all the features like sony would have.
  • Why I bought it...? Because was nothing else to drive on XOne and too high expectations of T10 on next gen console....

If they knew they could not deliver top dog don't bring it out....but it had to because of the XOne hit the stores

• I own All the Forza Games including FM5 and a TX wheel and i Still Prefer GT6!!! Ive Never Been impressed with Turn10 Wheel physics Either GT6 wheel physics Feel Better imo. The Forza Line Has Become a Huge Let Down its Just a $$$ Money Pit!!! They Give you Half a Game at Full Price and Sell you the Rest Via Expansion Packs... also Turn10 Seems to Have abandoned FM5 because there Has Not been a Forza update in a While.
    Unless FM5 Feels absolutly Great with the V2 i will Not be Buying FM6... I Have always been more of a Xbox Fan but Seems like its Time for me to Change Teams.
  • Console vs PC is Just useless Debate it all Depends on what you Like. What Matters Most to Me in a Racing Game are the Wheel Physics...Give me a Racing Game that the Physics Feel Good when using a Wheel and Who Cares How Much More detail PC is Supposed to Have... I Will be too Focused on Running Clean Fast Laps that i wont Have time to admire the Extra Graphics & Detail that PC is Supposed to have.

I Hope Project Cars is Not all Pretty Cars that Drive and Handle Sloppy with a wheel!!! To Me Good Wheel physics is everything.
  • As Far as The V2 working in Future Racing Titles i dont believe that will be a Problem...Thrustmaster was the Official wheel for Gran Turismo series but Fanatec wheels still Worked... I Have Grid Autosport for PS3 and there is a "Fanatec" Driver Profile in there!!! So i dont think Fanatec will Have a Problem with Game Developers including their Wheel Drivers in their Future Racing Titles... It will only Help them Sell their Game to Wheel users.
  • I own All the Forza Games including FM5 and a TX wheel and i Still Prefer GT6!!! Ive Never Been impressed with Turn10 Wheel physics Either GT6 wheel physics Feel Better imo. The Forza Line Has Become a Huge Let Down its Just a $$$ Money Pit!!! They Give you Half a Game at Full Price and Sell you the Rest Via Expansion Packs... also Turn10 Seems to Have abandoned FM5 because there Has Not been a Forza update in a While.
    Unless FM5 Feels absolutly Great with the V2 i will Not be Buying FM6... I Have always been more of a Xbox Fan but Seems like its Time for me to Change Teams.
    I am the opposite, GT6 is boring once i finished all of the races, not nearly enough seasonal events, with Forza there are hundreds of leaderboards to work on. 
  • edited March 2015
    Josha Craig said: I am the opposite, GT6 is boring once i finished all of the races, not nearly enough seasonal events, with Forza there are hundreds of leaderboards to work on.

I Do Agree that I Miss the Leader Board part of Forza...The Leader Boards Kept Me Focused on Running Cleaner Laps to improve my Times.

I Dont Know if its the V2 or Not But GT6 wheel Physics feel better than FM 4 felt using the CSR Elite and Just a Tad under Par from FM5 using the TX... I Wonder will the V2 Breath New Life into FM5 for me only time and a XB1 Rim will Tell... LOL

Well, you've shared a couple opinions, yes, when you add words like "i think" in front of a sentence.

But when you say things like "what M$ wants, Fanatec does and M$ gets..." and "MS forces them to get a licence agreement so they can fill their pockets again over the backs of everyone.".  

Opinions my ass, sounds like you are trying to slang this around as definitive facts to me..
  • Dillon Ryan Said: Well, you've shared a couple opinions, yes, when you add words like "i think" in front of a sentence.

But when you say things like "what M$ wants, Fanatec does and M$ gets..." and "MS forces them to get a licence agreement so they can fill their pockets again over the backs of everyone.".  

Opinions my ass, sounds like you are trying to slang this around as definitive facts to me..

I agree with Antoine Gossens the wheels work on everything else as is but XB1... So MS is Lining their pockets. There is No Reason the Wheels Need Extra Equip to work besides they want More $$$ because your forced to buy Extra Stuff... Window10 is Coming out what would be said if they Make it so the old wheels dont work with windows 10??? There would be a Big Out Cry from the PC Guys!!!

So you can Take your finger and Put it up Your A$$ to Shut your Blow Hole...JMO.
    and Nope you dont Have to agree... it is what it is.
  • Josha Craig said: I am the opposite, GT6 is boring once i finished all of the races, not nearly enough seasonal events, with Forza there are hundreds of leaderboards to work on.

I Do Agree that I Miss the Leader Board part of Forza...The Leader Boards Kept Me Focused on Running Cleaner Laps to improve my Times.

I Dont Know if its the V2 or Not But GT6 wheel Physics feel better than FM 4 felt using the CSR Elite and Just a Tad under Par from FM5 using the TX... I Wonder will the V2 Breath New Life into FM5 for me only time and a XB1 Rim will Tell... LOL
    I agree about physics, but if I want physics PC sims are the ones with the best, project cars may set a new bar for console physics. 
  • Landon LoperLandon Loper Member
    edited March 2015
    it does suck greatly I can't use my $400 porsche rim on the xbox, but i can on the pc/ps4....the xbox rim better be equivalent though.  It sucks there will only be ONE rim too. If it's nothing fancy and expensive as hell, I'll just keep my TX+CPX adapter for the xbox and keep using the csw v2 and it's rims on the pc/ps4.

I want to finally be able to sell off this TM TX, Th8a, and CPX adapter thought and just use ONE wheel/pedals/with assortment of rims for all platforms....
  • edited March 2015
    The Price of the XB1 Rim is a Huge Factor!!! The Porsche Rim Cost the Same as the PS4!!! So because i Allready Have the 918RSR & F1 Rim it just made More sense to Buy a PS4.
    I Would Still Like to Have a XB1 Rim but will Not Buy it if it Does Not work with XB360 also...I Have Many Friends Still on XB360 that i Still Race with and i Dont want to Have to Keep Changing Wheel Bases.
  • Dillon Ryan Said: Well, you've shared a couple opinions, yes, when you add words like "i think" in front of a sentence.

I agree with Antoine Gossens the wheels work on everything else as is but XB1... So MS is Lining their pockets. There is No Reason the Wheels Need Extra Equip to work besides they want More $$$ because your forced to buy Extra Stuff... Window10 is Coming out what would be said if they Make it so the old wheels dont work with windows 10??? There would be a Big Out Cry from the PC Guys!!!

So you can Take your finger and Put it up Your A$$ to Shut your Blow Hole...JMO.

We've all heard that boring rhetoric for decades now, people thinking MS is greedy is nothing new. The least thing you could do is try having an original thought for yourself instead of just regurgitating the same thing over and over again.
  • Why I bought it...? Because was nothing else to drive on XOne and too high expectations of T10 on next gen console....

If they knew they could not deliver top dog don't bring it out....but it had to because of the XOne hit the stores

Just because you don't think you get $60 worth of value for it doesn't mean everyone agrees and they sure would have made a lot less money if they listened to foolish opinions. Again, why did you buy it if it was bad? Everyone knew what the package was before it came it out. 

I wouldn't buy something I didn't like just because there was nothing else, what kind of logic is that? Race on the Master Race platform until something comes out on XO that you like.

As far as current gen console racers are concerned, they did deliver top dog. Look at the sorry excuse of a driving title ps4 got!

Why I bought it...? Because was nothing else to drive on XOne and too high expectations of T10 on next gen console....

I've never been impressed with the gt series and the fact that it uses arcade style rubberband in actual multiplayer races make it a laughable series. The pathetic sounds like the tire squeal are just disgusting too. Cluttered menus systems and  slow interface.

I didn't pay extra for DLC for FM5 , but I still got later tracks for FREE like Road America and the Nurburgring tracks etc. Considering they're actual laser scanned tracks is just another feather in the cap.

• Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited March 2015
    Dillon Ryan Said: Well, you've shared a couple opinions, yes, when you add words like "i think" in front of a sentence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They can't make windows 10 so it doesn't work with old wheels, the PC is the Master Race for a reason and devices can use their own drivers.