The Podium BMW M4 GT3 wheel is almost here! Here’s the information you’ve been waiting for.

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator

As you probably know, we are a bit behind schedule on the release of the Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3. I won’t bore you with the details, but this has been a very tough year for product development and manufacturing across the entire industry. In particular the automotive sector has been hit hard, and because we use so many automotive-grade materials and chips in our products, we have been hit with the same kind of setbacks.

But we’re on the final stretch now, and we are already shipping units to BMW Motorsport for the real cars. Those units are still built by hand on a small scale but we are now ramping up production to increase the output.

Now for the information you’ve been waiting for: the Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3 will be available for pre-order for 1399.95 €/$ starting December 20th.

So it is not the 4000,- or 5000,- of similar real world race car steering wheels as rumored by some people. Although it is certainly the most expensive wheel in our line up it is well below other motorsport wheels and even well below other simracing wheels out there.

This product is exactly the same wheel that goes into the real car. It’s not a replica. This has never been done before and I am very proud of what we’ve been able to achieve here. The original announcement video is below:

If you’re interested in seeing the whole story, check out this documentary:

The wheel is of course compatible with our new quick release system and the price is of course including this new QR. But it is also compatible with our QR1 system which is included as well so you have the free choice.

I also suggest that you tune into the BMW Sim Live 2021 live stream later today... https://www.twitch.tv/bmwesports

Further information and technical details available on bmw.fanatec.com.

Comments