Are you kidding me????

So, since Fanatec is really backed up and slow on support, I wanted to get a spare load cell for my out of warranty V3 pedals just in case mine ever fails.

That way I would have a spare ready to go and not have to wait weeks to get a replacement.

I emailed support a week ago asking to get one and told them I have no problem paying for one and this is the reply I got:

"Thank you for your reply. I understand, but we are only allowed to hand out spare parts if there is actually a defect.

I kindly ask for your understanding."

REALLY!?

It's a $20.00 load cell for Christ sake.......

I don't think I will invest in anymore Fanatec equipment. I do not like how they conduct business.

Comments

• Maybe I will just order one of these off of eBay:

200kg load cell and looks to be a better design than Fanatec's one anyway.

No chance of metal fatigue failure, only fail point would be the load cell unit itself.

• I've never understood that policy, either. If you, as a company, have a product, and a customer is willing to pay for that product, why would you not sell him the product?

Perhaps they're worried that there will suddenly be a run on load cells and they'll be so overwhelmed by customer requests that they'll be unable to fulfill them all in a timely manner...?

Nah... surely a company like Fanatec would never let something like that happen...

• I never understood why Fanatec designed the load cell for the V1,V2 & V3 the way they did.

Crappy design that is prone to metal fatigue failure.........

• Interested to hear how you make that work, both physically fitted into the pedals but also calibrated to work with the driver.

• Jon KramerJon Kramer Member
    edited May 2022

It is a drop in replacement for the V3 pedal load cell. Calibration should work just fine.

Driver only needs to know what the min and max pressure you set to the pedal.........

• Excellent - can you attach a link to the listing.

• So... let me get this straight. Fanatec WILL sell you a replacement load cell if you have CSP v1 or v2 pedals. (I know, because I just placed an order: $20 + approx. $14 shipping and tax to the US). My current v1's are working fine (knock on wood), and I just wanted a backup in case the load cell ever fails. Didn't have to contact customer service or prove that my original had failed...I just added it to my cart, entered payment info, and off I went.

Yet someone with a set of v3's is unable to do the same? (Fanatec make it very clear that the replacement I bought ONLY works with the v1 and v2 pedals) I didn't see a v3-compatible load cell anywhere in the Fanatec Shop.

So if you need a replacement part for their old, discontinued pedals, they've got you covered. If you need the same for their latest, still-currently-produced, "flagship" pedals... you're out of luck unless you can prove your current load cell is actually broken.

Seriously, Fanatec?

• Also, why are the v3 load cells linked in this thread selling for $100+ when the v1/v2's are $20 in the Fanatec shop? Are they much more technologically advanced somehow? Are you buying more than one? Or is this price gouging?

• Maybe because is not an original FANATEC replacement for the V3 but some compatible 3rd party one, and 200kg, listed at 200+ Euros (original price), 130€ discounted.

The power brick is around 65€ plus 25€ shipping, I was just curios to check the euro prices.

Personally not interested in both at the moment.

I have no idea how much FANATEC will charge for a V3 replacement loadcell, I just hope not to know, ever šŸ˜Š

Ciao!

• From what I can gather from searching around, it seems the original v1/v2 loadcells are rated at 50kg.

Fortunately I've never had an issue with mine after 10+ years of use, and I've never felt like I needed a higher-rated loadcell (would there even be any appreciable difference in how the pedal feels with a higher-rated LC?)

I guess if you compare dollars per kg, $100 for 200kg isn't too much more expensive than $20 for 50kg. I'm really surprised that Fanatec won't offer something for the v3's unless you prove that your original is broken. What is the original v3 loadcell rated at?

So I guess durability would be the main advantage of having a higher-rated loadcell? Or is there something else?

• Jon KramerJon Kramer Member
    edited May 2022

They don't list the v3 load cell and they will only sell you one if your current one is broken.

That's what I was told by Fanatec.

The one linked in this thread is an aftermarket one and is not Fanatec.

It has a 200kg load cell while the stock Fanatec one for the v3 is 90kg.

The original Fanatec v3 load cell is about $20 + tax and shipping like the v1/v2 load cell.

$109 is about right for the 200kg aftermarket one. Quality load cells 100kg and above can be expensive.

Load cells are just pressure sensors, as long as you are not pushing the cell past its rated max pressure, they should never wear out or fail.

Fanatec load cells are different, using a two piece metal design that is prone to metal fatigue and breakage. They look cheap...........

• If you get the 200kg load cell, please keep us all posted. I'd gladly get a set of V3's and then buy that load cell if the loadcell works and is as bullet proof as it ought to be. I cannot see anyone other than some sort of power lifter ever coming close to overloading a 200kg loadcell, especially; with the short levers of the Fanatec V3 brake pedal. The pedal arm might bend before that happens.

I threw a lot at my 90kg rated CSL-Elite pedals, and they're doing just fine. If I could replace the loadcell with a 200kg rated unit, the pedal arms would be the only thing I'd worry about. But instead of operating on the CSLE-LC's I'd just upgrade to the CSPs and get the performance kit and that loadcell (if it works).

• RJ DRJ D Member

Regarding the 8nm power supply. Pretty cool that there is a lower priced unit available, but when you factor in shipping, it’s more like half price of ordering the 8nm upgrade from Fanatec with the wheelbase.

sure you can save like $80 but what if there is a problem with the power supply that effects the wheelbase?

I suppose for owners who only have the 5nm power supply that would have to pay Fanatec shipping, now you save $100.

In my other hobby, high end audio, we purchase outboard linear power supplies to make the gear sound better.

• Installed one today needed to be rewired as it was inverted and the alloy block had a bad screw hole which needed a bigger screw. It can be a bit difficult to zero the min value out adjusting the preload screw and adding a bit of min dead zone seems to work. It comes with two see-through elastomers which just by squeezing them in hand feel almost dead stiff compared to the v3 kit. I removed the foam insert and just used the two elastomers and screwed the preload right out. The brake is now way harder to lock up and I can't max out the load cell probably using 120kg atm. All around an okay kit needs a bit of know-how and work to install and get it to function properly but it feels way better than the stock load cell. If you suffer really bad flickering on the Fanatec driver for me it meant I hadn't tightened the three screws on the alloy block. After tightening the signal is fairly stable. In game, I can't detect any brake stuttering. Would recommend.