Fanatec on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Very Soon
  • Fanatec Has No Controle over the Economy... they Have to Raise the Prices ir they will end up out of busines... and I for 1 dont want that.
  • last day of march, XO update time, or are we going to have another info in a few weeks/months
  • After reading the whole post I can't find anything that confirms that the xbone wheel on a v1 base will work with all games. I understand that MS has a universal driver and its seesm PS uses a different model.  Someone asked early on but it got lost in the PC -v- console debate.  I assume it will work but I'd still like confirmation if possible.   
  • last day of march, XO update time, or are we going to have another info in a few weeks/months

On the Europe price post Thomas just said he was writing the press release right now.
  • Any one here have a US invite code they would be willing to separate with????

• We'll just have to wait it out till June. On E3 more news will be revealed on FM6, so why not reveal the XOne wheel there too huh....guess Thomas is under nda that long...
    If it pops up earlier it feels so much better...
  • So confused...  I have a Forza CSR rig and can't tell from the original announcement and following comments if I'll be able to use that for ProjectCARS on XboxOne in the near future.

I'd love to ditch the damned Thrustmaster I now have but I can't justify another $800 - $1000 for a new V2 base + XboxOne rim.  Sigh...
  • The GREEN says what's compatible on XOne...and BLUE for PS4.
    So ONLY the csw v1(.5) and the csw v2 with the to be revealed rim will work on XOne.
  • Will the Fanatec handbrake work with the V2 base on xbox one???? (with the Xbox wheel of course)
  • April. The second.
  • Will the Fanatec handbrake work with the V2 base on xbox one???? (with the Xbox wheel of course)

Why wouldn't it? Everything that plugs into the V2 base will work with whatever game supports the base.

Both FM5 and FH2 have analog options for the handbrake, btw.

Why wouldn't it? Everything that plugs into the V2 base will work with whatever game supports the base.

can it be paired with a shifter on xbox one as well though? thats my concern. ive only seen both used on pc.

can it be paired with a shifter on xbox one as well though? thats my concern. ive only seen both used on pc.

Hey fellas, the handbrake connects to the CSPv2 not the CSWv2. It does say in the FAQ that the handbrake works for FORZA on the Xbox360 so I would think the same should hold true for the Xbox 1.

Hey fellas, the handbrake connects to the CSPv2 not the CSWv2. It does say in the FAQ that the handbrake works for FORZA on the Xbox360 so I would think the same should hold true for the Xbox 1.
    so you have to use the cspv2 pedals to use the hand brake.
  • Or if on pc the USB adapter. Here's the product page. Gives all the details.

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/sim-racing-hardware/clubsport-handbrake-us.html
  • Or if on pc the USB adapter. Here's the product page. Gives all the details.

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/sim-racing-hardware/clubsport-handbrake-us.html
    thanks for the help, i plan to play on the xbox one. so i will have to get the pedals.
  • Who cares if a track is 1 feet shorter or wider... rather would have more non laser scanned or even made up tracks !!!!
    Dude, you're barking up the wrong tree. 

We made Horizon 2 for this very reason, among many others.

Dillon you work for Turn10?

If he does, he should feel free to get more Volvos into FM6. No Volvos in FM5 :(

Anyways. Agree. There are plenty of games with made up tracks. I would prefer mine to be as accurate as possible when doing sim racing.

• Any news on compatibility with Drive Club?

• thanks for the help, i plan to play on the xbox one. so i will have to get the pedals.
    That's my bad Gage Bright. I was under the impression that the handbrake plugged into the fourth port on the CSW V2.
  • unfortunately, i have the original GT3rs wheel :(

I'm not sure, we should get some clarity on this from Thomas. Last week the Handbrake detail page showed support only for Xbox360 (all other icon red).
    Now no icons at all, same applies to the ClubSport Shifter.

I contacted Fanatec support and it seems that both Shifter and Handbrake won't work (yet) on next gen consoles, maybe it was a misunderstanding but I'm confused now as Thomas said they should work.

It will be good to create some sort of FAQ on where those accessories and how they should be connected ;)
  • Thomas, will there be more PS4 titles supporting fanatec, such as Driveclub? Do you have to contact each game studio by yourself or sony will do this?
  • Waiting for Fanatec support in Driveclub here too, just can't play with a controller after using a GT2 wheel for years. Does this have anything to do with Fanatec or is entirely up to Evolution Studios now?
  • Guys...just read trough the COMPLETE blog in stead off just ask over and over again !!!
    The Fanatec DRIVERS to use V2 base have been sent to game developers...I bet ES was one of the first who got it...so it's TOTALLY up to them to implement...so everybody...e mail ES to have compatibility
  • I did leave my questions/request twice on Driveclub's facebook fans' page, but no reply so far. 

• WOW, there was me thinking great news can use my CSR on PS4, all I need to do is get the drive belt replaced on my wheel. Email customer support detailing my broken belt and I would like a replacement to get this reply:
     Hi Mark,
    thank you for your enquiry.
    I am really sorry, but we unfortunately are unable to provide you a belt. We don't have them either and it would have to be take out of a completely new wheel.
    I apologise for that
    Best regards / Freundliche Grüße,

Johannes Kirsch

(Fanatec Support Team)

So a £5 part has written off £200+ steering wheel...So that is fanatec customer support.

• I did leave my questions/request twice on Driveclub's facebook fans' page, but no reply so far. 

You ain't gonna get an answer from Thomas about this one either...cause he simply doesn't know !!!

• well, for everyone who would like to have fanatec wheel support in DriveClub, please kindly go to their face book fan page and leave a message requesting DC to support fanatec wheel. the more we do, to higher possibility we get.
    here is the link

• i did it ! (Driveclub)

greetz

Marco