Gran Turismo Sport (PS4/PS5) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Comments

• Regarding Brake Force, you should set it at a value that feels natural to you. Your starting point could be something you are used to from driving your own car in real life. Real racing cars tend to have a very hard brake pedal with little movement, so adjust the pedal resistance as well to your liking. Then let the value stay for at least 2 weeks and do a lot of practice. Get used to the weight and feel of the brake and let your muscles and brain learn to drive with the Brake Force value and resistance you chose, it's called muscle memory. Then you can start tweaking, but when you change it, you should try it for 2 weeks of training before you get settled in and choose if you want to stay or go back to the original value.

• Anyone has settings for firmware v365? I updated it and now it feel totally different, also the settings options are different now. Even when in long fast turns now the wheel making weird strong oscillations when touching curbs, like jting... anyone?

Podium DD1 with blue F1 wheel.

• Anyone found decent ffb-settings when using CSW(2.0/2.5) with drivehub?

• PS4 (V7.55)

fanatec csl elite ps4 (V373)

After upgrading the V373,

can’t play games in the yellow mode. The crew and dirt rally can’t be used in the yellow light mode. The V328 is fine.

• Dominic, I mainly use my DD1 for GT Sport and recently updated to the Beta 399. Would you have a baseline setting for the DD1 for GT Sport. My setting is the one you posted on the forum last year without the LIN function. Would you mind sharing your latest setting? Thank you very much!

• edited March 2021

Hello, I have recently purchased the fanatec dd1 ps4 and I do not like the sensations that it offers in gran turismo. My previous wheel was a thrusmaster t-gt and they turned out to be much better in gran turismo. I would like you to update the parameters to the new firmware of the steering wheel. Thanks.

• Hi Jacob,

Have you any guidance towards the settings on the latest firmware (402)?

Many thanks

Nick

• Can we please get the first post recommended settings updated to include the new DD1 settings from firmware 400 onward?

• I have Brake rumble but no throttle rumble; even though the test shows the motor working. Is there a setting that turns off/on the throttle for GTS ?

• my setting for the DD1 with the latest driver are:

SEN 540

FFB 35

LIN OFF

NDP 12

NFR 5

NIN 6

INT 2

FEI 100

FOR 100

SPR 100

DPR 100

BLI 0FF

SHO 100

MPS AUTO

BRF 40

and in gt sport the settings are:

ffb 2

senitivity 10

• Is the 911 GT3 R Wheel with podium button module compatible with GT Sport

Does the display show the relevant information on the rim?

Thanks in Advance

• Can I update the firmware for the first time and configure everything through the PS4? I have the Podium kit and the V3 pedals but I'm waiting for the rig to arrive (so I haven't plugged it in yet). No gaming computer to plug it into so hopefully I can set it up through the PS4. It says it's FOR the PlayStation after all and that's what I bought it for. Should I drag out an old laptop?

Unfortunately I'm not part bot so I haven't been able to buy a PS5 yet. Getting ready for the new PS VR and GT7.

• hello everyone need some help here been racing gts com a regular basis with the thrustmaster T-GT now just got my self a DD1 PS setup with v3 inverted pedals and for the last 2 months cant come anywhere nears my lap times with the old set up , mainly inconsistency (sensitivity) and mostly having major issue with the brakes , I feel that I’m destroying the tires because of how hard I’m braking while I’m barely touching the pedals any help would be appreciated, need settings on pedals as well

ty all !

• Edwin DrostEdwin Drost Member
    edited August 2021

Coming from a T300, I'm still experimenting.

For now, below are my settings, max torque registered during drive ~6Nm.

• Still figuring out the correct FFB Interpolation, setting it low (OFF...2) gives detail, but is also very noisy and jercky.
    • Experimenting with BRF, I find the CSP v3 brake pedal quite hard and difficult to dose especially if you want to brake a little like trail braking.
    • The combination of FFB 50% and GT Sport Force Feedback Max torque of 6 givens me a proper spring effect depending on tyre grip. GT Sport Force Feedback Max torque 5 also works, but I find 6 to be a bit more realistic.
    • GT Sport Force Feedback Sensitivity could probably be lowered although I find 1 too weak, still tweaking.

• Hi Dominic, can you provide some settings for GT DD PRO base for those who bought Express version of the base? We need some basic settings to start with, just like DD1 or Elite+

• When playing GT Sport and using the new 431 Driver with Auto setup, will the wheelbase (DD1) detect that is playing GT Sport and have the correct settings pushed to it or will it just use the default sewttings?

"New "Auto Setup" which is the factory default for P DD, CSL DD, GT DDPRO, CSW V2.5, CSL E WB PS4:

1. Settings in Auto Setup can only be changed by the game, for example to push recommended settings. 
    2. While in Auto Setup the user can only view the settings, but not change them. 
    3. If the settings aren't set by the game, the factory default will be used."

• The newest driver is 429 for the P DD. There was no Auto Setup I saw.

• Dominic Brennan - the fanatec already has the recommended settings for the base GT DD PRO?

1. How trusted are Beta drivers? If I install it and it bricks my sh%#, is Fanatec gonna be like too bad for you?
    2. How far out are we before we get the real drivers?
    3. Can someone create a spreadsheet with ALL the default or recommended settings for the Podium DD, for GT Sport and ACC at least (PlayStation games). I'm sure there are a bunch of people that would like it for the DD Pro as well.
  • Does Fanatec have a configuration for the CSL GT DD Pro yet?

• Gran Turismo DD Pro

Tuning Menu Settings:

SEN AUT

FF 100

FFS Peak

NDP 30

NFR Off

NIN Off

INT 3

FEI 100

FOR 100

SPR 100

DPR 100

BLI User Preference

SHO 100

BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:

Force Feedback Max Torque: 5

Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

• Very much a noob . Just received my GT DD Pro and am playing GT Sport for first time and and am very under welled by the force feed back at least natively .I am running the booster kit , force is fine but detail seems to be missing . Any suggestions for settings ? Also saw above recommended settings , but only improved a small amount . Also do not see in game settings anywhere (are they in game menu or somewhere else ? Again a complete noob so sorry for all the questions that may already be answered elsewhere .

• edited December 2021

I had the same feeling coming from a T300 - the default setup does not feel great in GT Sport.

The things that made the biggest difference to me:

• In-game: FFB sensitivity to 1 (as recommended here)
    • Wheel: Set FFB Interpolation to 1 (or even 0 if you don't mind a "coggy" feel - this setting really messes with GTS' feedback for some reason)
    • Wheel: Lower natural damping (0 works fine, but to taste)

My current settings (5nm):

• FEI, FOR, SPR, DPR, SHO all at default 100 (only FEI and FOR have any effect in GTS)
    • FFS: Doesn't really matter (I think Lin keeps some headroom for jolts, bump in-game strength to compensate)
    • NDP, NFR, NIN all at 10 (might not be noticeable)
    • INT at 1
    • In-game: 5/1 as recommended here (comparable to 4/4 on the T300)

I also play around with NIN+NFR adjusted a bit higher for a bit more weighty feel.

Have not experienced any oscillation issues, even with NDP/NFR/NIN/INT all at 0

• edited December 2021

For In-game settings, go to Driving settings (gear icon at the bottom, when you are on the track menu), then scroll down to Advanced Settings and more down to Controller. There is Force Feedback Max Torque and Force Feedback Sensitivity

I use Fanatec's recommended settings from first post of this tipic for my 5Nm DD Pro, only channge In-Game Max Torque from 5 to 4

SEN AUT

FF 100

FFS Peak

NDP 30

NFR Off

NIN Off

INT 3

FEI 100

FOR 100

SPR 100

DPR 100

BLI User Preference

SHO 100

BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:

Force Feedback Max Torque: 4

Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

You can play with Sensitivity, it could be tricky when you raise it 😁

• Are the recommended settings for gran turismo dd pro the same with 8nm (boost kit)?

• I have these settings. Credits to "random callsign"

SEN AUT

FF 100

FFS Peak

NDP 30

NFR Off

NIN Off

INT 2

FEI 100

FOR 100

SPR 100

DPR 100

BLI User Preference

SHO 100

BRF User Preference

• Does the ffb feels to low with the latets firmware on the DD Pro?

I have the idea that the ffb is lacking a lot?

Also in gt.

Or is it me, or my wheelbase?

• I didn't notice any difference 🤷🏻‍♂️

Did you check base and in-game settings?